The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
My favorite pass of the day.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA319bNAqKo
This guy just about took me out....but then took himself out.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Awesome race, that thing comes off the corner like jack the rat, good job!
I love racing in other countries, I have no idea what the announcers were saying, but you could tell they were getting into it.
Give me some info on the Dunlops, I'm not familiar with them, but I can dig around. I was on the "Dunlop deal" back in my karting days.
Looking for some code or info on these tires but not much to see so far...they are the rear tires for the 911 Gt3 Cup series. I think they will last longer with 4 degrees of camber up front.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
4 degrees of camber, heck how much do you have now??
usually -3.5. This time had too rush and could only get -3.... No enough. Zero toe and 3.5 gives your slicks a long life!! I think these dunlops will need a little more... They also run with 24psi hot!

Bill, saw a mach 1 here at the track on Sunday, but it was ejected for pulling 100db on the track!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One of the " Blessings" of living in the Midwest is that 103 -105 decibels seems to be the upper limit allowed at many tracks, so the Mach 1 should do just fine in Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri. My favorite sign is at Motorsports Park Hastings where the Fast Ford and Mustang Roundup is held ( Sept. 16-18 ). They have a big sign on the side of one of the storage buildings near the paddock and it has a sound decibel limit sign with a big " Ghostbusters " circle with the crossed line going through it. I am sure some of the radical Stangs that show up for the killer event are exceeding 103 decibels, but it is simply music to the ears of those friendly folks from Hastings!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well I lost my appeal and am a Unsportsmanlike driver.....Got knocked down from 2nd to 5th place. You can't see it in the video but the GT4 Clubsport had to swerve to avoid hitting me... I think he did not see me coming or he would not have left the barn door open.

Who cares the Girls are gone already and the Porsche driver knows he's a boob.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
He had to swerve because he is clueless and does not watch his mirrors......................wow, up here in the US of A he would have gotten a penalty for not being aware of his surroundings! We like you even more , now , you dirty Merican bully driver!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Naw RES, the Country song would be, " The boobs are gone but I just found another!"

Or in German , to the tune of the Beer Barrel Polka , " Du bist eine Bruste, und ich bestanden du , du kleine titten!"

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Well I lost my appeal and am a Unsportsmanlike driver.....Got knocked down from 2nd to 5th place. You can't see it in the video but the GT4 Clubsport had to swerve to avoid hitting me... I think he did not see me coming or he would not have left the barn door open.

Who cares the Girls are gone already and the Porsche driver knows he's a boob.
Well that sucks 😡

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ja schure, yu gotz Benz'd ober fur schure!

Sorry , it was just there for the taking Rob...........you do seem to do much besser mit Amerikanischer autos.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Whoa, wait a minute , there was no protest from the Porsche driver nor did he complain?! If that is the case you need to get the driver's together and form your own committee. This is completely bogus that there was no complaint, yet you got penalized. Who knows who it will happen to next time, but you need to take some kind of action as this explains a lot. No issue at all, just a vindictive judge. Boy, this makes SCCA and NASA rules seem super fair and reasonable. Now we understand why you got robbed!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors