The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What helmet do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for all the replies.
I only found one place in town that had helmets in stock and they only had G-Force Snell 2005. Since I wanted to actually try on helmets of various sizes I went with one of those (G-force pro eliminator full face). Was good that I tried them on because they fit a little differently than my previous Bell (snell 95) helmet. I needed to use a different size. Being a Snell 2005 the price was low ($150).

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Be careful with a Snell 2005. Some clubs require a Snell 2010 this season or in the very near future. Go to SafeRacer.com and buy online.

GA
PeteInCT said:
Be careful with a Snell 2005. Some clubs require a Snell 2010 this season or in the very near future. Go to SafeRacer.com and buy online.

At this point if you are going to invest in a helmet get a Snell/SA 2010. If you buy a Snell/SA 2005 it will only be good for another few years (expires 2015).

PeteInCT said:

What clubs are not accepting 2005, it was the 2000 that was just phased out? The helmets are good for 10 years. All clubs NASA, HOD etc. still say SA2005 or SA2010 here in FL.

drano38

Wayne
Last spring I got a Pryotect, a basic model but has the SA2010 rating. Pretty sure I got it from Helmet City. So far it works for me.
If I really have to use it some day, I'll report back on how it did, and if I don't report back, you'll know I should have bought a better helmet.

Also check the build date on the helmet, they deteriorate. Like with bikes, most clubs here won't let you out with one over 3 years old regardless of what the rating is.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel