The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's My RedPill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations Rick, it looks awesome!! I am guessing you have drove it home judging by the pics of it in the service bay and how nice the weather looks.

that red looks fantastic!
having seen a couple red ones at the historics and the track tour, I was really torn between my AG and the red. and I would have done just as you did...no stripes, no roof...just lots of red.

I disagree. If he was running white stripes the car would scream CHP.
I think he will somewhat blend in as best as Race Red can.

Have you gave her a name yet?
how about Rosie

My cop friends say the red myth is just that. They pull over speeders regardless of the color. One of my 911's was yellow and I did get a speeding ticket in it but it was a radar speed trap. Radar didn't pick up the fact that it was yellow. ;)

No name but here's my personal license plate.

Shot%202015-12-30%20at%2011.25.09%20AM_zpszoqjvrng.png

VoodooBOSS said:
My cop friends say the red myth is just that. They pull over speeders regardless of the color. One of my 911's was yellow and I did get a speeding ticket in it but it was a radar speed trap. Radar didn't pick up the fact that it was yellow. ;)

No name but here's my personal license plate.

Shot%202015-12-30%20at%2011.25.09%20AM_zpszoqjvrng.png

the classic black / yellow CA plates are, well, classic.

VoodooBOSS said:
I actually ordered it because I thought it would look better on my red car. ::)

BTW I checked and REDPILL and REDDPIL are not available in CA.

totally.

I just picked mine up from the dmv a couple days ago - black and yellow '350 R'

love it.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Very nice Rick and keep the pics coming.

I've seen some of your planned mod list here and there, but can you post a current list of what you have in mind to mod The Pill? Track wheels, tires and brake pads are a given, but what else do you have planned?

Good Luck, and enjoy your new ride,
Dave

302 Hi Pro said:
Very nice Rick and keep the pics coming.

I've seen some of your planned mod list here and there, but can you post a current list of what you have in mind to mod The Pill? Track wheels, tires and brake pads are a given, but what else do you have planned?

Good Luck, and enjoy your new ride,
Dave
As of right now I have an R steering wheel and red calipers along with MRT hood struts and an Auto-BLiP sitting here waiting to be installed. I also have some jacking rails in bound but I'm not going to mention the company. ::) I'm also having a guy make some stickers that cover the ginormous airbag stickers and hopefully they will have the new GT350 logo on them. For the track I'm also anxiously awaiting my N4SM R spec wheels and will mount the PSC2 tires from the R on them for the track. Also planned are Pagid track pads, a red Watson Racing roll bar, Mike's sub/harness bar which will mount red Schroth ProFi II belts. I have a SA2015 Bell K1 Pro helmet with the red circuit graphics on order. Oh and the windows get tinted tomorrow and clear bra on Monday and I should have my TRACKMustangsOnline.com stickers installed on Sunday. That should kill my budget for the month. :p I have new speakers and alcantara shift and brake boots planned but I'm in no hurry for them.

58789C30-09DB-4366-B002-9DDF80346A5D_zpsw6qdmq1l.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Rick:

Nice mod list. In general, the GT350 TP's are so far ahead of the Boss 302 for track day duty. It must be real nice not having to start off with the basics like drive shafts and control arms, etc.

Looking forward to your mod install pics. That red Brembo 6 pot looks so good, I would have had to buy 3 of them. One to leave on the coffee table for it's artistic value! Brembo Art, it would have gone nicely with Drew's Rotor Art.
Hahahaha.

302 Hi Pro

Thanks Bob!

Here's a few rants, raves and random thoughts I have on the car that I haven't seen already posted:

Raves:
I really like the wheels on the car. They look similar to the wheels on a McLaren P1 and have a nice modern look like the rest of the car.
The steering wheel and shift knob are also very nice. The wheel is smaller in diameter and fatter than the Boss and the shifter has a nice feel to it.
The gauges are very easy to read and a nice step forward. The rev light is pretty cool. I have mine set at 7,700 so I know I can over rev on track if needed.
At first I thought the black brushed metal panel on the dash looked kinda cheap. But after driving it around it looks cool and very business like.
The shifting right out of the box is way better than my Boss was with all the mods I had. I still see an MGW shifter in my future though.
I like not having a key.

Rants:
The seat is tight. While I'm tall I'm not that wide in the hips. I have a 36" waist. The bottom cushion is tight for me especially around the upper thigh.
I just can't win: With the Boss my right knee would hit the key. The 350 doesn't have a key but they put the steering column adjustment lever in a similar spot. I expect to have a bruised right knee cap after track days. ::)
If this is possible the stereo might sound worse than the Boss!
The center stack in the TP (and base car too) is very busy looking. Too bad as the rest of the interior looks very nice.
The metal strip by the inside door grab handles suck. They are big fingerprint magnets.
I've driven over 120 miles with no thumbs up from other drivers. In the Boss I had people following me home from the dealer! 8)
Why didn't Ford put a white stripe at the top of the steering wheel on non R cars? Come on guys...

Random:
Has anyone else noticed the clutch and brake pedals are angled out a bit from each other? Or are mine bent? LOL
The car feels a bit smaller inside. Maybe it's just the seats as I don't think it is smaller inside. Might also be the windows which seem a touch lower at the top.
You can feel vibration from the car as you rev through the gears. Surprisingly noticeable in the bottom seat cushion.
A little too much wind noise at the A pillars. I hope my drivers window seals tightly.
It sounds great and different than the Boss. I'm still not convinced it sounds better than the Boss with open side pipes. Instead of American Muscle think Exotic Muscle. I really liked the snap crackle pop on the Boss decel.
No doubt the S550 is more refined than the S197 which is good for the most part. Yet compared to the Boss the 350 is not as visceral of a driving experience to me.

2015-mclaren-p1-wheel.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors