The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Owners Package arrived.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss1309 said:
Hey PT Rocks

I thought Canadians were not getting the package

He got his in the US, better question is I thought Canada was crime free?

Have a friend here in town that received his and the outer box was undamaged by UPS but the inner box was crushed, oh well, doing 4000 boxes I guess someone got tired.

Just got mine yesterday, which was a pleasant surprise! Watched the video last night with my kids who now call the Boss not just "daddy's car" but now also the "racing car" :)

I just want to send out a big thank you to Larry and Sally Trout for helping out this Canadian and sending me the boss book. You are a true gentleman.
Piero

1008 Arrived today....... Kinda.

I live at 1234 boss mustang lane (faux addy) and UPS delivered it to 1234 boss gt street. Lady at that address was nice enough to look up a relatives phone number and leave a message.

Ford sent it to the right address, UPS delivered it to the wrong address.

[youtube]DhmjJCBQ-cA[/youtube]

:)

Picked it up after work today. Sweet.

RichP

#1237 Came in today! I have to say it's a good kit, however I wish it was more color specific to what you purchased.

Boss Owners Kit was in a Red 302 package, posters were of that of the Red and Black Boss. Nice to know what the birthdate of your car is and the color # it was when it rolled of the line. Overall I am pleased and know many of you will be too. ENJOY!

"wrong color???" :-\
I realize that many will protest that $50K, or so for a car is not "inexpensive."
However consider that one must usually spend $100K & up with makers that include AUDI, Porsche, etc. before receiving the "white glove" (Blue Velvet??) treatment.
Not to be negative, but I am amazed Ford has taken the trouble to create a nice kit for such an "inexpensive" (but beautifully executed) car.
Maybe if we complain enough they'll agree that the idea was a mistake not to be repeated.

over the years have seen many Ford owner gifts, from lawn chairs, to tool kits, to the TBird book and the Ford GT book. This is one of the best if not the best thought out and delivered, everything from video to book to #smatching keyring

Congrats to Ford Performance Parts for putting this together and congrats to all the owners who get to drive the awesome Boss the kit pays homage to.

boss2012 said:
over the years have seen many Ford owner gifts, from lawn chairs, to tool kits, to the TBird book and the Ford GT book. This is one of the best if not the best thought out and delivered, everything from video to book to #smatching keyring

Congrats to Ford Performance Parts for putting this together and congrats to all the owners who get to drive the awesome Boss the kit pays homage to.

Agreed & agreed.
..Too grumpy to get excited about key fobs or leather portfolios, except from Ford which carries a serial number.
Sounds nice.

- Not to mention the Miller invite which I will accept.

2012YellowBoss said:
Boss1309 said:
Hey PT Rocks

I thought Canadians were not getting the package

He got his in the US, better question is I thought Canada was crime free?

Have a friend here in town that received his and the outer box was undamaged by UPS but the inner box was crushed, oh well, doing 4000 boxes I guess someone got tired.

I live in a colourful neighbourhood. Most of the action minus the shootings.

I thought I had read somewhere that one could get the Mustang Boss 302 book written by Donald Farr signed? Can anyone shine some light on the matter?

Thanks!

I purchased my Boss in the U.S as well . A Ford Racing rep. told me that I was not on the list to receive the package. Has anyone heard other than that for us Canadians who bought in the States.

Boss1309 said:
I purchased my Boss in the U.S as well . A Ford Racing rep. told me that I was not on the list to receive the package. Has anyone heard other than that for us Canadians who bought in the States.

This would truly suck.

lbp said:
However consider that one must usually spend $100K & up with makers that include AUDI, Porsche, etc. before receiving the "white glove" (Blue Velvet??) treatment.

Not to be negative, but I am amazed Ford has taken the trouble to create a nice kit for such an "inexpensive" (but beautifully executed) car.

Maybe if we complain enough they'll agree that the idea was a mistake not to be repeated.

Average new car price is about 30K, so 40.3K for a “Base” Boss 302 isn’t so bad………

Ford is/was under no obligation to send out the owners of their products any thank you packages.

Did the owners of the GT500 / Mach 1 / Cobra ever get anything close to this? No.

Well, If it was an SVT Product you could get a Certificate………..

To the Canadians, I'm sorry you don't get this, but Ford is Global and Ford Canada opted out, email and send letters to Ford Canada and complain………..Maybe next time they’ll think twice.

Let’s just be thankful Ford is building cars like the Boss and not like the Mustang II, which BTY sold in the hundreds of thousands each year……………………

1974 - 385,993

Yeah, that’s it! We should talk with Ford and let them know they should do what’s best for them.

Maybe if they build something like the 1974 Mustang II more people would buy them.

Gee, wouldn’t that be nice………….

BAZINGA

Boss_302 said:
Well, If it was an SVT Product you could get a Certificate………..

To the Canadians, I'm sorry you don't get this, but Ford is Global and Ford Canada opted out, email and send letters to Ford Canada and complain………..Maybe next time they’ll think twice.

Exactly.

BLAZN BOSS

SANTA IN A BROWN SUIT JUST SHOWED UP!!! BOSS OWNERS PACKAGE #1523 JUST SHOWED UP! NO DAMAGE.............THANKS FORD! THIS SHOULD SOLIDIFY TO EVERYONE NOW THAT YOU HAVE A CAR THAT WILL APPRICATE IN VALUE!

I'm not blaming Ford for anything , I love my Boss and its sits well beside my 3 other Fords. I am just ticked off at Ford Canada.

I'm sure that if it were the other way around and the U.S Boss owners didn't receive the package you would be pissed as well. The fact that previous Mustang models didn't have any such a package means nothing , they are offering it now on the Boss.

All my e-mails and letters have been sent perhaps the owners of the 2013 Boss will benefit from it.

mustang920 said:
I just want to send out a big thank you to Larry and Sally Trout for helping out this Canadian and sending me the boss book. You are a true gentleman.
Piero

Piero,
Got your book mailed out today. Won't get there in time, but Merry Christmas!

On another note, I did see on another forum where a Canadian owner did receive the number specific document, the one that tells you when,where & what # your Boss is.

A white box with a return address from Ford Motor Company, particularly the Ford Performance Group, arrived on my doorstep this evening.

What is inside again? If it comes with the Boss 302 book I just bought my father for Christmas, then that was a waste of $30... lol. I can always return it.

Since my father doesn't even know too much about the package, I put it under the tree for Xmas. Man, he's getting spoiled this year. Bought some Boss 302 models: a 1/24th scale 2012 Boss 302 from Maisto (available only in Orange and Blue, so I bought an Orange one); and a 1/24th scale 1970 Boss 302 in the dark blue that he had back in the 80s (not sure what the color was called, it was somewhat darker than the Grabber Blue, I think). He currently already has a 1/24th scale 1969 Boss 302 in the Yellow like Parnelli Jones' car was (again, not sure of the actual color name).

In addition to those scale models, I picked up the aforementioned Boss 302 book, and went to several stores looking for the Hot Wheels version of the Black/Red Laguna Seca that is currently in HW's 2012 New Models mainline. Finally found a whole crapload in a Hot Wheels "bin of death" at a local Walmart (apparently, the stock people just opened a brand-new box of Hot Wheels and carefully placed them in a 3 foot x 3 foot by 5 foot "bin" so there were literally hundreds of cars in the bin.) I bought 2 of the Laguna Secas, one for my dad for his stocking, and one for myself (a Hot Wheels collector, sort of).

All in all, I think this is a good year to be a Mustang fan, aside from the transmission problems plaguing the standard V6 Mustang.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel