The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

captdistraction said:
This is still very much in progress (pic taken after clear had tacked, but checking the tape lines in the vents):

IMG_2671.jpg

Looks like it doesn't match in the photo, but its just the pearl refracting light at different angle than the fenders. It looks fantastic and I hope I get to bring it home soon.

Awesome dude. I'll be doing the exact same thing this season as well. Congrats.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

steveespo said:
They had to blend the front fenders huh? That is why I love PW, my shop matched the hood to the fenders better than Ford did with the bumper cover. Looks awesome Capt.
Steve

Thanks! They did have to blend the fenders, and it took around 10 coats of the pearl to get the blend just right. This paint appears to be crazy hard to work with, but the end result is so worth it.

I thought about all the different schemes I could run on the hood, but due to all the curves and pearl, I may just leave it yellow.

qa2umude.jpg

Very cool...can't wait to see my first yellow blaze in person. Have yet to see one.

I washed my GB today...Clay Bar'd...washed again...and applied two coats of Zaino Z2 and gloss enhancer. Also got my windows tinted yesterday.

What did you do to your boss today?

captdistraction said:
This is still very much in progress (pic taken after clear had tacked, but checking the tape lines in the vents):

IMG_2671.jpg

Looks like it doesn't match in the photo, but its just the pearl refracting light at different angle than the fenders. It looks fantastic and I hope I get to bring it home soon.

That will be a beautiful car...

CMP yesterday. Got my baseline numbers and beat my buddies best time there. 1:48:958. Could do better but i just went around in 4th cause i still can't get downshifting. Everything else my instructor said i did real good. Line and consistency was solid.

001_zpse091b91d.jpg

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PFd_7pUkzaw[/youtube]

four-walling said:
Buy a couple of packets of chewing tobacco and put one of the open packets in the engine compartment.

I also use 2-electronic pest repellents in the garage.

Also, we also have Orkin on contract to spray the perimeter of the house every 2 months to keep the critters away.

Never heard of chewing tobacco being used for that, but Im gonna try it..thanks

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

I had a busy day:

First off, the new look (picked up at night and raining, so good pics tomorrow perhaps):
mods-2.jpg

mods-4.jpg

PEARL!:
mods-11.jpg

then changed the cluster:
mods-7.jpg

mods-8.jpg

mods-10.jpg

some switchback LEDs: (jury is out on this one):

mods-12.jpg

(a bit too blue in white mode)
mods-15.jpg

normal during flashing:
mods-16.jpg

Then finally, the most polarizing modification my painter did (which jury is also out on this one):
mods-1.jpg

Pearl goes nuts under a flash:
mods-3.jpg

Looking good Chris. Is the speedo easier to read while driving your car? My biggest complaint about my Boss is the speedo and how difficult it is to read. Almost 10,000 miles later and it still takes too much time to read.

I like the console and have been thinking about doing that myself but in KB of course. Porsche and a few other manufacturers do something similar. I almost snagged a used set out of a Boss and if I had would have had them painted.

The hood looks fantastic. If you're going to reinstall the hockey stripes and are going to do anything to your hood you should consider using this scheme.

302Shooddesalvo.jpg

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

steveespo said:
Is that a GT500 cluster? Is it plug and play? I would like more legible tach and speedo than my "retro" fonts, only complaint I have in my 'BAUS' build.
Steve

Its a custom set I ordered from Blackcatcustom.com. Its just the overlay, cost me about $150 as I had them custom design it. I believe they're offering that design now, but their original GT500 offering had the numbers just way too thick.

here's the proof I had after a few revisions with them.
gauges2.jpg

I hadn't driven with it yet, but I imagine its easier to read. The tach definitely is.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

captdistraction said:
Its a custom set I ordered from Blackcatcustom.com. Its just the overlay, cost me about $150 as I had them custom design it. I believe they're offering that design now, but their original GT500 offering had the numbers just way too thick.

here's the proof I had after a few revisions with them.
gauges2.jpg

I hadn't driven with it yet, but I imagine its easier to read. The tach definitely is.

Nice, DIY install? How difficult? My next mod, check please!
Steve

Dropped my Boss off at the shop today for some mods.....

American Racing long tube and x pipe
Magna Flow Street series cat back
MGW shifter
Ford Racing P springs
Metco LCA and relo brackets
BMR adjustable panhard
Dyno tech driveshaft
LS brake cooling kit

I'll have it back Wed or Thur with new dyno numbers...then going to Homestead for the weekend to test it out!!!!

Over the past couples days:
  • Rebuilt front calipers
    New front rotors
    LS brake cooling duct kit added
    Rear track pads installed

What did you do to your boss today?

thebull said:
Dropped my Boss off at the shop today for some mods.....

American Racing long tube and x pipe
Magna Flow Street series cat back
MGW shifter
Ford Racing P springs
Metco LCA and relo brackets
BMR adjustable panhard
Dyno tech driveshaft
LS brake cooling kit

I'll have it back Wed or Thur with new dyno numbers...then going to Homestead for the weekend to test it out!!!!

Damn that's a load of mods

TMO Supporting Vendors