The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roketman said:
Well today was my lucky day !!! Got VIN!!!!
yee ha!
Congratulations. The SBY with the reflective stripes looks fantastic!

I'm new to the forum and Mustang world so hello!!. Just ordered 2013 Boss in Grabber Blue w/Recaro package. Was lucky enough to grab dealer's one Boss allocation for the year and change order to my specs. No vin. yet but dealer indicated expected delivery in April/May. Coming out of a Lexus IS-F, great car w/good power but heavy with lots of understeer at limit. Paddle shift was also not for me. Already losing sleep over the wait!!!! Cheers :)

geneva said:
I'm new to the forum and Mustang world so hello!!. Just ordered 2013 Boss in Grabber Blue w/Recaro package. Was lucky enough to grab dealer's one Boss allocation for the year and change order to my specs. No vin. yet but dealer indicated expected delivery in April/May. Coming out of a Lexus IS-F, great car w/good power but heavy with lots of understeer at limit. Paddle shift was also not for me. Already losing sleep over the wait!!!! Cheers :)

Welcome to the forum geneva and congratulations on your choice of car and color. The anticipation will only gets worse as your car goes through the process of build and delivery. You may not be sleeping at all by May. Hang in there!

So I was just told by the dealer that my car is finished "decaling", has been returned to plant and is awaiting shipment. Apparently, after your car is built and is released from the plant the process is not quite complete. I thought released from plant meant it had its stripes already. If my dealer is wrong about this please let me know.

That is correct some Boss parts are added after the plant is done and the best part is when it sits at area 51. A loading dock for an undetermined time before it is shipped out

Yeah Kato, you may be waiting weeks before it ships. The good news for you (I think) is you may have the #1 car, in that case the waiting may be worth it. BTW, in that situation you may want to explore reselling the car...

5 DOT 0 said:
askjeffro said:
Yeah Kato, you may be waiting weeks before it ships. The good news for you (I think) is you may have the #1 car, in that case the waiting may be worth it. BTW, in that situation you may want to explore reselling the car...
+1 without hesitation. ;D
Keep the car.

PTRocks said:
roketman said:
Well today was my lucky day !!! Got VIN!!!! # 0031
yee ha!

Great stuff!! I am pretty sure that you will have LS031. The first 50 cars haven't been built, and there are still no LSes...

I'm confused, you keep saying this but there is a picture of a LS in the holding area at the plant. Is that a show car or something?
ang-order-guides-including-gt500-price-lists-2013s.jpg

askjeffro said:
PTRocks said:
roketman said:
yee ha!

Great stuff!! I am pretty sure that you will have LS031. The first 50 cars haven't been built, and there are still no LSes...

I'm confused, you keep saying this but there is a picture of a LS in the holding area at the plant. Is that a how car or something?
you're seeing things :)

BLAZN BOSS

Big Vito said:
askjeffro said:
PTRocks said:
roketman said:
yee ha!

I'm confused, you keep saying this but there is a picture of a LS in the holding area at the plant. Is that a how car or something?
If thats gotta have it green ............I aint gotta have it...BLEACH

BLAZN BOSS said:
Big Vito said:
askjeffro said:
PTRocks said:
roketman said:
yee ha!

If thats gotta have it green ............I aint gotta have it...BLEACH

Hey, Jeff, where did you get that picture? Do you know when it was taken? I see a GB Boss in the background without its stripes and I think I see a SBY Boss way in the background but I can't tell if it is an LS or not.
As far as #0001 goes I find it easier to convince myself there is no chance of that happening (I actually believe that). If I even thought there was a chance I don't think I would be sleeping until it arrived.

askjeffro said:
PTRocks said:
roketman said:
yee ha!

Check out the weather, I don't think that's what the plant looks like this week.

I would like to know that myself. After seeing this pic, I've double checked what I have thus far, and I don't have any LSes.

As far as the weather goes, I live about 1 mile north of AAI, and that's what it has looked like around here this past week. Driving past the plant on I-75 earlier this past week, I've spotted some green mustangs in the parking lot in front of AAI. This looks like that parking lot.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel