The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Grant 302 said:
I appreciate your 'no f* around' attitude towards your build and now repair of your car! 8)

Sometimes you just gotta roll (not literally, I hope) with the punches. :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Body shop is lagging a bit but we've arranged to pick up the car on Thursday AM followed by wing install Thursday afternoon...SOON

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Got her back from body today. She is beautiful again, like it never happened. Looks naked w/o the decals but those are all waiting to go on on Monday. Race shop installing wing tomorrow AM.

ZukaAbb.png

cQED2ui.png

Also they re-sprayed my Tiger hood to get rid of all the rock chips, but this time I have a clearbra for it to keep it nice, and shaved all the LS spoiler holes on the trunk.

BxEBKCe.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
boss man said:
WILL YOU BE INSTALLING THE REAR TOW HOOK.

Yes, if you look closely you can see the hole for it in the lower rear valence. The hook itself is waiting in my garage, but the receiver bracket is already in-place on the bumper beam.

ArizonaBOSS said:
One more...

10485660_785563008141874_5633422989131111898_n.jpg
Very nice job!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
Nice BMO stickers I mean nice wing! I'm curious to see if you can feel the improved downforce and if it translates into faster lap times.

:)

I'm curious how it will feel as well--but I'm getting killed by lighter cars on high-speed tracks like Chuckwalla, I'm hoping this helps close the gap. Also will be able to test it out at Miller next week and Laguna in July.
I have the wing angle of attack pretty shallow, it's almost "flat". There are a lot of adjustment holes to play with.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
If you think CVR is high speed wait until you drive Thunderhill. ;D

We are due to sign up for the LeMons race there in September pretty soon! It's gonna be the full 5-miles. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel