The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS110 said:
I am in and registered! Looks like the hotels are filling fast and so the Holiday Inn Express was not available, but made a reservation at the Quality Inn. Appears to be fairly close at 4.5 miles. Killer drive of 10+ hours from MN, but I am sure it will be worth it ;D
Good deal John! It's going to be a great time. 8)

Tulsa, OK
Just booked my room at the Comfort Inn.

I thought I might have to switch back to 91 for this event, but it looks like Uncle Neal's Country Store in Hastings carries E85. And it's 3 miles from the track ;D

roadhouse said:
Just booked my room at the Comfort Inn.

I thought I might have to switch back to 91 for this event, but it looks like Uncle Neal's Country Store in Hastings carries E85. And it's 3 miles from the track ;D
They don't call 'em CORNhuskers for nuthin' ;)

cloud9 said:
How about that guy with the restored Wood Brothers car? ;D

That trailer queen???

I guess I could make an exception... ;)

:)
;)
:D
;D

EDIT - In case SE reads this,

WB121_zpsae560e29.jpg

PS - He's one of my heros (along with the other fellow who made the above)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I'm heading out with NASA on August 9-11 to get some 'Cheatin Bastige (registered trademark)" practice in! Mr. Pemberton has offered to show me the finer points of launching my car off the curbing :eek:

JScheier said:
I'm heading out with NASA on August 9-11 to get some 'Cheatin Bastige (registered trademark)" practice in! Mr. Pemberton has offered to show me the finer points of launching my car off the curbing :eek:
I decided to join you so I can get the jump on those cheatin' bastiges too ;D

Just reserved a room at the Hastings Comfort Inn for the Sept Boss Reunion. Anybody who might want to share a room let me know.

Trying to get out there for the Aug 9-11 NASA event, but not sure if I can make it work. This summer's been a bust for me for track weekends from a calendar conflict standpoint. Too many family commitments getting in the way!

2 Drivers using One Car
it’s the same entry price for each of them, they can add two(2) to the cart, then the dad can add his son as another Participant. Have them go to the cart and change the qty to 2, then click ‘Add’:

2-participant-example-300x147.png

GeorgeAnderson said:
2 Drivers using One Car
it’s the same entry price for each of them, they can add two(2) to the cart, then the dad can add his son as another Participant. Have them go to the cart and change the qty to 2, then click ‘Add’:

2-participant-example-300x147.png

Thanks George - Hopefully can son can make it!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Maybe we can ride up with my Knuckledraggingcornholinginlaw's Cobra. I'll be in touch.

JScheier said:
You can follow me out. I'll be leaving out of Parker. Not sure if I'm gonna go up 76/80 or take the scenic route out 70 and through lord knows where.

It's just under 7 hours from Parker... so should be 5.5-6 from Brighton. 2.5 Easy track days... sign up for school or just do open lapping. Hang out with the guys from Ford. Car show. Night at the Museum.

Hastings is a fun track, easy to pop your cherry on and nothing but marijua... alfalfa to get sucked up into your brake ducts should you go off. George puts on one heck of a show for us.

Heck, I'm actually going out next month (August) with NASA so I can get some extra seat time out there to try and keep up with the regular cheatin' bastidges!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Sticker or takeoff??? I might bump up to TT2 to stay the hell out of your way :eek:

Sticker of course :)

Trying to figure out if I risk running my Hoosiers (two events) or just strap on the Continentals.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the tip on the Continentals John.................got me a couple of sets too. Couldn't quite catch you on Saturday, but upheld the Boss honor on Sunday at HPR. Definitely need to get our Boss buddies to make the trip out there in the future -- great track!!

Should be fun at MPH for the NASA race in August ,and those that sign up will get some extra track practice prior to the Mustang/Ford Roundup.

Many may need to sign up for HPDE, based on experience, but Level 3 and 4 will get you times if you want them?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Go to www.drivenasacentral.com to sign up for MPH in August -- more seat time prior to the big Mustang/Ford Roundup in September. Feel free to call me if you have any questions on NASA Central or signing up.

Bill Pemberton
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864
[email protected]

TMO Supporting Vendors