The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Cooks Onboard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ye Gads! love food pics, but we are all going to get fat!! Going to have to fast 4 days a weeks in order to fit in the car.....
The secret to enjoying this thread is to close one eye!!!!!.....This way you only get half of the calories.......My Boss seats still are VERY forgiving.......................Honestly...The Pics on this thread deserve National Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I used to eat stuff like that. Until one day about a year ago when I went totally blind in one eye, which could have been permanent but it cleared within a few minutes. I had been getting vision disturbances for a while before that, and moments were I had trouble thinking through even simple tasks like remembering the word "fender" or even doing simple math.
That led to finding my left neck veins being full of cholesterol, chunks of which are breaking off and going into my eyes and brain. This causes vision disruptions, potential total loss of vision, hardening of a very important artery in one eye and it's affecting my thought and cognitive processes.
So now I'm on a strict zero cholesterol diet and some meds that are supposed to reduce the build up very slowly.
And I thought I was eating healthy.
Don't kid yourself boys, this ain't good eating anymore.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I have some blackstrap from a deer I took last year in my freezer. I could use a recipe.
I don't generally write things down... but...
in a large zip lock bag..
deer steaks or whole loins.. salt, pepper, garlic powder.. olive oil, vinegars (malt, red wine, basalmic apple cider... whatever you like) smoked paprika, worchestershire sauce, Frank's hot sauce, teriyaki/ hoisen sauce, root beer/ Dr Pepper/ RC Cola /7UP (whatever you like) curry powder and/or red pepper flakes if you like it... seal bag and refrigerate at least overnight.. place on counter 2 hours before cooking... I grill to medium rare over charcoal and pecan wood.. make it yours. should smell amazing even before you cook..

1001111807.jpg

20131129_164146.jpg

0906141824.jpg

cold-venison.jpg

20191123_130613.jpg

20210105_190252.jpg

20210105_190755.jpg

20220212_175332.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
GB 899

Thanks for the recpie.

I have most of the fixns. I’ll get the rest this week.

Unfortunately the deer down here are a bit smaller than the corn feed Midwest critters. 110 lbs on the hove.

I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I don't generally write things down... but...
in a large zip lock bag..
deer steaks or whole loins.. salt, pepper, garlic powder.. olive oil, vinegars (malt, red wine, basalmic apple cider... whatever you like) smoked paprika, worchestershire sauce, Frank's hot sauce, teriyaki/ hoisen sauce, root beer/ Dr Pepper/ RC Cola /7UP (whatever you like) curry powder and/or red pepper flakes if you like it... seal bag and refrigerate at least overnight.. place on counter 2 hours before cooking... I grill to medium rare over charcoal and pecan wood.. make it yours. should smell amazing even before you cook..

View attachment 78947

View attachment 78948

View attachment 78949

View attachment 78950

View attachment 78951

View attachment 78952

View attachment 78953

View attachment 78954
Those look awsome.... its been years since we ate venison.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel