The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Something's missing on the front of those cars ::)

It never fails... get a good photo of the car... and something fell off. I swear, I don't have a single photo of the car on track with all of it's associated parts :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Proof ----------er, got third , but missed 2nd by 1/100th of a second. 2:01.207 to the Turbo Evo at 2:01.197. All due to your help with the Water Wetter and removal of the front grill!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ha, ha, but remember even though it didn't count, later in the heat of the day when times slowed, I was actually running faster than you taking those short cuts ( and I had improved my time).

Not going to beat you on your home track first time out, but would not have ran as good if you hadn't been such a good guy and given me some tips !! Helped me figure out turn 6 and that was the trick on Sunday.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually so many Bosses have shown up , and with Ford Engineers who worked on the Boss showing up every year, George Anderson has renamed this the Mustang Roundup/Boss Reunion 2013 ---- if you have a Boss this is one event you need to make since it will be one of the largest gatherings of the namesake in all of the US ,in all likelyhood!!??!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fantastic, and more of you need to drag your Mustang friends with you -- will flat guarantee you will leave with 3 times as many friends , as those of us that have gone to this event have made many new friends all over the US. With so few new Boss 302s , we are a small community, but there is a closeness only reserved for certain machines throughout the World. I will tell you that you will be surprised at how willing John Scheier, Gary Gaspar, and others are to help you with car setup, tricks of the trade, worthwhile options , those that just hammer on your credit card, as well as secrets to run the track quicker.

I have been a member of SCCA for 32 years , NASA for a year, various other car clubs for so long there is mold on my membership cards, yet this event will meld you with like minded folks and get you close to Ford Engineers who love to come here to fly around the track with the rest of us. Guys who prefer to do car shows, or drag race, etc. this is still a event you want to be at ---- the Clubhouse on site does extend the party atmosphere and just send George Anderson ( track mgr) notes you want the great looking waitress there to serve us at the bar, ha,ha!!!

I was slow this year in signing up.....but I'm officially on the registered list ;) Looks like the entries are starting to add up.

Like Bill said, it is a unique weekend that takes place at a pretty unique track with a fun cast of characters involved. Looking forward to seeing some familar faces as well as a bunch of new ones! There is plenty of opportunity to have fun and lots of people who are quick to offer help, advice, etc...Fun group to be associated with.

I hope to see a bunch of new additions this year.

PS: I just talked with George and he was finalizing the trophy list.

KRost said:
I was slow this year in signing up.....but I'm officially on the registered list ;) Looks like the entries are starting to add up.

Like Bill said, it is a unique weekend that takes place at a pretty unique track with a fun cast of characters involved. Looking forward to seeing some familar faces as well as a bunch of new ones! There is plenty of opportunity to have fun and lots of people who are quick to offer help, advice, etc...Fun group to be associated with.

I hope to see a bunch of new additions this year.

PS: I just talked with George and he was finalizing the trophy list.
Speaking of characters.......looks like Kevin will have that Grabber Blue monster all dialed in just in time to edge us out again this year. ;)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Speaking of characters.......looks like Kevin will have that Grabber Blue monster all dialed in just in time to edge us out again this year. ;)

Need to get him out next week for some cheatin.... shake down sessions :)

It's a tough decision, it's the same weekend as a NASA event at TWS (really fun track). I really want to go to both! I'm not in the points race this year so it might just stop there on the way back from Utah. It's tough to pass up a race weekend though.

Is there an airport nearby and can I leave my rig there for two weeks?

smittytx said:
It's a tough decision, it's the same weekend as a NASA event at TWS (really fun track). I really want to go to both! I'm not in the points race this year so it might just stop there on the way back from Utah. It's tough to pass up a race weekend though.

Is there an airport nearby and can I leave my rig there for two weeks?
George has a huge warehouse near the track that would probably be an option if you need a place to leave your rig. Just let us me know if you want me to check with him. Nearest airports are Omaha or Lincoln which are 150 and 100 miles respectively.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel