The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just got back from a weekend at MPH and it was great. The track is in absolutely phenomenal condition and they did some surface grinding that adds some unbelievable additional grip. George is gearing up for a huge event. I met a couple guys that came up from KC with really sweet supercharged Saleen and GT500 cars, and they are planning to be back in September for the Roundup and bringing their Dad in his GT500KR. Now's the time to get your registrations in guys!

roadhouse said:
I'm pushing hard to get two of my friends ('03 whippled cobra and '11 procharged GT) to make the trek with me from OK. ::)
Excellent! We have a lot of states represented at the last two events, but I don't recall any from OK. We had several from TX though so you guys better show up and represent ;)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ran an event with my other car a week prior to Gary going there and will echo his comments, the track is really fast and sticky. Took right at a second off my previous best and there was more out there. They just keep making changes to this track that make it one of the most fun to run in the Midwest...............and then party after da run izzz done!!!

JScheier said:
Reserved my hotel today... getting closer!
Glad you posted this as I forgot to do that! I'm booked in now too. Now let's just hope our cars get through the three day event unlike you at COTA or me at RA :(

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
cloud9 said:
Glad you posted this as I forgot to do that! I'm booked in now too. Now let's just hope our cars get through the three day event unlike you at COTA or me at RA :(

I want to endurance race against you rabbits, just car killers. Still scheming on how I can get out for this event.
Steve

steveespo said:
I want to endurance race against you rabbits, just car killers. Still scheming on how I can get out for this event.
Steve
Get on I-80, head West 1400 miles and take a left ;) Since it's a 3 day event with practice on Friday there's a good chance we'll be out by the time competition begins on Saturday :D

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Get on I-80, head West 1400 miles and take a left ;) Since it's a 3 day event with practice on Friday there's a good chance we'll be out by the time competition begins on Saturday :D

Nice. Jinx us before we even get loaded on a trailer.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Okay, I'll bite. What the good word on this show in Hastings?

I have Track Attack in Utah early in the week and am thinking of letting my knuckledragging Nebraska in-laws talking me into bring my Boss to Hastings. I'm sure someone here can convince me it's worth the busy week and the travel from Brighton, CO. to Hastings. ;D

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
TymeSlayer said:
I'm sure someone here can convince me it's worth the busy week and the travel from Brighton, CO. to Hastings. ;D

You can follow me out. I'll be leaving out of Parker. Not sure if I'm gonna go up 76/80 or take the scenic route out 70 and through lord knows where.

It's just under 7 hours from Parker... so should be 5.5-6 from Brighton. 2.5 Easy track days... sign up for school or just do open lapping. Hang out with the guys from Ford. Car show. Night at the Museum.

Hastings is a fun track, easy to pop your cherry on and nothing but marijua... alfalfa to get sucked up into your brake ducts should you go off. George puts on one heck of a show for us.

Heck, I'm actually going out next month (August) with NASA so I can get some extra seat time out there to try and keep up with the regular cheatin' bastidges!

TymeSlayer said:
Okay, I'll bite. What the good word on this show in Hastings?

I have Track Attack in Utah early in the week and am thinking of letting my knuckledragging Nebraska in-laws talking me into bring my Boss to Hastings. I'm sure someone here can convince me it's worth the busy week and the travel from Brighton, CO. to Hastings. ;D

Hook, line and sinker...

TA is free..

Use the force, I mean, take your new found skills and get cracking ;)

VTBoss302

I am in and registered! Looks like the hotels are filling fast and so the Holiday Inn Express was not available, but made a reservation at the Quality Inn. Appears to be fairly close at 4.5 miles. Killer drive of 8+ hours from MN, but I am sure it will be worth it ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors