The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJWANNABE said:
I like the stuff on Bob White's web site- I may pick up some stripes from them.
I was really impressed with his service. He responded right away to my emails then called me up to clarify what I wanted. The decals were shipped within 24 hours of ordering them. If you do order something, let him know how much I liked the ones he sent me. He has a 2012 Laguna Seca.

It looks fantastic!

ch-roll-bar-sneak-peek-forumrunner_20120312_193202.jpg

drano38

Wayne
Roll bars, CAI, wings, splitters, shifters, driveway Mustang lineups, looks like everyone's got some nice mods completed.

My to-do list is getting shorter.
Got the wheel studs put in a while back.
New brake fluid will go in this week.
Carbotech RP2/XP8 pads ready for track day.
Fire extinguisher bracket next week.
Strano adjustable front and rear bars went in over the last few days. Rear install is pretty easy. Front requires removing a couple plastic under pannels and an X brace. No major issues, just takes time. I've never changed a sway bar in my life and I figured it out, so even a caveman can do it.
I'll make a post later for installing the bars with some techniques I learned along the way.

20120310102633.jpg

drano38 said:
Roll bars, CAI, wings, splitters, shifters, driveway Mustang lineups, looks like everyone's got some nice mods completed.

New brake fluid will go in this week.
Carbotech RP2/XP8 pads ready for track day.
Fire extinguisher bracket next week.
Strano adjustable front and rear bars went in over the last few days. Rear install is pretty easy. Front requires removing a couple plastic under pannels and an X brace. No major issues, just takes time. I've never changed a sway bar in my life and I figured it out, so even a caveman can do it.
I'll make a post later for installing the bars with some techniques I learned along the way.

What studs did you use and how difficult was it? I have done stud conversions, but only on cars that came with lug bolts instead of nuts.

drano38

Wayne
CaliMR said:
drano38 said:

What studs did you use and how difficult was it? I have done stud conversions, but only on cars that came with lug bolts instead of nuts.

Back up to page 27 of this post:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/winter-mods/390/
FRPP/ARP from CJ Pony Parts and Gorilla lug nuts from Amazon.
I learned from what others had already done. If you have an air hammer, you can push them out with that too.
A member recommended putting grease between the washer and steel sleeve to reduce friction. Clean grease off the threads good to not mess up torque when installing the wheels.

I'm a little confused how you pulled the new ones in. Did you tighten the lug nut which pushed the sleeve which pushed the hub, thus "pulling" the lug? That is the only way I can think how all those parts would work together.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel