The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

7th Gen Mustang Reveal September 14th.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was at a nice dinner in Monterey during car week and Edsel Ford II was speaking for a bit. TWICE he said, "Ford will always have a Shelby in it's lineup." To me, that sounds like there's going to be a successor to the 2015+ GT350 and the 2020+ GT500. Yet, there hasn't been anything about it that I've seen. Does Ford have it under wraps for the moment?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Regardless of whether it is good looking or not, 50% of current Mustang owners will say they like the style of theirs better, 25% will say it is the ugliest Mustang ever, and the other 25% will sit around with their friends sucking down a few beers analyzing every angle, curve, and design cue over the entire car. They will , of course, run out of beer before they come to a conclusion as many will have already passed out.

Regardless of whether it is good looking or not, 50% of current Mustang owners will say they like the style of theirs better, 25% will say it is the ugliest Mustang ever, and the other 25% will sit around with their friends sucking down a few beers analyzing every angle, curve, and design cue over the entire car. They will , of course, run out of beer before they come to a conclusion as many will have already passed out.
Well yes, beer! Didn't you know there is a hidden CO2 system in the S650 for a tap with mini kegs! Good for after track events. FYI - if the system is activated it disables the car.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Sounds more like a true sequential with the gear whine, lightning fast shifts and rev match. Maybe the new GT3 car is part of the reveal next week?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiNGuSLgbfs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
I just extracted the sound from that vid and made the best ringtone ever!!!

Here's how I did with an android phone:
-downloaded the video to my phone.
- dropped the vid on this website.

-Download the mp3 once it was extracted
- opened the sound settings
-open ringtones
-added the mp3 to the ringtone list.
- selected that mp3 as my ringtone.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I just extracted the sound from that vid and made the best ringtone ever!!!

Here's how I did with an android phone:
-downloaded the video to my phone.
- dropped the vid on this website.

-Download the mp3 once it was extracted
- opened the sound settings
-open ringtones
-added the mp3 to the ringtone list.
- selected that mp3 as my ringtone.
It’s definitely ringtone worthy! I went back and read the GT3 announcement from early this year. The GT3 isn’t launching until Daytona 2024, so I don’t think that’s it. The same article said that a new GT4 using the S650 platform will be ready for the 2023 season - that’s my new guess at what’s in that sound byte released today.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Yeah, I'm thinking race car. I can maybe see the exhaust that loud with active exhaust and the mic stuck next to the pipe, but the NVH guys would be all over that gear whine on a production car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
WOW!!

GT3, GT4, new Dark Horse track focused car with two Ford Performance variants - Dark Horse S for focused track days and Dark Horse R for grassroots WTW. Mustang spec series mentioned briefly - unbelievable news for this group of TMO track rats!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel