The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
MyLaps data just posted, I scored another Track Record in ST2 during Saturday's race, only to have it stolen away by my buddy and primary competitor in ST2 on Sunday's race...by six hundredths of a second. :) Oh well :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Grant 302 said:
A record lap is a record lap, even if it only stands for 24 hours! Congrats!

So how about some footage?

Gotta scroll back 1 page :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
I would just like to update this and say that my VCT solenoid and pigtail update was successful, the engine is now fully back in-action and going STRONG.

I also ran a new personal best at this same track this weekend by almost a full second.

Here are videos from Sunday's race:

Video from Sunday's race, my perspective:
http://youtu.be/JejRtKN6xc8

Video of the same race from the guy trying to catch me:
http://youtu.be/7gMYvVjCDMs

We are racing this same track (yet again) this coming weekend with another track org out here in AZ (ProAutosports). More videos to come!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Grant 302 said:
Looking good...very composed under the pressure.

There's more room for improvement there, but LeMons really helped with that, I think. Didn't feel anxious at all out there after being on-track with 160+ cars at LeMons.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Great action and good work! 8)

Did I see that right...you used 2nd gear around the 2 minute mark to keep the first truck behind you? Do you think you could have caught the black truck if you had another lap or two? Looked like it to me.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
AZBoss
Nice run, I really enjoyed that race vid. Gosh, that race truck had some power on the straight, and it made me wonder about the weight of that truck. Was this a stripped down truck that had a big weight advantage on you and the Boss?

Again, nice job, and thank you for posting.
Regards,
302 Hi Pro

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That truck is a tube frame deal that has about 1000lbs weight advantage on me plus wider tires...he is about 2 seconds a lap faster than me and started from the back of the pack every race just to keep himself from getting bored. I might have caught him if his engine blew up lol

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Well, it was an interesting weekend at INDE Motorsports Ranch. Ran slower than my usual competition all weekend, crashed my car on Saturday but it still drives fine, then managed to go from 8th to 4th overall on Sunday and won my class due to one much faster competitor DNS and the other crashing well behind me. Gotta get some body work done and a wing installed but all will be well soon enough. Car already dropped off at the body shop as of this morning.

Pics and Video:

mOcK4XY.png

klgIDAa.png

xrmj7Yo.png

I7sVsH4.png

Race video: Great start w/ crappy end:

Also a couple of my buddies that are photographers and videographers joined us for the weekend, there will be some really cool footage coming soon!

Downside of all this is I am scrapping my plans to hit Thunderhill and Sonoma in early June, but I'm definitely still in for Laguna Seca at the end of July.

Last edited:
Ouch. Did your tow hook break off in the accident or from use?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Andy: Yeah--I was thinking of your incident as we cut the mangled bumper cover off with a sawzall. :)

Rick: It broke off in the impact, it was actually stuck to the valence about 6" to the right. I laughed when I saw it. Bracket and bumper beam are still completely intact so I'll just order another hook and away we go!

And for those wondering, I was not hurt at all in this incident--very good.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Thanks, guys! And Neema--yes, I will be at Laguna for sure!

Update on Cam Sensor stuff--the solenoids and harness ends are the same as what's on Tucson 302's car--so if yours fail and you don't want to spend $$$$$$ on a PRS harness, upgrade to the 2013 parts.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel