The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugga rama around here today!....dew pts in the 70's..temps near 90...I'm a winter baby!..Maybe bad storms later with heavy rain, lighting and high winds...maybe hail to the chief...............Boss smiling in the garage...a lot cooler down there.............

I was born here and I'll stay here...4 seasons....Brutal snowy, icy winter....Pleasant rainy Spring...Hot muggy summer and cooler leaf raking Fall.....pick your poison and enjoy....if there's a land that enjoys low 80's and low humidity year long, put me on the waiting list to move there.Canada would fit the bill for a few months before their winter kicked in.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I like the variety of seasons we have, I think it would be boring to have the same weather all year. I'd never been out of the great white north during the winter until Jan this year when I went south for a week. Winters are usually shorter now than they used to be and it's only really nasty with freezing rain. Snow is no big deal, we have tires for that and ice racing can be a ton of fun. This really hot muggy weather we're having now is worse than having snow! Well, not really, but sticky humid heat is not a lot of fun either.

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Bob, clearing snow is never fun but..... Snow Blower makes it a hell of a lot easier!

I used to have 4WD 'ute DD but I found it was overkill, pay more for it up front, pay more for fuel and repairs and you might need 4WD a couple of times a year. Went to a 2WD FWD smaller 'ute and with snow tires I've yet to have a problem. But then again, these days I can pick and choose when I go out, a year ago that wasn't the case and 4WD was really necessary.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Looks nice to me, I'm paying $1.399 a litre for 91! That's $5.30 a US gallon in Canadian micro dollars which I think is $4.04 in USD? We had been paying less than a buck a litre for regular about 3 months ago, now we're paying $1.25 partly due to a new carbon tax and of course petroleum companies add on a touch for themselves at the same time. Go figure. A country with massive petroleum resources but no way to move them, thanks to the enviro nuts, virtue signalling politicians and a massive NIMBY culture.

Supply and demand keeps the ball rolling.The oil industry doesn't want to price themselves out of a livelihood, even tho they do sometymes just to show they can. I will never forget the gas crisis we had in the 70's ...what a nightmare that was!!!!!!!!!

I see the Saturday crew starting to appear.Another stellar summer weekend on tap around Ct...sun with temps mid to upper 80's.Haven't had the AC in the window,in the summer,for a few yrs now since Son got me that BIG flat screen TV....It blocks the air flow...:(.........fans come in handy when I need to cool down...Hon never liked AC to begin with.......She may have something to do with this?

TMO Supporting Vendors