The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992chpb4c said:
JMBBOSS302, did the status change on 1ZVBP8CU2D5202586 by chance?

As of the March 17th update, it's still at Ramp 51:

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Mar-10-2012, 08:15 ET

From my understanding, when the car is "returned to plant" it is likely heading to the Vehicle Personalization Center. My car was produced on May 19th. It was returned to plant on the 22nd for striping, then again on the 26th for the side exhaust, splitter, and believe it or not, the strut adjuster rubber caps. I know this from a work order sheet that came with the car. Other than that work, there will likely be little movement for anyone until the stripe adhesion issue is fixed. As far as I know, no Bosses were built this week. The fact that production dates have been moved back by a month supports that.

It is a safe bet that no one's status will change for a while

It is going to take some time to sort out the stripe issue. Until then, I don't expect any cars to be coming off of Ramp 51.

If they didn't stop production, they would have had to add a "Ramp 52" for all the cars piling up. I feel for the guys that have their cars built already & have to wait for the stripe issue to be resolved. That would kill me, especially, with the warmer weather starting to appear.

Hello jimbboss302, sorry to be a thorn in the side, but I feel I'm getting closer with a build date of mar 9th. If you get the time would you please ck for me # 1ZVBP8Cu2D5202281

thanks for your patience.

john

killerwill13 said:
JMBBOSS, can you give me an update on 1ZVBP8CU3D5210695. Thanks

As of the March 28th update:

Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of May-14-2012) - Autoalliance International Inc, MI - Mar-27-2012

hotstart302 said:
Hello jimbboss302, sorry to be a thorn in the side, but I feel I'm getting closer with a build date of mar 9th. If you get the time would you please ck for me # 1ZVBP8Cu2D5202281

thanks for your patience.

john

As of the March 17th update:

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Mar-13-2012, 13:30 ET

I talked to someone from AAI today about the "hold" on shipping the Boss's. I know that it been said thru other sources that 14 Boss's were released already, but I was told only 6 Boss's got shipped before they discovered the stripe/fascia problem. The issue is the new stripes for 2013 will not adhear to the front fascia. They are not the same type of stripes that are used on the GT500 fascias. Everywhere else on the car (on metal) is ok. That explains the picture I took Sunday of the white Boss with no stripes on the fascia. They are still working on resolving the problem. That's why none are getting shipped right now, and why build dates have been pushed back. Hang in there guys!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
The stripes are going on a painted surface. My guess is that it has something to do with temperature during the application process. Metal and plastic at different temps cause the stripes to bubble when the temps change and the expansion rates are different for plastic versus the metal. They'll figure it out. The GHIG Boss running around has its stripes on okay.

Brian

batman48195 said:
The stripes are going on a painted surface. My guess is that it has something to do with temperature during the application process. Metal and plastic at different temps cause the stripes to bubble when the temps change and the expansion rates are different for plastic versus the metal. They'll figure it out. The GHIG Boss running around has its stripes on okay.

Brian

The problem is, it's the type of paint mix that's used on the fascia (plastic) that differs from the paint mix that's used on the metal, and it's causing the new reflective stripes to bubble up on the fascia. I looked that GHIG Boss two weeks ago, and did not notice a problem with the stripes. And you are correct, they'll figure it out.

Be patient everyone, we are all in the same boat. I would rather receive it right than have issues that a "dealer" will have to take care of. I ordered mine on January 4th. and have no idea when I will be getting it. I just hope snow tires fit on it so I can take it around Watkins Glen this winter after I get it. I'm glad I have a 70 Mach 1 to drive this summer.

Rod

jmbboss302 said:
batman48195 said:

Brian

The problem is, it's the type of paint mix that's used on the fascia (plastic) that differs from the paint mix that's used on the metal, and it's causing the new reflective stripes to bubble up on the fascia. I looked that GHIG Boss two weeks ago, and did not notice a problem with the stripes. And you are correct, they'll figure it out.

That's exactly the issue I have. The rest of the tripes are perfect except this VERY small section.

is there someone to talk to about going to the factory when my is being built, for a tour? My dealer doesn't seem to know much about anything. thought it would be a cool experience

bkaser90 said:
is there someone to talk to about going to the factory when my is being built, for a tour? My dealer doesn't seem to know much about anything. thought it would be a cool experience

AAI is not open to the public for tours. Only the Dearborn Truck Plant has tours. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you really need to know somebody to get in. Even for me, a Ford employee, it would be difficult to get in. The closest I got to the assembly plant was going in the old Michigan Casting Center building. That's the building that is just south of the assembly plant, and has the Mustang painted on the side facing I-75.

jmbboss302 said:
I talked to someone from AAI today about the "hold" on shipping the Boss's. I know that it been said thru other sources that 14 Boss's were released already, but I was told only 6 Boss's got shipped before they discovered the stripe/fascia problem. The issue is the new stripes for 2013 will not adhear to the front fascia. They are not the same type of stripes that are used on the GT500 fascias. Everywhere else on the car (on metal) is ok. That explains the picture I took Sunday of the white Boss with no stripes on the fascia. They are still working on resolving the problem. That's why none are getting shipped right now, and why build dates have been pushed back. Hang in there guys!

While certainly not the news I wanted to hear, thanks for taking the time to keep us posted!!

I feel for you guys ! I waited 210 days to get mine here in Canada because it was a lottery Dealer win.ordered May 25 2011 and received Dec 20 2011 just in time to go right into storage. Now thats its out , It was really worth waiting for :) I'm trilled with it, it wil come

Well, if 440 have been made so far and each one goes for an average of 45k, that is $19,800,000 sitting around waiting on a little glue and decent sticker......... ;D Come on Ford, find some glue that works!!!!

jmbboss302 said:
bkaser90 said:

AAI is not open to the public for tours. Only the Dearborn Truck Plant has tours. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you really need to know somebody to get in. Even for me, a Ford employee, it would be difficult to get in. The closest I got to the assembly plant was going in the old Michigan Casting Center building. That's the building that is just south of the assembly plant, and has the Mustang painted on the side facing I-75.

It's a shame Ford hasn't caught up to some of the other manufacturers in this regard. I just saw something on TV (Gearz, I think), where Chevy is letting Vette owners into the engine assembly facility to actually build their own LS1 or LS9 engine that goes into their car. How cool would that be to actually build the motor that is in your Boss?!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel