The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I believe the technical term for that power with that simple system is........Daaaaaamn.
Very nice.
I need to put together a shopping list and get my parts together. I would rather replace the engine in the Boss BEFORE adding windows in the block.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I believe the technical term for that power with that simple system is........Daaaaaamn.
Very nice.
I need to put together a shopping list and get my parts together. I would rather replace the engine in the Boss BEFORE adding windows in the block.
Looks like we have a tried and true recipe. Sal must be having his on a dyno soon. Am guessing the e85 will add some more hp.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Well the car went to the dyno, but due to time etc, I went with the extremely heavy old Boss wheels instead of the apex track setup. Did not seem to matter much as the car made more HP then I thought it would, or could. Very happy with the engine work and tune from Shaun at AED, and in a totally street-able monster car.. And a special shout out to @Fabman for steering me out of the engine blues and getting me to have this motor built right! Time to go get some Porsches.... Boy this car is fast! Let me know if anyone wants to know the results. Any guesses?
Not bad for a stock motor with port job. All those little tricks we talked about do add up. Same with the simple oiling mods making these motors last.
There’s a lesson in here somewhere. ;)
Congratulations Mathew, you deserve it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Looks like we have a tried and true recipe. Sal must be having his on a dyno soon. Am guessing the e85 will add some more hp.
I have a couple extra little little tricks, might make a pinch more hp but internally it’s the exact same motor. On the other hand, it might make a pinch less….guess we’ll see soon enough.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My mechanic is trying to get me to switch to E85 but at the moment I am wary of making any more changes... (do I need more hp??) Lots of other things need to be done first. Need a new splitter, ducting and controlling the air to the radiator etc etc.... the list goes on and on.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Driving back home from the Dyno... I was struck that here I am, stuck in rush hour, driving a car with over 600hp at the motor and it feels like a sporty but normal car....

Got a trackday at a small track on sunday. Looking forward to seeing what the car can do! Its a small slow track so will work on the splitter after this weekend, wont be going much over 190kph. Got the huge 4" brake ducts in and so far they are not rubbing much... Will have to do some better ducting in the future. Looks like I will get myself a 3d printer for my Bday, have tons of stuff to make for the car.

My mechanic is trying to get me to switch to E85 but at the moment I am wary of making any more changes... (do I need more hp??) Lots of other things need to be done first. Need a new splitter, ducting and controlling the air to the radiator etc etc.... the list goes on and on.

If I could get E85 more easily I would absolutely run it. More power and runs cooler. Not often you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Also congrats on 520whp, that's quite a few stallions.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
One week from today.....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
If I could get E85 more easily I would absolutely run it. More power and runs cooler. Not often you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Also congrats on 520whp, that's quite a few stallions.
And also about 1/3 the cost of race gas.

TMO Supporting Vendors