• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

302BOB said:
Too much Zaino?... :p
no to long on a spot with a flex. its going to have to go back cause of a wrinkle that is in the decal. didnt see it yesterday as it was raining now that it is dry I see it like a sore thumb

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

Changed the crankshaft position sensor to the updated one with the o ring added. Going to drop the car off at the dealer for the misfire correction neutral profile programming tomorrow. Wish I had the IDS so I could do it myself, talked with the service manager who has a mint built '87 GT, he was right on with all the info so I think I'm in good hands.
Steve

302BOB

Epic Contributor

Justin, I hope you get your decal issue resolved...I know you ,especially, like the rest us Boss owners like a good looking car!.. ;)

Justin

302BOB said:
Justin, I hope you get your decal issue resolved...I know you ,especially, like the rest us Boss owners like a good looking car!.. ;)
I do and vinyl decals make it hard to do that. I like paint so much easier to work with. that american muscle hood scoop looks more and more appealing everyday with its paint and all

VoodooBoss

Rick

RRBoss302 said:
Installed a Moroso brake reservoir cover, part # 74222...
I like that. The stock covers look so crappy after the first brake fluid leak hits them. Do you have a link to the cover?

Justin

NFSBOSS said:
I like that. The stock covers look so crappy after the first brake fluid leak hits them. Do you have a link to the cover?
the cpc covers block it from sight totally :) its what I am sporting and on the battery side as well.
1185977_647961058569802_6937991_n.jpg

248161_595259377173304_922213679_n.jpg

Ditched the H&R Race springs for a set of P springs. So much happier. Also put in the Fays2 Watts Link. Heading to Laguna Seca the day after Thanksgiving so it'll be fun to test out the new setup.

So I actually did a bunch of stuff a week ago but finally got some "good" pictures.
List of recent mods:
-Whiteline Watts link
-Whiteline Rear Sway bar
-Bilstien shocks and struts
-FRPP K springs
-Vorshlag Camber plates
-Whiteline relocation brackets
-Forgestar F14s 18x10 front 18x11 rear
-BFG Rivals 295 front 315 rear

The pics are okay for a sunny day with my iPhone. And this is at an SCCA autox practice.

null_zps6daf1713.jpgnull_zpsc8c7f8c6.jpgf56f17c2-e06b-47b9-b6f2-7397c8e8fcb1_zps59e29a5a.jpg

VoodooBoss

Rick

DailyDrivenBoss said:
So I actually did a bunch of stuff a week ago but finally got some "good" pictures.
List of recent mods:
-Whiteline Watts link
-Whiteline Rear Sway bar
-Bilstien shocks and struts
-FRPP K springs
-Vorshlag Camber plates
-Whiteline relocation brackets
-Forgestar F14s 18x10 front 18x11 rear
-BFG Rivals 295 front 315 rear

The pics are okay for a sunny day with my iPhone. And this is at an SCCA autox practice.
Looking good and nice list of mods. Do you have any clearance issues with the tires and did you have to use spacers with the front wheels?

What did you do to your boss today?

NFSBOSS said:
Looking good and nice list of mods. Do you have any clearance issues with the tires and did you have to use spacers with the front wheels?

+1

I'd like to know how the 10"/11" wheels fit.

I'm not running a spacer. I think there might be a little rubbing in the front but it's very slight. I've heard it only a couple times on an uphill right hand turn at very low speed. I haven't had a chance to take the wheel off and look at it. I haven't heard anything at autox yet. I might be able to run a small spacer if I want but it's not a very big concern right now. Both front and rear are very tight though. Not much clearance inside on either end but enough I think. I think a watts link I a must for the rear to prevent possible rubbing. These tires also sit wider than the wheel ie curb guard. So overall I'm very happy with the fitment.

Had my 13 BOSS on the Dyno for the first time yesterday... Dyno guy said there was no "Power Difference" between the Black and Red Key, so all pulls were done on the black key. Car is BONE STOCK with exception to Borla ATAK axel backs and MGW Shifter.

So we ran the Black Key, and used 5th gear as top. I have heard using the Red Key and 4th gear will "show Higher numbers" but won't be "True", but due to the workload he had we only had time for 3 pulls.

Pro-Dyno is one of the best Dyno/Tune companies on the East Coast, so I trust what they say, and 99% of all Mustangs in the Carolina's are tuned by them. My V6 Is also tuned by them and its a BEAST for what it is...

Pretty disappointed with the numbers right now, not sure why they are so low...
376HP, 348TQ was the best of 3 pulls. :-[ Running 93 Oct. Fuel

Also after these pulls I parked the car for about 5 hours, then took it on a 35 mile run, and had a CEL light blinking for about a mile or so (about 5 miles into the 35 mile run), but it hasn't come on since and its been driven another 50 miles since the CEL showed and disappeared.

This was the Best of the 3 pulls, Max speed was 156 MPH
DynoNov21013.jpg

So next run I do will be with the Red Key to see if there is any difference, (though it won't be back to back runs, so I know that won't be a true "gauge"...)

I know each Engine and Each Dyno is different, but these numbers to me just seem way off... a friend of mine has a 13 Grabber BOSS and his Black Key numbers were 401HP and 389TQ. Also a 2013 5.0 Mustang with CAI and H-Pipe ran yesterday too, and his numbers were 443HP and 406TQ! I got beat by 5.0 with only minor mods... :-[

Took my Boss out for a spin after being left (neglected) in the garage for three weeks. In the 50's in SE Virginia and getting a little cold for the Pirelli Corsa's. I've got t a tremec tranny with a 2.66 first gear. Towards the end of my ride got it rolling to about 15-20 mph from a stop light and then nailed it. End result was the back end breaking loose. I pedaled it and kept on getting. No ticket yet, but if I continue to drive it like I stole it, I'm sure I'll get one eventually. Good stress relief prior to going back to work tomorrow. Life's short, so drive hard.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel