The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

18x10 +45 all around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itrack said:
Lol, I already know they'll be heavy. What are you thinking 25lbs?

Jake :)
18X10's...I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they weigh closer to 30.
FWIW, Enkie is pretty-much THE track wheel of choice for the typical track junkie, as they're forged, and weigh under 20lbs in 'normal' sizes. They're also not bad price-wise.. I got a quote for $1300 for a set of 18x9.5s.
Somebody mentioned Rotas....I actually HAVE seen two crack on the same car. Right in the center where the spokes meet the hub. The driver actually thought he heard one or both let go, so he pulled in, and bingo-boffo...Both wheels on the left side.. The car was an Evo, which was in full 'street' mode.. Around 3500lbs, all-wheel drive, and in my experience, more lateral grip than just about ANY other street car currently made.

2012YellowBoss said:
Here are these rims in a different color. They look nice but I may paint them matte black.
Wow you've got two sets of track wheels now? You've got the track disease really bad! ;)

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Enkei's are not forged. The racing series which is the only one you want is a good wheel and I run them on the M3 TT car. The only true forged Mustang wheels that I know of are CCW's which are machined out of a forged billet of Aluminum.

Peter

OLOABoss said:
Enkei's are not forged. The racing series which is the only one you want is a good wheel and I run them on the M3 TT car. The only true forged Mustang wheels that I know of are CCW's which are machined out of a forged billet of Aluminum.

Peter
These state they are forged.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
5 DOT 0 said:
OLOABoss said:

Peter
These state they are forged.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

So that makes 2 that are forged, if you want 19's. ;)

http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels.php for 18 or 19 talk to John and he will fix you up. The 18/11 I run on my GT3 weigh 21#'s.

Peter

Peter

yokev said:
itrack said:
Lol, I already know they'll be heavy. What are you thinking 25lbs?

Jake :)
18X10's...I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they weigh closer to 30.
FWIW, Enkie is pretty-much THE track wheel of choice for the typical track junkie, as they're forged, and weigh under 20lbs in 'normal' sizes. They're also not bad price-wise.. I got a quote for $1300 for a set of 18x9.5s.
Somebody mentioned Rotas....I actually HAVE seen two crack on the same car. Right in the center where the spokes meet the hub. The driver actually thought he heard one or both let go, so he pulled in, and bingo-boffo...Both wheels on the left side.. The car was an Evo, which was in full 'street' mode.. Around 3500lbs, all-wheel drive, and in my experience, more lateral grip than just about ANY other street car currently made.

At this point I could care less what they weigh. The 295's are more important time wise than the weight will ever be. Any wheel can break. Want me to post pics of broken Enkies for you? I'd rather keep this thread on these bargain 18x10's and how they fit. If you have relative info on 18x10 offsets, clearance, tire size, etc feel free to post up. Other than that I've been listening to the cheap track wheel haters for years and choose to ignore you and run them anyways with no problems.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Jake,

The 18x9.5s with 45mm offset have about 1/2" of room between the body of the strut and the rim. Plenty of room in the rear inboard and out. About 2" of room between the front spring perch bottom and the tires in front (285x35). In thinking you may need a small spacer in front...maybe 5-10 mm. Rear should be fine and the tires should be no issue at stock ride height.

itrack said:
At this point I could care less what they weigh. The 295's are more important time wise than the weight will ever be.
I finally ran my Laguna Seca wheels with the R6s this weekend. I was leery of the 31 lb weight versus my Enkeis. I still ran 2 seconds faster on the LS wheels than on my 20lb Enkeis with Nitto 555RIIs. I have a 295/30/19 mounted on the 19 x 10 rears. If you're interested in running a 19, I could try test fitting the rear up front. I'm running staggered with the 19 x 9 up front with a 265/35/19 R6.

Tracking says they will be here Wednesday so I will find out real soon. I think JS is correct on the small spacer to clear the front 18x10. Cloud9, what offset is your rear 10?

itrack said:
Tracking says they will be here Wednesday so I will find out real soon. I think JS is correct on the small spacer to clear the front 18x10. Cloud9, what offset is your rear 10?

Wheel Information

Size: 19" x 10"
Lugs: 5-Lug
Finish: Machined/Gloss Black
Backspacing: 7.38"
Offset: 47.5mm
Center Cap:Included

cloud9 said:
If you're interested in running a 19, I could try test fitting the rear up front. I'm running staggered with the 19 x 9 up front with a 265/35/19 R6.
Gary, I am pretty sure they will not fit the front but would like to know if you try them.

Just got them mounted up. They need a 7/16ths spacer in the front to clear. They look real nice and I'll post pictures tonight.

Studs have 8-9 threads left after spacer and if you look inside the lug nut thats about all thats in there and the rest is hollowed out. I will probably throw a long stud kit on the front as soon as I order some open ended race lugs.

Here are the pics

Ended up getting a set of these

M-1007-DC1895 05-12 SVT 18"X9.5" WHEEL / http://www.trueblueracingparts.com/05-12-SVT-18X95-WHEEL_p_111.html

It is the Ford Racing wheel, now I have what I wanted, a set of 10's and 9 1/2's. Have not tracked them yet but mounted a set of 275/40's on them - heat cycled ready to go. They look a little different but you need to study them close to really see the differences.

Went down to a solid 1 piece 3/8's space and they fit great with about the same gap from caliper to wheel as stock(not much).

itrack said:
Went down to a solid 1 piece 3/8's space and they fit great with about the same gap from caliper to wheel as stock(not much).

Have you tracked it yet? I just do not want to mess with spacers (personal - nothing against what you did) but would still like to know how it worked. I do not plan to run more then 275's up front so the 9.5 fits well. The link I posted was where I bought them for $144 shipped. If anyone is interested you could always ask for that price. The rears cost me $95 plus shipping from Cruising Concepts so the cost for this setup was nice. I took a can of black paint to them and they look fine on the Boss for track days.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel