The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After a few years...another trip to the tire wall....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Went to Drivers school and had one of those stupid moments... Just got my new tranny in and I completely forgot about the accufab TB, Airaid CAI and AED tune that I added over a month ago.... Throttle was a lot more sensitive then I was used too, and my brain did not take it into account.... But looking at the video now it looks like I was just a hot head. Result: big off road trip into the tire wall. Drivers door took the brunt of the impact, those door bars really work.... Broke my bumper, valence and splitter. Damaged front left fender and assorted scratches from trees etc.

Was lucky not mechanical damage, engine, radiator, suspension seems all ok.....

any tips on where to get a used door?? Looking at door shell AR3z6320125B I found for $647.

Their goes my Apex wheel budget!

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
:eek: Sorry to hear. :(

I'd look at auto salvage yards close to the freight forwarder that you use. Otherwise, MPS in Winder, GA usually has such parts in stock.

Good luck with the repairs.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks guys. Will go to the junkyards here tomorrow as well as Miami... I think maybe this time I will plot the car with vinyl instead of painting! Maybe cover up a blue used door that way!

Bummer. Glad you're ok and your car can be rebuilt. Good luck getting your car repaired and back on track.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Damn, that sucks. I usually see take-off doors on ebay from time to time, search "door left mustang 2010", for example. Price range typically around $400 but not sure on freight charge. Beware--some have dings etc.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks I spent all last night searching ebay and got some possible candidates. I remembered that Khor motorsports had spare body parts lying around and they are making me a quote now with the pics I sent them. Fingers crossed!! Might even get them in red!!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
A local body shop said they could fix this door.... What do you guys think?? I am leaning more to a new door since it took a fair hit. Amazing the window still works 100%

20953755_10212013674275918_243496807986444571_n.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I vote pass on the repair. The metal is already worked and weakened. An undamaged door would protect you better if you need it again in the future.

I'm sure many shops could fix it reasonably well from a cosmetic standpoint. I don't think that's what matters here.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Agreed! I told him thanks but no thanks.... Impressed how the door bar held up and managed to push back the tire wall over a meter. I think it did its job, not safe asking it to hold up to something like this again.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I know that door was perfect!! But its the passenger side!! The Bob White decals work out really well, this will be my second swt. Dont ask how I know!!

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel