The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Hasn't arrived yet so still a surprise for her birthday. Got me a hug from my wife though who said last Friday " you should get an old car for Anne and you to work on together" so I did ;D
Plan on taking her to Skip Barber this summer so she learns car control and how to avoid accidents instead of surviving them. I think she'll be quicker than the old man in few years, I have to add more power to keep up!
Steve

drano38

Wayne
Cloud9, Big Blue and 2012YellowBoss cars are looking great!

My mod for today - ATE type 200 brake fluid. Pretty boring compared to what others have been doing.

But I also got NT-05s mounted onto the Enkei PF01 wheels--man, they look great. ;D

drano38 said:

My mod for today - ATE type 200 brake fluid. Pretty boring compared to what others have been doing.

But I also got NT-05s mounted onto the Enkei PF01 wheels--man, they look great. ;D
They look good now, but it's time to shred those new tires :D

drano38

Wayne
cloud9 said:
drano38 said:

MAM has their full schedule posted.
6 April Fast Friday opener.
20 Apr FF and 21, 22 Apr Find the Line would make a great 3 day trip!
Yep, time to tear up some tires.

drano38 said:
cloud9 said:
drano38 said:

MAM has their full schedule posted.
6 April Fast Friday opener.
20 Apr FF and 21, 22 Apr Find the Line would make a great 3 day trip!
Yep, time to tear up some tires.
Definitely planning on April 6th weather permitting. Will probably do the 21/22 FTL event too. Booked at BIR 5/4-5/6.

Thanks Wayne but I hear your Boss is coming along well. Besides all my stuff is homemade, my young neighbor says the Boss is held together with zip ties and tape. I guess it's better then spending 1400 on a hood ::) working on making a Tiger hood now out of hay and Elmers glue ;D

If I was making my own hood, it would be really crappy.

I would like a hood sort of like this, but the only way it would work is to remove the shroud, move the bottle and some other bits, and reroute the intake hose with a really sharp bend. Don't think it would be worth doing. Mostly see those on rear motor cars, but I have always liked how they look.

front_hood_type_r_im.jpg

drano38

Wayne
cloud9 said:
Definitely planning on April 6th weather permitting. Will probably do the 21/22 FTL event too. Booked at BIR 5/4-5/6.

I'll most likely join in for 6 Apr, and drive the Boss down.
Then take the trailer on its first run for the 21 Apr 3 day trip, and see how the '02 Dakota with a 4.7L can pull the Boss.

drano38 said:
cloud9 said:

I'll most likely join in for 6 Apr, and drive the Boss down.
Then take the trailer on its first run for the 21 Apr 3 day trip, and see how the '02 Dakota with a 4.7L can pull the Boss.
That sounds good. I heard that Chad put in a big suspension order so there's going to be another really fast black GT running around with us. He was already pretty fast in that thing stock.

So here's the list of things that are on the car and what's happening this week;

Aero
- World Challenge Splitter
- LS Rear Wing

Safety
- CoolTech Four Point
- Sparco EVO 2
- Schroth 6 point

Engine Longevity
- Boss 302S Grill & Grill Emblem
- CoolTech Thermosatically Controlled Oil Cooler
- Oil Temp Sender
- Aeroforce Gauge w/Roush Vent Mount

Misc
- FR Wheel Studs
- Good Ridge SS Brake Lines
- Multimatic Tow Hooks

Also it looks like I will also have the obligatory "FORD Racing" windshield banner and quarter window deacls, I don't want to feel left out..................... ;)

Boss_302 said:
So here's the list of things that are on the car and what's happening this week;

Aero
- World Challenge Splitter
- LS Rear Wing

Safety
- CoolTech Four Point
- Sparco EVO 2
- Schroth 6 point

Engine Longevity
- Boss 302S Grill & Grill Emblem
- CoolTech Thermosatically Controlled Oil Cooler
- Oil Temp Sender
- Aeroforce Gauge w/Roush Vent Mount

Misc
- FR Wheel Studs
- Good Ridge SS Brake Lines
- Multimatic Tow Hooks

Also it looks like I will also have the obligatory "FORD Racing" windshield banner and quarter window deacls, I don't want to feel left out..................... ;)
Wow it must look great! How would we know though without any pics!!?? ;D

What did you use for attachment points for your lap and sub-belts?

TMO Supporting Vendors