The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
We have set the trophies for the event and there are lots of ways to win!

We will have three racing competitions including Autocross, Drag Racing and Road Racing. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd (except drags) place trophies for each competition. There will also be a Top Pony Award for the most combined points in all three competitions. There will be four classes for cars competing in the racing competition as follows:

STOCK
MODIFIED
RACE
SN95

In addition to the on track competition, we will also have awards for the following categories:

Best Paint

Best Boss

Best Engine

Best GT500

Best Vintage

68 & Older

Best Vintage

69 & Newer

People's Choice Vintage

People's Choice Modern

Top 5 Car Show

We have also added awards for the person traveling the FURTHEST. There will be four awards for North, South, East and West. That means guys like stevespo, PeteInCT, or VTBoss for example should be coming to lay claim to the East, Rick, Drew or Grant for example from the West, any one of our Canadian friends from the North to edge out John :), or YellowBoss or zquez from the South.

Really looking forward to a GREAT event guys (and gals :D) 8)
We have added an additional Modified Class and 12 more trophies! We also added a King of The Strip trophy for drag only cars so if you've got a HP beast, bring it on!

The 4 competition classes competing for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Autocross, Drag Racing, Road Racing and overall points for Top Ford are now as follows:

Stock Class – Cars with no or few performance modifications racing on street tires. (Exception - 2012/13 Boss LS Pzero Corsa & 13/14 GT500 Goodyear Eagle F1 G:2 acceptable for stock class)

Modified Class – Cars with moderate to several performance modifications racing on R-compound tires, still driven regularly on the street.

Modified Outlaw Class – Cars meeting the modified class criteria with one or both of the following additional modifications: Significant non-OEM aero (e.g. wings higher than roofline), significant power adders or coilover suspension systems.

Race Class – Cars with significant performance modifications that are driven only on the track. This category also includes any cars racing on sticker slicks. As with NASA, Conti takeoff slicks from Grand Am would be exempted in the Modified class.

This event just keeps getting bigger and better! 8)

**Ford Participation Update**

So far we have:

1. Todd Soderquist CD Platform Program Manager (Mustang Planner at the time the current Boss program launched) He will be there with his dad and they'll be driving the 2012 Black LS LS022 and 2013 SBY LS LS022

2. Chuck Drake - Mustang Vehicle Engineering Leader - He is actually bringing 3 family bosses including his father and brother.

That's two father/son Ford teams coming!

3. Rich Morris - Manager of Product Development Investment - He has ordered a new 14MY GT500 that he will be taking delivery of at MPH with us.

Great way to break in a new car!

I talked to Tom Barnes a couple of weeks ago and it didn't sound like it was going to happen this year. He said he loved it last year but just too busy right now. Maybe next year!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
Note to Drew: Add Motorsports Park Hastings to list of tracks to cover during sabbatical.

Yeah I gotta work this into the overall schedule for next year...

Dean#4AI said:
I talked to Tom Barnes a couple of weeks ago and it didn't sound like it was going to happen this year. He said he loved it last year but just too busy right now. Maybe next year!

Bummer, but I know it's probably tough for them to fit it in their schedules every year. Maybe with Mark's new job he can find some time between trips across the pond? ;)

Re: Re: 3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

cloud9 said:
Bummer, but I know it's probably tough for them to fit it in their schedules every year. Maybe with Mark's new job he can find some time between trips across the pond? ;)
Yeah, he said he was looking forward to driving his own cars for a change. ;)

As this will be my first time to run MPH, I am starting to watch some videos to get to know the track. Anyone have any vids you would recommend that show a great line? Here is the best one I have found so far but given I don't know the track it is hard for me to know if he has a great line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ6Igaq0Q1A

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Think this was from two years ago... I got out at the front of the line, so you should be able to see the track pretty clearly. All but the last turn (12?) should be pretty good lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwh980du31E

Drano38 makes an appearance towards the end :)

drano38

Wayne
JScheier said:
Drano38 makes an appearance towards the end :)

Sure, call me out--thanks. ;)

Here's a vid from last year.
(Edited 3 Sep, hope this works)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvu8cloxkG8&feature=player_embedded

Don't get too aggressive on the turn 12 curbing (just before pit in). Last year 3 cars spun there and hit the tires at pit in. Its high curbing, and the car can lunge right as you crawl up on it, so if you over correct with left turn input, you could join the tire wall club.
The Cheatin Bastage members have other tricks that may be learned over beer at the clubhouse.

Tulsa, OK
Drano your video says its currently unavailable. At least to me anyway.

Thanks for the tip on turn 12.

JScheier thanks for sharing your video. It's nice to get a feel for the track before showing up.

LS110 said:
As this will be my first time to run MPH, I am starting to watch some videos to get to know the track. Anyone have any vids you would recommend that show a great line? Here is the best one I have found so far but given I don't know the track it is hard for me to know if he has a great line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ6Igaq0Q1A
I'm not sure what he's driving, but you can't drive that line in your Mustang. Here's a vid from the NASA TT event last month. We don't go green until about the 2:30 mark if you want to skip the warmup lap.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5NHgiZF0U&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Thanks guys for the videos. I have started reviewing them and it looks like a great track and should be a lot of fun to drive. Looking forward to the event which is coming up fast!

Registrations are really starting to roll in now. Make sure you get your hotels booked guys! Also, I know a bunch of you that are planning to go but I don't see your names on the registration list yet. Please get them in to George ASAP so he can make sure he has plenty of transponders, food and drink!

I see we've got one really cool entry that I can't wait to see on track. One of the Ford guys is bringing a 2013 Focus ST 8)
There are also two 2014 GT500s registered and George tells me they also have a Boss 429 barn find coming for the car show!

Looking forward to a great weekend!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel