The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After a few years...another trip to the tire wall....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Looks like the rear stepped out.
Turn in looks complete within 0:06 markers
Steady state for all of 0:07
At the start of 0:08, you can see a blip in the G-meter/bubble. Looks like theres a patch in the paving or something that you roll over there. Rear probably let go there.

Without seeing your hands, I think it could have been recovered if you were quick to counter-steer. But might also help if you soften the rear damping or stiffen the front assuming the setup is a bit loose for your paving. The front looks like it stuck through the turn.

I will stiffen the front sway bar and lower the rear LCA a little more (top hole in BMR setup, was in middle hole). They should be just a degree or so down after the adjustment. Rear shocks are full soft with 18mm bar and fronts are full stiff.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thinking about a pair of Apex 18x11 with 315/30-18 for the rear as well. Though that might be just be a coverup for other failings!

The Apex wheels look very much like my old sve drifts.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Is the splash guard a important piece of aero for the car?? I see mine is broken on most of the mounting holes. Number 9, part number BR3Z-6C038-A, its about 150 Bucks but by the time I get it it will be about US$225.
7eb9e15453ccac51e0ea58ece8e63965.png

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Can't answer your question but I've been running without it since I put in my BMR k-member and radiator support which won't allow me to reinstall it. The only concern I have is something kicking up and putting a hole in the oil filter.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Get a used one? I wouldn't want to 'waste' $225 on a new one either.

Is full soft on the Konis 'too soft' to control the rear movement? I know it is on my JRis.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Tymeslayer, You reminded me that a buddy put on a BMR K member on his GT, he probably has it lying around.

Grant, the Konis feel quite good at full soft in the rear. More or less like the OEM Boss shocks at 3. They only have soft,med and Hard if I remember right. Not like the Front Koni's that have a wider range.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Probably right about that. If I get the car ready for the 14th of Oct I get two track days to set things up. Will go with sway bar stiffer first.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Looking at that now! Everything arrived today, The door came complete with window and seals so its just plug and play. The fender is fine and the red bumber is in better shape then mine was before my crash.. Only thing is it does not have the Boss Valance. Will take a look at @Fabman bezles for the 4" duct setup, may be they can fit. Otherwise is 170 bucks more for a oem valance

-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
21994184_10212286415534279_6583777388478160495_o.jpg

22007466_10212286411134169_3394699268313237520_n.jpg

The only cable to worry about is made easy....
22007576_10212286414214246_2735661660600956431_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well got the door and fender on. Was easier then I thought! Only difficult part is man handling the door when working by yourself. Got the rubber window seal off the old door and installed on the new door with no problems. The fender was more of a pain, need to dremal the bolt holes a little to make sure the door would open well. Now I have a red, Black and Burgundy Boss! :(. I ended up getting the Boss Valance and will airfreight it in to save some time, but the part numbers are a little confusing. Not sure what i ordered!

At this rate might very well end up making a splitter copy from polycarbonate. Instead of making it stick out further out, will use the original splitter as a trace and make a lip to take it down closer to the ground. I was hoping to go have a go at the track on the 14th but my last hurried outing was a disaster so may play it safe and wait for a bigger event in November.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have the car up on a elevator and we noticed that the LCA's bushings on the chassis are shot. Wondering if the 1/2cm play on the bushing could have lead to the rather unusual handling traits.... Not an excuse for my half assed driving taking me into the tire wall, just wondering......

TMO Supporting Vendors