The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

ArizonaGT said:
I need to get some of those BMO decals when the car goes Full Racetard
Why wait??? ;D

got to pull her out of its car hole today.
first time i have been able to do this.
warmed her up and then admired her. still not close to being able to take it out but im getting there....lol

Dropped her off for the lighting system conversion. Inspection in two weeks, then she'll be fully road legal again.

Over 50 degrees here in PA today, which worked out perfect since I got my track key programmed today...woot woot! Love the way it drives now!

Edit: I mean I love it even more than I did before!

Got some track wheels and tires....TSW Nurburgring and Hoosier R6's. Got them from a friend selling his car....Killer deal :)

Probably won't try them yet. I want to get a better feel with the stock tires.

Went out to the garage, opened the door, took the car cover off and pointed outside. " see, snow bad, garage warm and good. Not yet red racer, we will eat more porshes soon, when the evil white sh*t goes away, sleep some more... " Closed the door and put the cover back on.

I painted the wheels and grill black.
fsafx.jpg

I don't know if I should leave the front logo covered up Shelby/Roush/Saleen style or uncover it 302s style.

NewBossowner said:
Went out to the garage, opened the door, took the car cover off and pointed outside. " see, snow bad, garage warm and good. Not yet red racer, we will eat more porshes soon, when the evil white sh*t goes away, sleep some more... " Closed the door and put the cover back on.

Funny!!!! I live in Alaska so I feel your pain!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Today I plan to:

Install rear springs
Change Trans fluid (Redline MTL)
Install Strano adjustable front bar
Install MM Bumpsteer Kit

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

NFSBOSS said:
Which springs are you installing? Don't you already have the springs from your Roush track pack installed?

Yes, I ordered a softer set from KW for the rear; I am hoping these will help me hook up on corner exit.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Dropped off my rockers, rear difusser, and side splitters at the body shop for my 2013 color scheme update. Plan on changing front struts (have a Koni that seems blown, discovered when installing camber plates) and replacing suspension bolts as prevenative maintenence.
Steve

What did you do to your boss today?

steveespo said:
Dropped off my rockers, rear difusser, and side splitters at the body shop for my 2013 color scheme update. Plan on changing front struts (have a Koni that seems blown, discovered when installing camber plates) and replacing suspension bolts as prevenative maintenence.
Steve

I thot about painting those parts as well. Looking forward to pics of the finished project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What did you do to your boss today?

steveespo said:
Steve

I thot about painting those parts as well. Looking forward to pics of the finished project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is abnormally cold here in western Colorado, so I have been piddling around on the BOSS. Got a wild hair to get the 302S grill and x-brace. As always checked around on prices and availibility. I went to the tech thread and read about the grill, decided to mod the grill I have. Using a Dremel tool with a cutting bit outed the blockers (if you plan to do this cut on the side, not the top to get the proper look), found the same mesh at TruValue, painted Krylon satin black and found black wire at Hobby Lobby. It's done and they are perfect, took my time, mic'd all my cuts to be exact match on both sides. Comparing to the pics I have seen my grill is anally perfect. Figuring the best cost on the unpainted grill, then having it painted, saved about $400, my labor of about 8 hours(love to do this stuff) is nil. Then I ordered the x-brace seat delete kit from Summit for $1170 ($0 shipping), ships on Monday. Note the red x-brace is out of production most places that had them are sold out. Only the '13 grey is availible. Oh well. The local .9 mile road course opens the first of Feb. and I will be ready for some real track time.

Cleaned the Boss today after 2 track weekends....So much fun...Bugs and Rubber!!! My arms are very tired..Time for some 12oz curls and football!!!

batman48195 said:
I put on some new (to me) wheels and all season Continental Extreme Contact DWS 275/35/19 tires (all the way around) so I can enjoy driving the Boss in cooler temperatures. I went the same so I can rotate them. Only lost .1 inch in rear tread width. The wheels are 19x9's. I like the look.

null-42.jpg

Brian

What rims are those? They look good.

TMO Supporting Vendors