The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

6th Annual Mustang Roundup at MPH September 15-18, 2016!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
What class are all of the GT350s in? If they have slicks on they need to be super modified Jesse James Outlaws!!!
Right now it's one class, but I think I'll need to move Black Boss to a class of his own if I'm going to have any shot at all. Of course I'll be in a lowly GT350 and the R's will undoubtedly crush the field ;)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
Right now it's one class, but I think I'll need to move Black Boss to a class of his own if I'm going to have any shot at all. Of course I'll be in a lowly GT350 and the R's will undoubtedly crush the field ;)

Not likely. I'll be jet lagged from the 14 hour drive :eek: On a track I've only driven once, and Gary will be on R+ width rubber, fresh as a daisy from just down the street 8)

Seriously it will be a lot of fun, assuming the car shows up.....

Registration is all back and all Happy now. Storms in Seattle were really bad.
Be there or be square...make my day.
Get some track time Thursday PM for registering in November when I'm looking for Cash!
Get you Hay Barn Garage spot reserved after you register too!
http://www.racemph.com/events/mustang-roundup/

2016-Web-Mustang-2-450x925-Nov-Slider.jpg

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, for the track time on Thursday anyway. I'm in for my first Mustang Roundup...as a driver. I was there this year in the car show and as a spectator.

mustang5o said:
Nothing like waiting until the last minute, for the track time on Thursday anyway. I'm in for my first Mustang Roundup...as a driver. I was there this year in the car show and as a spectator.
Haha just saw it come through and I thought to myself......there's someone who wants some Thursday track time! Looking forward to having you as a driver 8)

We had a huge influx of registrations come in yesterday including several of the Ford Motor Company and Ford Performance leaders!

You still have time to take advantage of the Christmas discount if you register by December 25th!

Merry Christmas everyone! Just a quick reminder that you only have 7 days to register and take advantage of the $50 Christmas bonus discount! We are also down to only 6 remaining hay barn spots so you better grab one while you can!

Consider it an early present from Santa George :D

Santa_zps4qq9fjh7.jpg

George has added another new feature for this year's event. You now have the availability of collision insurance for driver's cars at the Mustang Roundup via Lockton Motorsports Insurance. They have approved many of the track events at MPH for 2016 based on their operations etc. You can run all the events, use a Transponder etc, but can't receive a trophy or award for your times. Just a participant recognition.

It runs about $50 per $10,000 so if someone wanted to insure say $40,000 of their car, coverage would cost about $250 with around a $2000 deductible. New drivers may be interested in this option.

http://locktonmotorsports.com/event/motorsport-park-hastingsmustang-roundup-vi/8703

We have had several registrations come in this week. Just a reminder that you only have one day left to register and receive the Christmas discount.

Merry Christmas all!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It's about 400 miles from where I live in Denver. I have no trailer or real means to tow my Boss and although I did drive it out to the Mustang 50th in Vegas, the car wasn't lowered like it is now. I've driven from here to Minden quite often but again, always in the Mountaineer or the Expedition. Anyone know what the roads are like out on I-80? Right now it doesn't take much to bottom her out and if there's a crapload of road work being done on the way, I fear the worst.

drano38

Wayne
TymeSlayer said:
It's about 400 miles from where I live in Denver. I have no trailer or real means to tow my Boss and although I did drive it out to the Mustang 50th in Vegas, the car wasn't lowered like it is now. I've driven from here to Minden quite often but again, always in the Mountaineer or the Expedition. Anyone know what the roads are like out on I-80? Right now it doesn't take much to bottom her out and if there's a crapload of road work being done on the way, I fear the worst.

John Scheier drove it every year he had his Boss--he rented a u-haul trailer for towing. He had coilovers/lowered, so he could give you some advice on I-80 and loading onto a u-haul if you want to consider that route.
@JScheier

TymeSlayer said:

Two routes I have towed my car from Denver to Hastings for the past 3 Roundups have been the I76/I80 route and the I76/US34 route. Since you have driven to Minden, NE several times you probably have a good read on the I76/US34 route. For me the traffic on the US34 route has been very light and makes for an OK alternative route to I80 despite being a two lane highway.

Last year most of the construction was on the first 1/2 of the I76 route to NE. There were several sections were the traffic was diverted to two way as the other side of I76 was being repaved from the road sub-base. I don't remember the road being unusuallyrough or bumpy at any of the construction areas.

With respect to I80 from ~Julesberg, CO to the Hastings, NE turnoff, I don't remember any bad pavement areas - the journey was about the same experience as driving I25 from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs, sans the congestion of Central Denver.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
As mentioned above, I've made the trip for the round-up several times, and make the trip for NASA racing as well.

I usually take 76 up to 80, but the construction on 76 and the truck traffic on 80 (along with all the RVs) can make for a long drive. The past two events, I've gone out I-70 east to Colby and then taken the back roads. 90% of them are 65 mph with very little traffic and no construction. Was a far more relaxing drive than 76/80.

When I go back to Hastings this fall for NASA, I'll most likely take the back roads again.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
@JScheier

Met you briefly at High Plains last year. Perhaps I'll see you again in May. I'm very interested in heading out to Hastings and if you're going as well, we can drive out together.

Thanks for the info guys. If I can figure the logistics out, I'll be there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel