The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well just to keep the thread alive.... Some minor mods to the exhaust setup and then off to the paint shop at last.. Not much to do since we are once again in a city wide total lockdown, lucky for me the paint shop is close to the garage so they can sneak it in. really looking forward to putting the rest of the Boss 302 decals on and leaving the hood with a wrap again. Every time I see a pic of the car I feel guilty for neglecting the aesthetics.

My main competitor is a dratted e90 m3 thats stripped out and with a super charger. He beats me on the straights, so, from the goodness of my heart hehehe... I am helping him get a big wing (another wang). Now he will lose a little straight line speed.:cool:

Wanted to re-log the car and get Shaun to take a peak to see if he can squeak a little more out of the beast. Pretty much decided to upgrade the oil pump to the Hi pressure Melling unit next time we change the timing chain. Maybe the electric water pump as well. Would really like to see 480rwhp.

Stay safe everyone!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The Cayman GT4 cars are definitely beatable with the Boss.... Not so sure about the GT3 though... With the Caymans, as long as I am in front on the grid, they cannot beat me on the corner exits or straights. But the GT3 is faster just about everywhere. The M3 does not have the grip or brakes of my Boss, so if I can keep up with him on the straights then I can get him in the corners... Still lots of people can't believe that stick axle mustang can handle better then the M3.

One of our Mustang club members put Nitro on his car... Now he can out accelerate the GT3, but at what cost.... its a stock internals 2013 GT with 420 rwhp, add the 100 shot of nitrous and it makes for a (temporarily) fast car. Am pretty sure he will be having a melt down soon.

Bought a used passenger side door to strip out and leave for track use. Now just looking for a drivers side one as well.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well, we actually are moving out of total shut down on tuesday, and with luck we might hit the tracks in a month or so. Looks like we will have about 20 cars for the first race. Now we have a line up of 2 Cayman GT4 718 (982) and 3 Cayman GT4 Clubsports. So I am stick somewhere in the middle of 5 little crocs! Hope that I am not too rusty when we finally hit the pavement (Delta variant permitting). Have not gone to the track in quite a while, With a bit of luck might get a test day before hand and get a racer360 video to help out with the new track layout. Fingers crossed that we will have time to paint the front of the car and put the Boss stripes on before the race time.... if not, will just go ugly as is.

A friend asked me to test a Chinese slick at cost, they come in 300/680-18 and are about half the price of a set of Hoosiers. Will give them a try to see how they do for research purposes.. The taller height will interesting.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well we have a potential race this coming Wed, thats if Covid conditions allow. Waiting to hear today if they will allow a race with upto 50 cars max. At least things are looking up now. Once they started vaccinating the under 25 year-olds, the overall infection rate dropped down to less then 5%. Pain in the ass that curfew conditions still don't allow for weekend races.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Well we have a potential race this coming Wed, thats if Covid conditions allow. Waiting to hear today if they will allow a race with upto 50 cars max. At least things are looking up now. Once they started vaccinating the under 25 year-olds, the overall infection rate dropped down to less then 5%. Pain in the ass that curfew conditions still don't allow for weekend races.
Man, I am so over all this Covid shiznit.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I wish it was over too!, but thats life. F$^% bug has totally screwed the world over multiple times.

Just got word that the local Covid rules will change,.... the day after the race, so that blew up our plans..... Feeling dismal...maybe 20 or so of us might be allowed to have a track day to get some rust off.

At least next phase allows for large gatherings if the are all vaccinated. Can barely wait to try out the car again.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I wish it was over too!, but thats life. F$^% bug has totally screwed the world over multiple times.

Just got word that the local Covid rules will change,.... the day after the race, so that blew up our plans..... Feeling dismal...maybe 20 or so of us might be allowed to have a track day to get some rust off.

At least next phase allows for large gatherings if the are all vaccinated. Can barely wait to try out the car again.
We were having races all year but only one driver and one support person per car and you had to wear masks the whole time. Better than not racing but still sucked. Now we're pretty open, spectators etc. are allowed again but we are still supposed to wear masks....but participation in the mask department is low....so hopefully its over soon. I'm sick of it.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well at last we have a more definitive plan, we go back to a full track events with public as of August (up to 1000 people), But only for those with a complete vaccination certificates (here its with a QR code and the whole 9 yards). We will try to have a race every second weekend so we can still have some sort of a championship. Just enough time to get the car into the paint shop and have it looking like a Boss again.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well at last we have a more definitive plan, we go back to a full track events with public as of August (up to 1000 people), But only for those with a complete vaccination certificates (here its with a QR code and the whole 9 yards). We will try to have a race every second weekend so we can still have some sort of a championship. Just enough time to get the car into the paint shop and have it looking like a Boss again.
Glad to hear it....post pics and vids!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good luck if the race is still on tomorrow.
F$^% bug has totally screwed the world over multiple times.
Yeah, but it’s the people and governments that really did the screwing up. With our resources in the states, we should be done here…and moving on to helping the rest of the world.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
sorry Chris, My bad.....................................................
Not to worry Bob. I'm being a little extra cautious with some of the hot button topics in an effort to avoid toxic spills from cluttering our aisles from the ongoing culture wars that are dominating the headlines and social media landscapes, especially in threads like this where they obviously don't need to be taking up space. Apologies if some feel I'm being too restrictive.

TMO Supporting Vendors