• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
jmbboss302 said:
ace72ace said:
ace72ace said:
jmbboss302 said:
ace72ace said:
VIN 1ZVBP8CU2D5235104

Any new updates since the June 20th move? Thanks, Mark.

As of today's update, it's now at the Michigan Assembly Plant rail yard:

In Transit - Received - Map/west/z (Voith Industrial Services Inc ) - Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI - Jun-25-2012, 07:30 ET - ETA, Jun-23-2012

Hi Mark, can you check and see if this finally shipped via Norfolk Southern? I'm going by the timeline/template that Jeff with the PW Boss purchased in MA provided me. If the timing is the same, it should start the journey today, and arrive next Sunday/Monday at the rail yard in Ayer, MA. Thanks.

Hey Mark, did my Boss catch the train today? Thanks.

Still at MAP.

Did I get off the 'MAP' ???

Gimme the good news Mark!

dgc76

Life is good
jmbboss302 said:
dgc76 said:
Mark,

Sorry to bother you so much, but after 5 weeks today sitting at Ramp 51, I hoped it might have got loaded. 1ZVBP8CUXD5228658. Thanks

As of the June 20th update:

In Transit - Received - 00 Mf06 (Allied Systems Ltd ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Jun-20-2012, 11:18 ET - ETA, Jun-01-2012

Mark:

Working 6 weeks since build. Any movement yet? Thanks

ace72ace said:
jmbboss302 said:
ace72ace said:
ace72ace said:
jmbboss302 said:
ace72ace said:
VIN 1ZVBP8CU2D5235104

Any new updates since the June 20th move? Thanks, Mark.

As of today's update, it's now at the Michigan Assembly Plant rail yard:

In Transit - Received - Map/west/z (Voith Industrial Services Inc ) - Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI - Jun-25-2012, 07:30 ET - ETA, Jun-23-2012

Hi Mark, can you check and see if this finally shipped via Norfolk Southern? I'm going by the timeline/template that Jeff with the PW Boss purchased in MA provided me. If the timing is the same, it should start the journey today, and arrive next Sunday/Monday at the rail yard in Ayer, MA. Thanks.

Hey Mark, did my Boss catch the train today? Thanks.

Still at MAP.

Did I get off the 'MAP' ???

Gimme the good news Mark!

whats the MAP

ace72ace

That's my guess. If you look at a google earth satellite overlay of the plant at Flat Rock you can see 2 huge lots that are connected to rail lines. As there is cold war era commie conspiracy lack of real information, we can only guess what is what until we actually get a Rail car shipment number.

ace72ace - Railcar # ETTX851662 (Norfolk Southern Corp ).

As of todays's update:

In Transit - Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) - Tolairlin, OH - Jun-29-2012, 06:09 ET - ETA, Jul-11-2012

dgc76 said:
jmbboss302 said:
dgc76 said:
Mark,

Sorry to bother you so much, but after 5 weeks today sitting at Ramp 51, I hoped it might have got loaded. 1ZVBP8CUXD5228658. Thanks

As of the June 20th update:

In Transit - Received - 00 Mf06 (Allied Systems Ltd ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Jun-20-2012, 11:18 ET - ETA, Jun-01-2012

Mark:

Working 6 weeks since build. Any movement yet? Thanks

No change yet, Still at Ramp 51.

gremlinsteve - MAP is Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan. That's the plant that assembles the Ford Focus. Some Mustangs are shipped by rail out of Flat Rock, some are shipped by rail out of New Boston, and some are shipped by rail out of MAP.

As of the June 27th update:

In Transit - Received - Map/jct/d6 (Voith Industrial Services Inc ) - Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI - Jun-26-2012, 06:28 ET - ETA, Jul-04-2012

ace72ace

jmbboss302 said:
ace72ace - Railcar # ETTX851662 (Norfolk Southern Corp ).

As of todays's update:

In Transit - Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) - Tolairlin, OH - Jun-29-2012, 06:09 ET - ETA, Jul-11-2012

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks MARK!!!

Hi mark,

Today was the scheduled build day. Can we check and see what the status is?

Dealer Code: CB8425
Order Number: P015

VIN 1ZVBP8CU9D5242518

Thanks
Ralph

Hey Mark,

My dealer called yesterday afternoon and said the car was on a train passing through Wyoming. Could they have access to more updated info?

1ZVBP8CUXD5236386

Thank you!

I ordered a 13 SBY LS on 02 MAY 12. It has been on hold awaiting allocation. Yesterday my salesman told me their Regional Rep told them my order would not be allocated until they either sell the Black LS the dealer already has or at the end of the third quarter.

I'm starting to wonder if I should look at other options...

Dealer: F52056
Order: 2744

RoushF150 said:
Hi mark,

Today was the scheduled build day. Can we check and see what the status is?

Dealer Code: CB8425
Order Number: P015

VIN 1ZVBP8CU9D5242518

Thanks
Ralph

Well, it was built yesterday. Now let's hope it doesn't stay at Ramp 51 as long as your other Boss did! As of today's update:

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Jun-29-2012, 06:00 ET - ETA, Jul-11-2012

RJ said:
Hey Mark,

My dealer called yesterday afternoon and said the car was on a train passing through Wyoming. Could they have access to more updated info?

1ZVBP8CUXD5236386

Thank you!

This is what I'm seeing:

In Transit - Received - C24 (Autoport Limited ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Jun-28-2012, 19:39 ET - ETA, Jul-04-2012

CobraR77 said:
I ordered a 13 SBY LS on 02 MAY 12. It has been on hold awaiting allocation. Yesterday my salesman told me their Regional Rep told them my order would not be allocated until they either sell the Black LS the dealer already has or at the end of the third quarter.

I'm starting to wonder if I should look at other options...

Dealer: F52056
Order: 2744

From what I understand, allocations are based on the previous model year sales. Your Boss is probably a 3rd quarter allocation.

As of the June 27th update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Material Hold - May-07-2012, 17:04 EDT

ace72ace

Thanks for providing the rail car # Mark. I called Norfolk Southern customer service, made the right menu selection on the automated phone system, and was routed to a rather surprised employee... He was like 'who is this?' when I asked if he could track my rail shipment... When I told him that I had ordered a vehicle shipped on their line, I was looking for an ETA. He just sighed and asked me if I had a rail car number? I wondered if the thought I was just some nutjob that found their phone number (well he got that part right =p ), and if I was going to ask a lot of stupid questions w/o knowing the rail car number. After I gave it to him, 5 seconds later I had my ETA of July 4th. Do you know when my car was 1st loaded on a train? With no delays it only takes about 6 day for the trip.

I'm only curious about the exact day because I can delay my vacation, as I was planning on taking all next week off to take care of the car stuff. If it doesn't get delivered to the dealer until after the 4th, I can work next Mon & Tues, and have the rest of the week off plus the following Mon & Tues. I only called them because that last rail update you provide is another location that exists inside the rail road system computer. "Tolairlin, OH" does not exist on any map that I can find.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to ask for another update in the hope of a real location, like Mechanicville, Buffalo, etc. Depending on where it is by Sunday, that should give me a good idea when it will hit Ayer, MA, and then an extra day or so to get loaded on a truck. I know some people have had their cars sit at rail heads waiting for a truck to make the last leg, and who knows if the July 4th holiday will lead to shortage of drivers?

Thanks for taking to the time to do this for all of us Mark, it really helps me out trying to plan my vacation days and personal schedule to get this done.

I would delay vaca. there are at least 2 stops at sort facilities on the way where cars come off the train.

edit: OH
ohio.jpg
and NY
bossinNY.jpg

ace72ace

Hey Jeff, thanks for the heads up. It would be fine for the car to show up on the 4th, so we could get all the paperwork and other stuff out out of the way and then take delivery on the 5th. That would be great to give me 5 days to start working on it before I have to get back to work. Maybe my luck will hold and it will make a super fast trip on the train as yours did. I think yours was only 6 days? So if my rail journey started late on June 27, it's possible I could get it before the 4th. If not, then after the holiday. Either way, it's a helluva lot closer to delivery than a lot of other folks here, so I'll be happy whenever it arrives. ;D

Mark,
My dealer said my ETA was bumped up. Can you verify this for me. I am probably the only person here hoping at this point that I don't get it early. I still have to sell my 06 GT and I will be in Florida next week and gone to Cali for 3 weeks in late July.

VIN 1ZVBP8CU9D5240719

Thanks Mark, Mike

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel