The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

So im prepping for my install.. I got my seat out, and I disconnected the wires to the brake and the gas, But i can't figure out how to disconnect the cable from the clutch assembly.. I felt around and cant feel a tab or anything to push to get it loose.. any ideas??

I guess I just needed a break from being in that cramped space.. I went back to take a look and figured it right out.. It was just a twist of the whole thing..

so my next question is: according to the instructions, step 3 says attach wiretap to the blue/orange wire.
my clutch assembly had 2 cables a yellow/black and a blue/green.. not a blue/orange... am i on the right wire?? it was at the top of the clutch and had a large red piece on it....

That is odd. My wire colors matched exactly with the instructions thus I am not of much help. Hopefully Andres sees your post.

LS110 said:
That is odd. My wire colors matched exactly with the instructions thus I am not of much help. Hopefully Andres sees your post.
So did mine. I wonder if he has the wrong harness?

NFSBOSS said:
Are you tracking your car this weekend? I know Steve and I will both be trying the AB at the track for the first time this weekend. Anyone else?

Later this month ill be back on track.. I used AB at VIR last month and set new personal lap record. But there were other mods i had on too.

Andres did contact me and I was on the wrong clutch harness. After he corrected me all was good. I got the install and calibration complete with no problems!! Too bad it was pouring rain so I have not had a chance to test it :(

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Ran Auto Blip today at Lime Rock. Pete is gonna be mad at me for saying this but it works great and made my corner entry much more consistent. At Lime Rock ther really is only one downshift for our cars, braking from 130 to 65 entering Turn 1. It's 5-3 and I ran it going from 5-3 directly with no problem. Played around with the delay and duration for a few laps (felt like Schumacher adjusting brake bias at 150 mph) and got it set perfect to match my rhythm. Really great product for the track, for the street I really don't see any real use so think about what you plan to do before buying.

Tomorrow will post some pics and video of Pete and I roughing up some Porsches.
Steve

steveespo said:
Really great product for the track, for the street I really don't see any real use so think about what you plan to do before buying.

Tomorrow will post some pics and video of Pete and I roughing up some Porsches.
Steve

This is why I haven't. Maybe if I get bit by the track bug. But I'll still need to learn heel toe. Looking forward to the vid.

Steve - Nice to hear your vote of confidence with the AB as that reinforces my decision.

Rick - I have tried a couple of spots and had the same knee issues. Here is my latest location and I am liking it. At least for now, it is in an easy spot to adjust the settings. Maybe later on if I find I am not adjusting it much I will tuck it farther away.

photo_zpse9383375.jpg

I finally got a chance to use my Auto Blip at the track today and it worked flawless when I had a chance to use it. To no fault of the Auto Blip I had clutch problems and only got to use it for one session. It was one thing to try it on the academy cars at CVR but it was something else to use it in my Boss on my home track. I look forward to using it a full day at the track in the near future.

Ordered it today....How long does it typically take them to ship?

Got it today. Having it, brake pads, fluid change, and the evac system installed next. I'll give it a go at Homestead next Sat.

What settings do you find work best?

thebull said:
Got it today. Having it, brake pads, fluid change, and the evac system installed next. I'll give it a go at Homestead next Sat.

What settings do you find work best?

I use no delay, short duration but i shift fast and dont ride the clutch.

Installed and tried it yesterday. Seems pretty cool. I'll have better feedback after Saturday at homestead.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel