The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:
Ordered mine aug 8th got a tracking number today. I'm in no hurry. My car has been apart for weeks. And will be for at least another month
I ordered 2 on the 7th and no tracking number. So much for sending them out in the order they were received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys should cut Steve at Blowfish Racing some slack. This is a side business for him, one that he's hoping to make a full time job in the future, and he's doing his best to get his product out. He's a bit overwhelmed at the moment and I'm sure the bracket will be worth the wait.

This should help you chill out.

Explore-Yoga-Meditation-Tour-in-India.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
NFSBOSS said:
You guys should cut Steve at Blowfish Racing some slack. This is a side business for him, one that he's hoping to make a full time job in the future, and he's doing his best to get his product out. He's a bit overwhelmed at the moment and I'm sure the bracket will be worth the wait.

This should help you chill out.

Explore-Yoga-Meditation-Tour-in-India.jpg

No modifications needed on this model? LOL. ;D

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Seriously people! I won't let shiznit parts out and I'm chastised for it? Are you kidding me right now? You want to cancel your order, feel free to email me. I will be happy to pass your order along to the next guy.

I don't think some of you understand what kind of undertaking this was and continues to be. I tried to be informative, I tried to be apologetic, I tried to satisfy everyone's desired to have information on their orders. As was pointed out, this is a one man band...out of a garage no less. I have put my big boy pants on to tackle the immense growing pains that come with a business of this magnitude, but the slightest of compassion I can't see!

I just heard from Barton Sr today and he says he had this design 2 years ago and NOW wants a piece of the action?!. Yeah, we have all been suffering waiting for a solution to the problem and a major player has been sitting on it? WTF?! I set out to solve a problem that NOBODY wanted to tackle and I AM NOW THE BAD GUY?
Well, I came to the table to HELP US ALL, so at least I can go down a martyr!

Anyone who knows me knows I would sooner loose money than to see an unhappy customer, so I would appreciate some slack...from one enthusiast to another.

Some of you don't seem to understand the mountains that had to be moved to make this happen. I intend on not going on perpetual backorder, like the multi-million dollar company whiteline did last year. And so far, I have delivered. 34 people OUT OF 300 have to wait a weekend because the parts were not to my standards. Everyone else had to wait a few stupid, insignificant days, to get tracking numbers. Need I remind you THiS iS AN INITIAL LAUNCH! Edelbrock can't claim a zero issue launch....oh, and they also can't claim they sold as many of ANYTHING in as short a period as this! Seriously! I am not joking! I never expected this response and it goes to show that the issue is spread from near to far and I AM THE ONLY ONE TO COME TO YOUR RESCUE! Little ol' me!

Rant over. I just felt you should all know the PERSON you are dealing with when you deal with Blowfish Racing. May the shifting gods be ever in your favor!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Steve

If I hit a nerve, my apologies.

I am very happy to be one of the first to receive your kit. I also kick myself for not getting in on the Beta test.

For everyone to know. This is not the first time I have worked with Steve.

The first time Steve helped me with my gauge install. He did not sell me anything, he did give me good advise. No charge.

He saved me some money and made none.

Good business ethics do exist, Steve has them.

I know most of the posts here are either complementary or in Jest. Mine, I hope have been both.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way!! ;D

It looks like your new partner is just as anxious for your kit as everyone else.

Job well done!!!

Steve,
Thanks for doing this for all of us. Barton can kiss your tail lights. They have al the resources they need to have gotten this done 20 months ago if he thought of it two years ago... and you have the patent filed IIRC. And you got it done as one man. Unless he wants to alienate mustang customers he will not pursue it. Him and the others are probably just worried their sales will fall now for their shifters that don't solve the problem. Their placebos are getting served. Edit: I doubt their sales will decline by a whole lot. The stock shifter is still garbage. They made a lot of money selling shifters for Tremecs just because people wanted a shorter throw or replaced a worn stock shifter, etc.

Sorry if I came off as an ass. I understand you are swamped and doing what you can. I just kinda feel like the kid who was forgotten by Santa on Christmas. Lol. It's been a rough week and seeing posts on other forums of people who just ordered this week and have it already was getting to me.

Brandon302 said:
Is no one also going to commend Steve on the Hunger Games reference?

Was the reference in the movie, or book? Because I haven't read the book ::) Now I have to re-read his post to pick it up!

But everyone, chillax. Steve is not the type of person that would screw someone over. He does quality work with the passion of an enthusiast.
Serving 300+ people can be daunting, even for a large company with multiple team members. So, looking at the situation, he probably decided to get the parts moving instead of spending a little more time through emails at the moment, which he mentioned in a previous post.

...and that Barton move is just low...

Serenity Now!

Steve,

Ignore anyone not saying "Thank You" especially Barton SR, if they had it and didn't release it they should send all of us personal apology letters. I received my shipping notification yesterday and look forward to installing as soon as possible. wish you had not given rights to market to CJ quite so fast as there are at least a half dozen of my friends with Mustangs just waiting to see how this works on mine. If there is a turning point in a business that can be traced to one product intro I hope this is yours.

Thank you for taking the time a few weeks ago to explain the product to me over the phone (already ordered but a little buyers remorse), your sincerity had me showing the part for days online.

Jerry

skwerl

tree hugger
Another new member here who found his way over from s197forum in order to buy your bracket. I also got in on the preorder and I'm looking forward to getting this installed on my car.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
just a quick note and then back to work:

"reject" means the part did not meet quality standards and was returned to be reworked or remade to meet those standards. it does not mean your will receive a Goonies Sloth looking part. It means that you will receive quality parts, just the same as everyone else, just a couple days later.

look, i understand you have all waited a very long time and are getting impatient, but i have been nothing but honest and have always stated they would start shipping around labor day. i would have hoped for prior to labor day, but it is THE FIRST WEEK AFTER LABOR DAY and they are shipping! i consider that a HUGE victory! anyone who deals with vendors making product for you, knows they care little about your deadline. they don't even care about the date they promised you or the due date on the purchase order. they do it when they do it...unless they get some peckerhead calling them daily to ask how they are on schedule. that peckerhead was me and i am doing exactly what i said i would do. don't piss in my cornflakes and tell me i didn't get things done when promised. let me ride this high, knowing i made the impossible happen. is that too much to ask?

pufferfish said:

"reject" means the part did not meet quality standards and was returned to be reworked or remade to meet those standards. it does not mean your will receive a Goonies Sloth looking part. It means that you will receive quality parts, just the same as everyone else, just a couple days later.

look, i understand you have all waited a very long time and are getting impatient, but i have been nothing but honest and have always stated they would start shipping around labor day. i would have hoped for prior to labor day, but it is THE FIRST WEEK AFTER LABOR DAY and they are shipping! i consider that a HUGE victory! anyone who deals with vendors making product for you, knows they care little about your deadline. they don't even care about the date they promised you or the due date on the purchase order. they do it when they do it...unless they get some peckerhead calling them daily to ask how they are on schedule. that peckerhead was me and i am doing exactly what i said i would do. don't piss in my cornflakes and tell me i didn't get things done when promised. let me ride this high, knowing i made the impossible happen. is that too much to ask?

That is quite a lot to ask since we live in the time of instant gratification.

I'm all smiles driving home from Harrisburg with a bracket in the trunk. Taking the long and windy way back to Pittsburgh and enjoying the BOSS. I'm a problem solver! LOL

Tulsa, OK
pufferfish said:

Word. Some of y'all are crying and getting your panties in a wad about getting your hands on this product. I'm sure it's going to be great when you get it, but you've lived this long without it, what's another week or two?? Everyone knew it was a pre-order and wouldn't be shipping for a while. Like Puffer said, he has been true to his word this whole time and kept everyone in the loop. Bring it down a notch and be patient :)

My car will be going into hibernation in about 2 weeks, so I will let all those impatient people get all worked up now and just order mine in the spring. I'm amazed how fast Steve got this thing going from beta testers to shipping. Way to go Steve. This company NEEDS someone to design a Super hero character for its logo. You saved the day for real for many of us, and probably helped keep origional BOSS owners numbers from declining even more than it already has.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel