The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Owners Package arrived.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got mine last night! It was pretty cool. So far I am liking the key chain and the posters. Havent watched the videos yet. This is a way better owners package then what I got with my 04 Cobra.

PTRocks said:
There has been no stated reason, other than they elected not to participate. Therefore everyone is concluding that they are being cheap.

Note that there IS a package going to owners of the Canadian cars, but all it contains is the certificate. No, video, book, key chain, posters, voucher.
It is not aboot being cheap, it is a scam, a rip off. Ford is not giving anything away and it is not free. The fact is we all paid for it when we bought the car, TA and owners package was included in the price.

If Ford of Canada is not going to give you something you paid for then a refund is in order. I agree with many here that class action suits over every little detail (like saying the rear calipers are 4 piston) are stupid. In this case I feel a law suit for return of the cost of the Track Attack is justified and you can add in the owners package.

It is a shame that many of the cars will not be documented because of Ford of Canada.

BossJockey said:
Anybody call Ford Racing yet to see about getting the gloves if we have already been to Track Attack?
What exactly does the coupon state? Has anyone confirmed if the new gloves have BTA on them?

I purchased my BOSS 1 month ago (used) from the original selling Ford Dealer. Just got off the phone w/SVT and was told the package goes to the original owner so as the second owner I'll have to contact the original owner. When inquiring if I can get a kit I was told "maybe at a later date or I may be able to get just the certificate." Great!

Received a reply form Ford of Canada Customer relations this afternoon. The basic run around ,she gave me a phone number for Ford Performance in the U.S.
All they told me is info we already have ,Ford of Canada opted not to partake.

My written letter is on the way to Ford Headquarters in Oakville.

Its such a trivial thing but it pisses me off.

BOSSOFME said:
I purchased my BOSS 1 month ago (used) from the original selling Ford Dealer. Just got off the phone w/SVT and was told the package goes to the original owner so as the second owner I'll have to contact the original owner. When inquiring if I can get a kit I was told "maybe at a later date or I may be able to get just the certificate." Great!
Welcome to BMO. There's a kit for sale on ebay and it's for car #202. If that's your car hit the BIN before someone else does.

BLAZN BOSS

Looks like 100 serial numbers per day............I'm 1523...............end of the month maybe.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Wow.... so my CO will be like 500th built as I'm 686. Hopefully get it sometime this week. And just for clarification, it sounds like some of the stuff is a little different than what was first reported. Is that true or am I just misreading? It's been a little while since I've been on the site.

2012YellowBoss said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Looks like the packages for Boss 302's went out and at least one has been delivered. Let's see if Gary or Scott receive theirs tomorrow.

Yea, I got mine today, dam number 5 had to be Yellow :mad:
CIMG2566.jpg

Surprised nobody else mentioned the coupon for two free Hoosiers ???

Are you serious about the Hoosier coupon??
I'd really like to know.
If real, this is an incredible gift from Hoosier. (at almost $400/ea for rears)

Here is some Hoosier tire info from Jeff Spears at Hoosier:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Lee,
Thanks for your patience awaiting a reply. Hoosier Tire does offer several tire sizes for 19” wheels in our Sports Car DOT tire lineup.

You are welcome to view them here: http://www.hoosiertire.com/specrr.htm

If you wanted to run our GT slicks, then you would have to purchase 18” wheels.

My recommendation:

Front: Item 46925 – P265/35ZR-19 R6(Tread Width – 9.6”)

Rear: Item 46935 – P295/30ZR-19 R6(Tread Width – 10.4”)

Write me if you have any more questions and if you need a contact to purchase these tires.

Jeffrey A. Speer
Product Manager

65465 US Hwy 31
Lakeville, IN 46536
www.hoosiertire.com
Phone: 574-784-3152
Fax: 574-784-2385
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Also, I've been looking into track wheels for the LS & I like the FRPP:

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2010_BOSS_302R_BBS_LIGHTWEIGHT_WHEEL_18X10_p/m-1007-r1810.htm

2010 BOSS 302R BBS LIGHTWEIGHT WHEEL 18X10 -- M-1007-R1810
Fits 2010 BOSS 302R Race Car for Grand-Am Competition
18"x10" size
Fits front and rear
5/8" wheel studs required
Weight 20-21 lbs
5-lug, 4.5-inch bolt circle
7.2-inch backspacing

This looks like a nice relatively light wheel at a good price, ...however, the stud requirement is 5/8" and I believe the LS has 1/2" wheel studs.

Anyone have a solution? I suppose it is a dumb question with an obvious outcome:
- either/or, but can't run stock wheels for street & FRP's for track...

Just thought to ask.

Also, has anyone experienced oil starvation running slicks or other large tire packages?

Thanks.

(This forum is excellent)

Well looks like the packages are going out like my contact said, hope to get mine soon.
I did not ask him where it was in list, did not want to slow down process.

TMO Supporting Vendors