The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan, it sounds like you've gone above and beyond. I don't see anyone here criticizing your efforts personally. If you've been able to satisfy all the folks who got a hold of you, that's great. I wish I had been able to deal with you. Unfortunately, the two people I did deal with, as far as I can tell as of right now, have done absolutely nothing to assist me in reserving my BTA. I'm not impressed because I've got absolutely no customer service from MMP for what I perceive to be a pretty basic business transaction.

If MMP is overworked and there is bitter feeling there for BTA, then your folks should be taking their concerns to the person (s) who agreed with FMC to provide this benefit. There is no way - and I mean no way - anyone there at MMP should be peeved at the Boss Owners. We, like you, are simply trying to do what we've been told to do. I'm pretty sure you can personally understand that those of us who have not found this to be a professional transaction have every right to be disappointed.

By all means please continue to do your part - with what you say you've put into it, I'd say you're the type of guy we all expected we would have been dealing with there.

8)

jeepinocala said:
I watched a few vids of track day on youetube do you think they will allow passing like ive raced all my life and if I get on that track there is no telling me going all out I am sure they may even decide to kick me out of there I am very very competitive. Do they let you race eachother?

On the first day they allow limited passing. If you stay for the 2nd day you can pass in several designated areas with a signal. It's not a race but you'll have a great time! If you want to race the Ford School there has a program where you can eventually race an FR500S.

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...

jimprw said:
Bryan, it sounds like you've gone above and beyond. I don't see anyone here criticizing your efforts personally. If you've been able to satisfy all the folks who got a hold of you, that's great. I wish I had been able to deal with you. Unfortunately, the two people I did deal with, as far as I can tell as of right now, have done absolutely nothing to assist me in reserving my BTA. I'm not impressed because I've got absolutely no customer service from MMP for what I perceive to be a pretty basic business transaction.

If MMP is overworked and there is bitter feeling there for BTA, then your folks should be taking their concerns to the person (s) who agreed with FMC to provide this benefit. There is no way - and I mean no way - anyone there at MMP should be peeved at the Boss Owners. We, like you, are simply trying to do what we've been told to do. I'm pretty sure you can personally understand that those of us who have not found this to be a professional transaction have every right to be disappointed.

By all means please continue to do your part - with what you say you've put into it, I'd say you're the type of guy we all expected we would have been dealing with there.

8)

Just to clarify...no one at MMP is peeved at anyone who comes to drive or ride at MMP whether through BTA or any of our other programs. For myself the frustration isn't ever with the individual, more the process we are forced to deal with. When you are juggling a few hundred people at once it's never efficient. I chose to get all my guys on the calendar first, but this delays telling them what they got, collecting payments, etc. This gets more people their first or at worst second choice dates and is the better choice than finishing everything but losing the prime dates to others signing up. It isn't perfect and has frustrated some, but a few days delay are forgotten when you get to be here when you want.

This was exaggerated with traveling as much as I did recently...I hoped to hear from more of my guys prior to leaving and sure enough there was little opportunity to deal with BTA while I was away...some emails on 3 of the evenings was about it. Even tonight after returning most of the guys are east coast and that made calling many of them too late. I'm finally going to bed...it's 2 am...we'll wrap everything up soon and get you all to bragging about what a great time you had...

;D

Track Attack Update -

I remained patient and Dan finalized my reservation for the dates I wanted in the last couple of days. Paid for my extras over the phone and I'm good to go - reserved for April 10th and 11th. It maybe was a little disconcerting that it took almost two weeks to get my dates "in the book", but patience did pay off and the guys at MMP accommodated me, just as I thought they would.

Can't wait to go! :)

Dieselrocket I will see you there. I have 4/10-feed 4/11-speed. Are you bring taking the Boss there? I'm thinking about it I have some friends in Arizona. I'm out here in Jacksonville, FL.

Thanks Bryan for setting me up!!!!!!

Augie 8)

Did Joe brake deep enough for you?

BossJockey, Was TRACKEY enabled on that BOSS you took that lap in? It sounded pretty much like mine does without the TRACKEY. I didn't notice the harder engine deaccelleration for one thing.Maybe it's just one of those "have to be there" things.

302BOB said:
BossJockey, Was TRACKEY enabled on that BOSS you took that lap in? It sounded pretty much like mine does without the TRACKEY. I didn't notice the harder engine deaccelleration for one thing.Maybe it's just one of those "have to be there" things.

Yes TracKey was active in that video. I don't think you would notice the increase in engine braking in that video. If Joe wasn't on the gas he was on the brakes. :D

302BOB said:
TK has been installed and used on all the MMP Boss cars from the beginning in August.

Little review for everyone going or planning on going, especially if you are thinking about the second day

Day one East track
Great time and experience! Did some heel toe exercises, skid pad exercises, and some on track analysis. We then moved on to some lead follow and then some track time with ride along instructors, and then solo.

All the exercises were great. Lots of good stuff to learn and/or refresh.
On track analysis very cool to see what we should be looking for b4 driving the track.
Lead follow and ride along was great to see the perfect line
Solo was good to for some track time, practicing and working on what we learned.

Then a hot lap by an instructor to see what these cars are really capable of!

Go Ford!! What a great program and opportunity for all Boss owners. Classroom sessions were good. The instructors were very knowledgable, and helpful.everyone was nice and wanted us to become better track drivers!

Day Two West track
I feel like I wasted my money and I know one of the guys that did the FR500S felt the same way.

Two trips around the track in a van to go over the Track and corners.

1 lead follow

3 solo sessions (instructors were optional)
I lost 1/2 of 1 of my solo sessions because my car locked me out of all gears. I had to pull off the track at the end of the front straight, then nurse it back into the pit

There were class discussions between our track times

4 - 20 minute sessions??? Really? For $900 or $1600 in a FR500S. I feel that's a little expensive and had I known, I would not have opted for the second day. I'm posting this so everyone can see exactly what they are going to get and then decide if it's worth it to them and not go home feeling a little cheated.

I've still not got any confirmation of anythng...going on three weeks I think. Starting to rethink now if it is worth the cost to get there, hotel etc. Plus, clearly MMP isn't very interested in having me there. On the fence right now. Pretty disappointing from my view.

Anyone going in Sept. ? I have dates for the 6th BTA and the 7th Utah wide open. I have purchased a ticket for my son to drive as well. As stated in a previous conversation this would be a great opportunity for some bonding with my son considering we are in 2 different cities.

He has no clue that he will get to drive a total surprise. 8)

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...

jimprw said:
I've still not got any confirmation of anythng...going on three weeks I think. Starting to rethink now if it is worth the cost to get there, hotel etc. Plus, clearly MMP isn't very interested in having me there. On the fence right now. Pretty disappointing from my view.

I know you aren't working with me at MMP or I would have found your email address in my list, unless you have a different one listed here. If you are working with someone else and you know who he is just call him. Personally I have requested those I'm working with to contact me at their leisure (I obviously work late...call whenever) and allow me to confirm their date as they give me payment info.

I have sent no less than 4 of these requests and called each person once or twice who is on the calendar but hasn't paid. We are interested in anyone for BTA. Unfortunately it's quite a process getting payment once they are scheduled for quite a few individuals. I have over 40 people who wanted to be notified immediately when BTA was announced yet are silent regarding when to participate and/or making payment. If the sales guy has your payment info your date is safe on the calendar, even if he waits to runs payments later. (Today was meant to be a payment running day for me, turns out this won't happen until Thursday, but everyone I have collected from are secure in their date...if you are on the calendar you are secure too.)

If you want to let me know who you are I can easily locate you in the system and notify your sales guy...let me know what I can do to assist.

"You are never going to make everyone happy." Someone said that once and I believe it. I'm kinda glad I've been busy and missed all the fun. I thought with all these people wanting the BTA it would be tough to schedule and glad I waited. I have been to MMP and talked to a lot of MMP personnel and found them all professional and passionate about what they do. I have been to MMP as a spectator and had a great time. The people were so helpful and friendly and as far as trying to sell a second day, that's their job. As a business owner I appreciate that and tell my people the same, "ask for the sale". For me I am so glad Bryan asked me about the second day and even said "when will you get a chance to drive an FR500?" I said to myself what am I crazy I'll probably never get another chance. I thank Ford for doing this program and I thank the people at MMP for organizing it and doing a second day. Now I can't wait to go.

TMO Supporting Vendors