The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Re: 3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

Dean#4AI said:
Are you saying that it shows that I'm not registered? :-\
I don't have you on the list from George and I knew you were coming. I sent you a PM.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I already have my hotel reserved and was about to register online but there is another two day event at VIR (19-20th) for $300. It's almost 9 hours to VIR and almost 13 to MPH. Which one do I go to?

Flyboygsxr said:
I already have my hotel reserved and was about to register online but there is another two day event at VIR (19-20th) for $300. It's almost 9 hours to VIR and almost 13 to MPH. Which one do I go to?
No doubt VIR is an awesome track but the beauty of the Roundup is that it's all Mustangs, not to mention the Ford guys that you'll get to meet and interact with at MPH 8)

Re: Re: 3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

cloud9 said:
I don't have you on the list from George and I knew you were coming. I sent you a PM.

OK, just registered. It had all the credit card info stored from earlier this year so evidently I did try to register earlier. Somewhere some wires got crossed.

Glad you mentioned it! :)

Dean#4AI said:
OK, just registered. It had all the credit card info stored from earlier this year so evidently I did try to register earlier. Somewhere some wires got crossed.

Glad you mentioned it! :)
He just emailed me that he got it. In the immortal words of George " It's all good" 8)

Tulsa, OK
Flyboygsxr said:

You should join the cool kids in Hastings :)

Just a heads-up for those attending... the massive floods in Colorado means that much of that water is coming down the South Platter river into Nebraska. The Platte could exceed flood stage in certain areas. If you're coming into Hastings from points south, you should be fine. But if you're coming in from points north and/or traveling in via I-80, you'll be crossing the Platte River on Hwy 281 just south of the Grand Island, NE I-80/Hwy 281 exit. The water surge is expected to move through that portion of the Platte sometime late this week or early weekend. I-80 itself is expected to remain high and dry. http://www.omaha.com/article/20130916/NEWS/130918987/1685#south-platte-river-flooding-could-be-unprecedented

dabossinne said:
Just a heads-up for those attending... the massive floods in Colorado means that much of that water is coming down the South Platter river into Nebraska. The Platte could exceed flood stage in certain areas. If you're coming into Hastings from points south, you should be fine. But if you're coming in from points north and/or traveling in via I-80, you'll be crossing the Platte River on Hwy 281 just south of the Grand Island, NE I-80/Hwy 281 exit. The water surge is expected to move through that portion of the Platte sometime late this week or early weekend. I-80 itself is expected to remain high and dry. http://www.omaha.com/article/20130916/NEWS/130918987/1685#south-platte-river-flooding-could-be-unprecedented
Hard to imagine it will get that high since it was still virtually dry when I went over it last month. Thanks for the heads up but hopefully it won't be an issue.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Woodhouse Ford will again be sponsoring the Friday night festivities, but I will not be driving this year. I know the track fairly well, so will be available to instruct anyone that might want a few pointers. Have instructed here since the track opened and have run in various cars ( Spec Miata, Viper ACR, Boss 302 ) and the lines work virtually identical for all, in my estimation. Be happy to help and will be around all of Friday and Saturday.

Sincerely,

Bill Pemberton
Performance Sales Mgr
Woodhouse Auto Family
[email protected]
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864

drano38

Wayne
Is Woodhouse also sponsoring the Platte River ferry boat so we can get across the river?
OK, back to the shop and finish up Boss prep.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You are coming from the great White North , so jest go down Highway 81 at York, turn at Fairfield ( Hwy 6 ) and come in the back way. That way you will avoid all those flooded parts of the Platte -- and that's my Platte answer to that.

Bill Pemberton said:
You are coming from the great White North , so jest go down Highway 81 at York, turn at Fairfield ( Hwy 6 ) and come in the back way. That way you will avoid all those flooded parts of the Platte -- and that's my Platte answer to that.

Thanks for the tip. I assume this applies to me since I will be coming from the east on I-80. :-\

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Flyboygsxr said:
I'm coming from the East...I'll be on I-80W but I don't think it should be a problem on the interstate?

The South Platte River is mainly west of Hastings. I-80 runs with it the entire trip for me. Those of you coming from the East should be just fine although 281 looks like it passes over it North of I-80 and just south of I-80 (North Platte River).

I've rearranged my route to come in along I-70, up through Kansas and into Hastings from the Southwest. Hopefully downstream enough from the Platte(s) and any tributaries.

Of course, I may just say F-it on Friday and head up I-76 to I-80 and takes my chances 8)

Link to National Weather Service

For Kearney:

STARTING THIS WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK...ELEVATED WATER
LEVELS ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE PLATTE RIVER FROM GOTHENBURG TO
KEARNEY...WITH RISES ALSO POSSIBLE DOWNSTREAM OF KEARNEY DURING
THE EARLY TO MIDDLE PART OF NEXT WEEK. THERE IS STILL CONSIDERABLE
UNCERTAINTY REGARDING HOW MUCH THE PLATTE RIVER WILL RISE...AND
THE POTENTIAL FOR POSSIBLE FLOODING WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED
OVER THE COMING DAYS.

Wouldn't sweat it too much. They're saying I-80 itself will be fine. Most of the flooding is expected further west and would mostly impact farm ground. And as Bill pointed out, there are alternative routes if needed. But more than likely it won't be an issue regardless.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
Yeah... I'm the one that will need a boat :)

looking at alternative routes right now

Rent a shipping container and a SkyHook...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel