The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 LX 5.0 said:
That was fast ! Again thank you for checking. I will do my best to try and wait more than 10 days before I even think about bothering you for another update. Just kind of excited, 1st new car in 19 yrs and it's a BOSS *\o/*.

Frank
You picked a winner for your first new car in almost two decades. You're going to love it.

427mustang said:
CHRIS FORD PERFORMANCE BOYS MAY BE WRIGHT AFTER ALL,CONCERNING PRODUCTION START UP ON THE LS CAR 2013.ANY WORD ON LAST INGOT SILVER 2012 LS YET? GARY

Gary, I have not found any additional 2012's. I feel reasonably confident that yours is in fact the last one. You should know that I am currently adding to my list the pre-production cars that have been released. At some point I will need to reconcile my numbers with Ford's for this reason.

my dealer has been pretty usless for updates don't really expect a VIN yet but could you chech status if you have a second?

Dealer = F11215
Order = 0706

strange my order number is the last 4 digits of my cell phone, this car really is for me. ;D

RoushF150 said:
Thanks JMB. Has the status changed now that another work day has past?

1ZVBP8CU1D5201686

Typically it will take 2-3 work days from the beginning of the body shop until the car is complete. After that the car will need about another week to go through the vehicle personalization center to get the stripes done and the side pipes installed. In my case it took three trips to the center as not all the parts were available the first time around. In parallel, there may be some QC checks or issues to resolve before the car is released for shipment.

The ONLY information that guarantees the car is on its way is when it is assigned a truck or rail car number. Before then, any transit messages may only mean the car is being shuttled around the parking lot.
Once the car is shipped there can be delays along the way, the car may also wait for some time at its destination before the transport picks it up to bring to the dealer.

My car was a later build, so it wasn't subject to QC delays, but it still took 10 days in Area 51, and then another 5 days to leave the plant once released.

Jeff said:
my dealer has been pretty usless for updates don't really expect a VIN yet but could you chech status if you have a second?

Dealer = F11215
Order = 0706

strange my order number is the last 4 digits of my cell phone, this car really is for me. ;D

As of March 5th, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Clean".

I believe the dealer can made the order number anything they want. Some even have letters in them.

thank you.

and no kidding they probably just matched it to my phone number. I thought that was odd when I looked at the DORA. I feel less special now.

Hi Guys. I am new at this blog deal...i was in the flat rock factory on thursday to see my 2013 boss coming through the 24 hour build process. All 2013 mustangs were being fenced..meaning that they have a few more tests before they can be released. The tour was awesome. Great colors coming down line. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel