The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4th Annual Mustang Roundup Sept 18-21, 2014 Motorsports Park Hastings! 4 days!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
No names or photos please.

Yes, there were at least 4 cars that got bent. Sunday was particularly bad which reinforces what instructors always stress... when the mind gets tired, accidents happen. Many of the drivers had been on track since Thursday. No major mistakes, but sometimes even small mistakes can have rather large consequences.

It is unfortunate that some of our Boss brothers had accidents, but out of respect for them, please let's keep names and photos of any incidents off of the forum.

Thanks!
John

PS - I didn't get a chance to take any photos (other than the one of Bill in his cute reading glasses). Most of the photos I've seen have been from Jeff Lacina or Sean Cook on Facebook. Jeff was posting under Track Guys and his own account. I know Gary's wife was taking photos.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
roadhouse said:
How much did you charge George for mowing out there?? :D

... actually, George was charging for alfalfa. Apparently he sells it... $42 a bushel. Gary left most of it on the track (which then got sucked up into my car). Kevin probably got the award for largest harvest... or so I've heard ::)

Congrats on the PB lap. Looked like you drifted it through the last corner.

Is your plow still in one piece? I've been debating installing mine and from what I can tell it's the LS splitter that usually causes damage and not the WC.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
NFSBOSS said:
Is your plow still in one piece? I've been debating installing mine and from what I can tell it's the LS splitter that usually causes damage and not the WC.

I've caused some damage with the WC splitter... just takes a little more skill ;)

NFSBOSS said:
Congrats on the PB lap. Looked like you drifted it through the last corner.

Thanks. Splitter's fine. It did unhook one side of the front clip but I just popped it back in place. No harm no foul......well except fouling up John's grille and radiator with my cuttings :D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
No names or photos please.

Yes, there were at least 4 cars that got bent. Sunday was particularly bad which reinforces what instructors always stress... when the mind gets tired, accidents happen. Many of the drivers had been on track since Thursday. No major mistakes, but sometimes even small mistakes can have rather large consequences.

It is unfortunate that some of our Boss brothers had accidents, but out of respect for them, please let's keep names and photos of any incidents off of the forum.

Thanks!
John

Were these all random incidents or was there one spot or spots that were eating cars? Might think about petitioning the track for additional run-off or traps before 2015!

ArizonaBOSS said:
Were these all random incidents or was there one spot or spots that were eating cars? Might think about petitioning the track for additional run-off or traps before 2015!
They all occurred in separate spots. It's one of the safest tracks I've been on with a lot of runoff (see alfalfa mowing vid), but as with all tracks there are some areas that need barricades to prevent a car going through the infield into a different part of the track, or into adjacent buildings or the pit area. There are also sand traps to try and prevent cars going into the guard rail in a few key places.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Speaking of Personal Bests, kudos to John " Da Shoe" Scheier for not only winning his Class in the full track Autocross , but annihilating everyone including all the full blown Ray Sing Kars!!

Let's put his time in perspective ---------- only 10 seconds behind Gary's blistering time, and Mr. G was hauling the mail. Two fantastic times set this weekend and many of the drivers learned alot about track set up , tires, etc.

You can go to events all year round , but half the time there are two or three Bosses there, and here there were close to 40 and it was easy to figure out what is working and what is a year or two behind. The developement of an already competent car is astounding. Few years back a 1:37 was killing it, and now we have drivers in the 1:34s on this track. Many of you need to consider coming just to figure out the newest trick and set -up. Start planning for the 5th annual , because if you don't , John, Gary, and Kevin gwanna be leaving yur kar in the dust ( or at least the alfalfa ).

Bill Pemberton said:
Speaking of Personal Bests, kudos to John " Da Shoe" Scheier for not only winning his Class in the full track Autocross , but annihilating everyone including all the full blown Ray Sing Kars!!
That autox run was masterful 8)

As was Kevin's 1:33.9 lap in the Race Class.

TMO Supporting Vendors