The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmbboss302 said:
ctboss said:
mark, that last post was in error

any updates?

thank you

It's on the move. As of today's update:

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX903535 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) - Ramp 4G, Mi

Assebly Plnt, MI - Aug-17-2012, 05:00 ET - ETA, Aug-28-2012

Mark, any ETA updates!
Thanks

shlby500 said:
requesting info on production of vin 1ZVBP8CUXD5244617 for highland park ford. thanks for any info

As of the August 4th update, this Boss was delivered to the dealer on July 31st:

Delivered - Final Delivered (United Road Service ) - F41071 - Highland Park Ford Lincoln Highland Park, IL - Jul-31-2012, 08:00 CT

ctboss - 1ZVBP8CU9D5246908. As of the August 24th update:

In Transit - Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 76123 (Allied Systems Ltd ) - Ramp 41, Newark, NJ Aug-24-2012, 10:00 ET - ETA, Aug-28-2012

It may be at the dealer already.

JohnW#88 - As of the August 24th update:

In Transit - Received - Obob8081 (Csx Transportation ) - Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI - Aug-23-2012, 01:29 ET - ETA, Sep-02-2012

jmbboss302 said:
13SBY - No, I'm not off. I don't work at AAI. Even if I was, I can look it up anytime, anywhere. As of the August 21st update:

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Aug-20-2012, 16:00 ET - ETA, Sep-06-2012

Mark, any movement on the railcar yet?

Richard SBY13

13SBY said:
jmbboss302 said:
13SBY - No, I'm not off. I don't work at AAI. Even if I was, I can look it up anytime, anywhere. As of the August 21st update:

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Aug-20-2012, 16:00 ET - ETA, Sep-06-2012

Mark, any movement on the railcar yet?

Richard SBY13

As of today's update:

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX700719 (Canadian National Railways ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Aug-25-2012, 18:00 ET - ETA, Sep-06-2012

Just out of curiosity, how many others on here are waiting for cars with build dates in August?

I was told by Ford Customer Service that my car, released to shipping Aug 2, was sent back to the plant Aug 7, and released again Aug 23 (where it still sits at Ramp 51). Story I got was that all the cars off the line were stopped for a quality issue regarding power seats. Only problem is, my car has manual Recaros. Per Ford rep I talked to, that didn't matter, ALL cars off that line that hadn't departed yet were recycled. My salesman is trying to fight the fight for me to get the car expedited.

I know of at least 2 others on another forum in the same boat with me, and get the impression that quite a few guys on here are waiting on their cars as well. I'm hoping to be able to prove to Ford that they've got a significant number of their most loyal customers who are quite unhappy with the unexplainable shipping delays, and that some intervention on Ford's part to expedite this shipping backlog might go a long way toward proving that they are in fact interested in superior customer satisfaction (to the point of taking action, rather than just taking surveys).

To that end, I'd ask for anyone else in shipping limbo post a reply.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Greg, have faith!

My build date was Aug 17 and ETA was Sept 6th....it showed up yesterday a week and a day prior to info from Ford.

A big thank you and shout out to Mark on this forum for all of the updates!!!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I went on tour of the plant recently and the RE (resident engineer) was very vocal about Quality and the processes the cars go through before being released. If it isn't right, it isn't shipping. I was very impressed.

Brian

I'm familiar with Ford's quality processes, and expect nothing less than them not shipping a product that they suspect has a quality issue. My beef is with their supply chain.

First, their quality quarantine appears to be so crude that they quarantine cars that don't have the defective part/system installed, which should be an easy filter to run, given that it's a listed option (manual seats vs. power). I can't use that crude of a process to put quality holds on materials in my company's supply chain, we have to be more precise to limit the disruption to only those parts/systems actually affected by the defect.

Second, their reluctance to do anything more than continuously repeat a status that appears on a screen, rather than actively researching the problem, while the relentlessly bombard us with statements about their desire to continuously improve their customer service and satisfaction, leads me doubt their commitment. I manage a very complex supply chain, one where my customers don't have the option to switch to another supplier, and this level of service and visibility would be totally unacceptable to my bosses and my customers (meaning my job would be in jeopardy--but I'd never have let it get there, because I realize the importance of visibility to my customers).

Finally, I've been advised of other folks (such as 13sby above, for one) whose cars were completed after mine, and already delivered. That would indicate to me that either a) they're using a LIFO management process in their yard, which is ONLY useful for yard employees, and certainly is NOT customer friendly, or b) somehow my car has slipped out of the process flow, which can happen in complex supply chains such as Ford's. When it happens, unless someone is proactive in LOOKING for updates and researching errors, these errors can progress for inordinately long periods of time before being resolved. I'm rather annoyed that I see no indications of anyone actively verifying that the car is in process and flowing, nor do they seem to be concerned about it. "That's the status, and that's all we know, and you won't be able to find out anything more until we get a staus update, when something changes, which we don't know when it will happen," wasn't acceptable when I was 7 and ordering toys off the back of my Frosted Flakes box, where I had to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. That was the 1970s, it was a cheap plastic toy that I payed 8 box tops for, and we didn't know any better. I expect better 40 years later.

litsnsirn said:
Hi Mark,
Another couple of weeks, did they ever schedule this yet?
Dealer Code: F53031
Order Number:1003
Thanks,
Jason

As of the July 20th update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Material Hold - Feb-11-2012, 14:00 EST

Ford is running out of time for this to be a Q3 car... Maybe they want me to go get a used C6 Z06 and put some money in my pocket instead.

jmbboss302 said:
litsnsirn said:
Hi Mark,
Another couple of weeks, did they ever schedule this yet?
Dealer Code: F53031
Order Number:1003
Thanks,
Jason

As of the July 20th update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Material Hold - Feb-11-2012, 14:00 EST

This thread is now a sticky until 2013 production ends.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel