The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's My RedPill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
93cobra said:
Question for you sir, if money was no object, what would be the ideal situation:

1. Keep both cars
2. Keep the Boss only
3. Keep the GT350 only

Me, personally, LOVE my Boss...but I was fortunate enough to drive a GT350 at NA Track Tour, and have wanted one ever since. My Dealership got one in and I stared at it and sat in it and still want one, but I'm on the fence about giving up my boss! what would your advice be?
Thanks!

Good question. I'm in the same situation you are. Although, I haven't been in a GT 350 yet.

93cobra said:
Question for you sir, if money was no object, what would be the ideal situation:

1. Keep both cars
2. Keep the Boss only
3. Keep the GT350 only

Me, personally, LOVE my Boss...but I was fortunate enough to drive a GT350 at NA Track Tour, and have wanted one ever since. My Dealership got one in and I stared at it and sat in it and still want one, but I'm on the fence about giving up my boss! what would your advice be?
Thanks!

I know that question wasn't aimed at me but I'll give you my opinion. if money were no object, keep both. I took my boss out for a spin yesterday evening (it was raining hard, so the R stayed in the garage)...and it's a hoot. The GT350 is, in almost every way, flat out better...but the boss still has such a great character. That said, option 2 would be to sell the Boss and keep the 350...as I'm doing. I'm 'replacing' the boss with something completely different - a Focus RS.

93cobra said:

1. Keep both cars
2. Keep the Boss only
3. Keep the GT350 only

Thanks!
Wow talk about putting me on the spot!

If money's no object and you have the room keep both. Like fuhrius I think the GT350 is better in just about every aspect except one. Character/personality. To me and by a very small margin the Boss is a kiss more fun driving around town. The Boss was loud, obnoxious, and felt more raw. The Boss feels more like a RCWALP but the the 350 is more of a RCWALP if that makes sense.

I'm a one fun car at a time kinda guy, you can only drive one at a time, but if money were no object I'd be driving a McLaren P1. ;)

MA
haha well i guess maybe i shouldn't have phrased it that way...I just meant besides the money factor, as in selling one to buy the other, etc.or if you had to choose one, etc......just comparing the 2 cars directly, which is what the answers have provided. I am just trying to get impressions for those that have had both cars, and so far it's a short list!!

I guess the best way to convey my situation is I WANT a GT350, but I'm not sure I want to give up my Boss to get it!

If you can, keep the Boss and Get the GT350. I fortunately have both and would agree Boss is a little more characterful. If you have the GT350 itch just get it even if you have to sell the Boss. Otherwise the grass will always be greener. If you change your mind you can always pick up another Boss. Or if you can, get the GT350 and then make the decision whether you want to keep both. Good Luck.

VoodooBOSS said:
I'm not going to have my new helmet for a few months but I did get some new stickers. Sad to see the BMO stickers go but these look just as good. ;)

@PeteInCT

IMG_7147_zps49iyasxv.jpg

what helmet are you going to get?
I'm going to be up in Napa next week and was going to stop in at Wine Country Motorsports - probably the only remotely local place that has a significant amount of gear to try on - looking at a new helmet. I'm really liking the Stilo ST5 GT...currently running an HJC si-21 and love the fit of it.

TymeSlayer said:
Said with tongue in cheek... damn where's the emoticon for that?

I wasn't saying that tongue-in-cheek. I think the RS is going to be a blast. I'm anticipating that $3k of factory-warranty-approved Mountune gear is going to deliver ~400hp/400ft lbs and tweaks to the suspension that are going to make that little sucker rock pretty hard for under $40k.

93cobra said:
haha well i guess maybe i shouldn't have phrased it that way...I just meant besides the money factor, as in selling one to buy the other, etc.or if you had to choose one, etc......just comparing the 2 cars directly, which is what the answers have provided. I am just trying to get impressions for those that have had both cars, and so far it's a short list!!

I guess the best way to convey my situation is I WANT a GT350, but I'm not sure I want to give up my Boss to get it!

The Boss will make you have to be a better driver that the 350. Definitely more raw like VoodooBoss stated and I find myself having to pedal the thing in situations that the 350 powers right through. They are definitely different experiences and if there is any way to keep both, do it! I don't think the Boss' cool factor will ever get old

I reused the banjo and caliper bolts. I cleaned them both with a wire brush and brake cleaner on the banjo bolts. I used new copper washers. For the caliper bolts I used anti-seize and torqued to 116 ft lbs. I used witness marks on them. We were doing something similar with the Boss/Brembo calipers as the aluminum threads were getting whacked. Replacing the bolt is due to the loctite not the stress on it. I'd sure like to find studs that would work and may spend some time researching that when I can. The studs/nuts on my Stoptech brakes were a much better setup than these. I don't like frequently screwing and torquing steel bolts into aluminum if I can avoid it. With the calipers needing to be removed for pad changes buying the bolts could get unnecessarily expensive. This will become an issue with those tracking their cars. Another option is to drill the heads and safety wire them. I'm pretty sure this can be done.

IMG_7199_zpspunhjcoa.jpg
IMG_7209_zpsx1fieeyw.jpg
IMG_7210_zpsvtyo9yhx.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'd wager that you could replace the caliper bolts with studs that go into the knuckle, and have a crush washer & nut to hold the caliper on like the aftermarket brake kits.

TMO Supporting Vendors