The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmbboss302 said:
hdw54 said:
please will you check my numbers?

order # 0007 dealer # 47w314

vin# 1zvbp8cv4d5210883 thank you very much hdw54

This is your VIN - 1ZVBP8CU4D5210883.

As of this morning, your car has a "Scheduled to Week" of May 14th.

my birthday week. I wish this was my car.

hdw54 said:

vin# 1ZVBP8CU4D5210883 SORRY FOR THE TYPE O , SO IT SEEMS I HAVE BEEN BUMP A FEW TIMES CAN YOU TELL ME THE HISTORY AND MAYBE WHAT IS GOING ON THANKS AGAIN HDW54

jmbboss302

I don't have a 13 on order but know what it is like waiting. I want to thank you for spending your time to help out the site members. It is people like you that makes us come back to buy another Ford. :bigthumbsup:

jmbboss302 said:
privera302 said:
Good afternoon JMB. When possible, pls check the status of my 2013 GB Boss. It was ordered with all options including the mats & car cover. The dealer code is F-24214 and the order number: R111 .From conversations with the sales manager, they had five allocations for Mustangs to be built this week and supposedly one s/be my car. Thanks again for your effort in providing us with this information.

Regards, Pedro.

As of the March 20th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold". If your car was to be built this week, it would of had a VIN assigned to it already. VIN's are assigned to the car several weeks before it's built.

Good evening JMB and thanks again for your updates. When you say "as of the March 20th update" do you mean that the last update posted to my particular order was on March 20th? I'm just curious as to how often Ford updates their order/production system. In another post you mention that VIN #'s are assigned on Thursdays. If that's the case, could you please check again tomorrow for me. I wish I could get a straight answer from the local dealership I'm buying from. I certainly share the pain of all who are waiting for their cars to be built :'(

Thanks, Pedro
Orlando, FL

hdw54 said:
hdw54 said:

vin# 1ZVBP8CU4D5210883 SORRY FOR THE TYPE O , SO IT SEEMS I HAVE BEEN BUMP A FEW TIMES CAN YOU TELL ME THE HISTORY AND MAYBE WHAT IS GOING ON THANKS AGAIN HDW54

What I look at doesn't tell me why things have changed, it just tracks the history of the vehicle. I don't know why it's been resheduled. Most likely material (parts) related. The build date is assigned so the plant knows what materials are needed to build the car. Example, if a part is not available for a scheduled build date, then they will reschedule the car when the part is available.

JMB updates are awesome, thank you. I've been holding out as long as possible as I pretty sure my status is still nothing but if you get a second can you check:

Dealer = F11215
Order = 0706

seeing scheduled dates out into May gives me hope I might see a VIN soon. Until I see a VIN I pretty much take everything my dealer says as a lie. (they are a horrible dealer)

Evidently there are, according to some of those posting, some dealers who are not communicating with their customers fully or the customers (car buyers/posters) do not aggressively ask the right questions or do not ask at all. I believe I have a helpful and communicative dealer.

The DORA for my SBY Boss 302 was issued on 1/18/2012. I recently asked my dealer salesperson for an update. I was informed today that they had a red boss ordered (before mine) that "was built on Feb 23rd (time frame) and is scheduled for release at the end of April. It is on hold for a supplier/part issue on the front fascia".

Although I have not yet received a VIN for my SBY, my dealer is "hopeful" that my vehicle will have "some movement next month". So far, my expectations are in sync with the progress.

Bossfan said:
Evidently there are, according to some of those posting, some dealers who are not communicating with their customers fully or the customers (car buyers/posters) do not aggressively ask the right questions or do not ask at all. I believe I have a helpful and communicative dealer.

The DORA for my SBY Boss 302 was issued on 1/18/2012. I recently asked my dealer salesperson for an update. I was informed today that they had a red boss ordered (before mine) that "was built on Feb 23rd (time frame) and is scheduled for release at the end of April. It is on hold for a supplier/part issue on the front fascia".

Although I have not yet received a VIN for my SBY, my dealer is "hopeful" that my vehicle will have "some movement next month". So far, my expectations are in sync with the progress.

So, you are saying that the reason Boss's are not shipping is due to a part shortage and they will not start to arrive until May? This is devastating news.

I just don't trust my dealer. They said Q2 build but have a horrible reputation. I bought from them because 90% of the dealers in the area are owned by the same guy, Herb Chambers. I have a good working relationship with the Mercedes dealer who set me up with the Ford guys but they are horrible.

askjeffro said:
Bossfan said:

So, you are saying that the reason Boss's are not shipping is due to a part shortage and they will not start to arrive until May? This is devastating news.
I am just writing about what MY dealer told me and as to what applies to what the dealer is told about the specific red car mentioned. Keep in mind that MY car was ordered AFTER the red car was ordered.

Righto. If that car is being held for a part issue, it certainly suggests all cars are having this issue. Except for a few (2) to dealers that I'm aware of, no Bosses have been shipped yet, and its been a month since they started production. Sad. :(

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
My brother is a general manager at a Ford dealer here in the Detroit area and the factory rep was in today. He asked him what the delay was and was told for a quality check for hood stripes and to expect my car (that was built Feb 29) at the end of April. :'(
Brian

Any updates on this one 1zvbp8cu9d5211057 I Can't get a window sticker to come up so wondering if this one was put on hold past the April 2 build date originally given? Thanks for the help

After JMBBoss302 was so kind to advise me of the significant push from an original build week of March 26 to May 21, I called and questioned my dealer (because Ford Customer Service is clueless). The dealer contacted the regional rep who informed my dealer the hold up is a supplier problem with the stripes. According to the rep, none are being released until this issue is solved.

Would be great to learn if someone takes delivery of a '13 anytime soon.

Keep the great information flowing!

It would be interesting to know whether the few Boss 302s that were released have a problem with their stripes. I can't see some being OK while most are being held back. Perhaps the problem was not caught until after a couple were shipped.

privera302 said:
jmbboss302 said:
privera302 said:
Good afternoon JMB. When possible, pls check the status of my 2013 GB Boss. It was ordered with all options including the mats & car cover. The dealer code is F-24214 and the order number: R111 .From conversations with the sales manager, they had five allocations for Mustangs to be built this week and supposedly one s/be my car. Thanks again for your effort in providing us with this information.

Regards, Pedro.

As of the March 20th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold". If your car was to be built this week, it would of had a VIN assigned to it already. VIN's are assigned to the car several weeks before it's built.

Good evening JMB and thanks again for your updates. When you say "as of the March 20th update" do you mean that the last update posted to my particular order was on March 20th? I'm just curious as to how often Ford updates their order/production system. In another post you mention that VIN #'s are assigned on Thursdays. If that's the case, could you please check again tomorrow for me. I wish I could get a straight answer from the local dealership I'm buying from. I certainly share the pain of all who are waiting for their cars to be built :'(

Thanks, Pedro
Orlando, FL

The update I refer to is the "Order Change History". This is where the order is amended, body color changes, options, production coding, etc. Your car is still "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold".

Jeff said:
JMB updates are awesome, thank you. I've been holding out as long as possible as I pretty sure my status is still nothing but if you get a second can you check:

Dealer = F11215
Order = 0706

seeing scheduled dates out into May gives me hope I might see a VIN soon. Until I see a VIN I pretty much take everything my dealer says as a lie. (they are a horrible dealer)

As of the March 26th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Clean".

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel