The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Justin said:
the hotter the car gets the better the trackey idle. I did find that the trackey lopey idle was very inconsistent. AED lopey idle is spot on perfect and sounds great :)

I contacted Shaun at AED today and got his input.

Washed, Iron X'd, Clayed, IPA wipe, Polished, Sealed the Boss today while it was nice. Gonna Glaze/Wax tomorrow after the rain lets up. She turned out pretty decent.

Sfq4kOO.jpg
Vr78czT.jpg
zBtrrJb.jpg
sdfr1a1.jpg

SVO WOODY said:
Tack Key, Corso Xtremes , and drove drove drove......
Looking good. I see the permafrost has melted. ;D

What did you do to your boss today?

ForceofWill said:
Washed, Iron X'd, Clayed, IPA wipe, Polished, Sealed the Boss today while it was nice. Gonna Glaze/Wax tomorrow after the rain lets up. She turned out pretty decent.

Noyce!

Can I ask: how do you clay (around?) the stripes?

kc3333 said:
Noyce!

Can I ask: how do you clay (around?) the stripes?

I clayed over the stripes since I wanted to clean them too. It left clay along the edges in a lot of places and it was a PITA to get it all out lol. Dunno a trick to make that easier.

Finally replaced the rear rotors and pads, now they match the front. Will be putting the summer tire on today and will be ready for my HPDE at Summit point the end of the month.

BOSS343

Theory of 1

Picked it up from paint shop today where they installed my Kenny Brown Boss Plus Spoiler....should prolly post pics...

That GHIG Boss looks great. I like the last pic, hard to capture the Copper colored metal flake in a pic, but in person, the paint is amazing. I have mine out of the garage and ready to be washed. I might put armour all on the tires, it looks like you might have, and it looks pretty good.

Dave

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

starting yesterday I striped the paint then adams deep wheel cleaned the paint. today I clayed and buffed got the from the roof hood and trunk done today. hope to finish up tomorrow and get the 22ple on it. the cold weather has been making it slow going. tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.

LS Front Splitter, LS Brake Duct Cooling Kit, LS Transmission Scoop, BOSS 302S Upper Grill, FORD Racing ARP Wheel Studs and Open Lug Nuts, Steede G-Track Brace, JLT Oil Seperators Both Sides.
Steve

The Rip said:
LS Front Splitter, LS Brake Duct Cooling Kit, LS Transmission Scoop, BOSS 302S Upper Grill, FORD Racing ARP Wheel Studs and Open Lug Nuts, Steede G-Track Brace, JLT Oil Seperators Both Sides.
Steve
You're off to a good start. When are you going to get your Boss out on a track? Welcome to BMO.

Hi, hoping for the summer. I am signed up for BOSS Track Attack at Miller on May 5th, also opted for the extra day in the FR. I will post some pictures of my BOSS as soon as I figure it out.
Steve

parked it today. washed her up and such. but ended up parking it for the time being. pulled the 66 fastback out and took her for a spin though.....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel