The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Installed my Redline hood struts, put a back seat in for the kids (car is an LS) and swapped out the 3/4" exhaust plates for the 7/8"...

Hopey said:
Installed my Redline hood struts, put a back seat in for the kids (car is an LS) and swapped out the 3/4" exhaust plates for the 7/8"...

If you want to sell your 3/4 discs shoot me a PM.

JTRATX said:
If you want to sell your 3/4 discs shoot me a PM.
If not I have plenty in stock.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3663.0

Hopey said:

Want to sell the LS rear brace?

Jason

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Suspension work; changing front Koni struts, had a blown seal on the right, changing stock front Brembo GT sway bar for LS110's Laguna Seca bars. Hope to finish tomorrow, started at 12 degrees and made it to 17. Man that's cold!
Steve

NFSBOSS said:
Washed mine for the first time in about two months.

IMG_1983.jpg

Must be nice to hand wash a car. The high temp in my neck of the woods was 21° today, was 19° yesterday. I'm not complaining because I know some of my friends farther north have had it much worse.

What did you do to your boss today?

Working on the garage today again. Getting ready to have the floor coated and start hanging cabinets, etc .

jskwarek said:
Want to sell the LS rear brace?

Jason

Jason, appreciate the offer but i am keep them and reinstall in a few years... Plan on keeping the car a long time alongside my 1970 Boss 302....

BTW, what a PIA installing the rear seatbelts is...whatever Ford engineer decided that you have to remove the quarter and window trim panel as well as the rear shelf should be shot...access could have been from the trunk and a lot easier... I guess the same is true for the rear speakers which mount from the top of the rear shelf! Not that I have used the radio ever!

Cjmclean31 said:
Working on the garage today again. Getting ready to have the floor coated and start hanging cabinets, etc .

I had my garage done about 8 months ago. I went with a polyurea floor and have been happy with it to date.

http://www.rhinoliningsindustrial.com/products/polyaspartic_floors/fastfloor/125/126

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

I looked outside at the trailer it's stored in. 2 more months before I get to drive it again.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Got the work done on the suspension today, found out something interesting the hard way. Did you know the front sway bar from a Brembo GT is the exact same part, part number as a 2012 Boss LS at 36mm? After removing the front k member brace, oil cooler lines from the 302S cooler and the stock sway bar I decided to compare with the one I got from LS110. Sure enough exact same part, every number on the tags matched and size is the same. I then checked the rear bar 26mm vs 24mm stock that is 5 nuts and 10 minutes to swap. All the bolts on panhard and front of the lca's changed too. Front Konis changed. Productive weekend.
Steve

The sun came out and roads were dry. I went for a little road trip. Short but enjoyable. Pirellies are so sketchy on cold pavement. I had fun though.

Looked at my filthy car wondering if it would pass through a car wash with the slightly bigger tire on it. I may bite the bullet and do a drive by tommorow.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel