The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuckP said:
Yes that. Really cool. I was not sure what TSA would think of it so I checked it in my bag. When I opened my bag at home there was a paper in the bad saying my checked luggage was inspected. They probably saw it on the X-Ray and what WTF?
I had mine in my carry-on and got stopped and pulled to the side and was asked to remove it from my bag. They called a supervisor over who approved it for carry-on. It must have been me since Fat Boss was in another line behind me and didn't get stopped. :eek:

roketman said:
Quick google of MSRP's for the list:

$230,000 1:15.1 - Ariel Atom 500 V8
$229,000 1:16.2 - McLaren MP4-12C
$2,400,000 1:16.8 - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
$500,000 1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo S
$650,000 1:17.3 - Ascari A10
$650,000 1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear Wing)
$330,000 1:17.7 - Noble M600 (cold)
$89,950 1:17.8 - Nissan GTR (MY2011)
$660,000 1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda Roadster F
$67,000 1:17.9 - Caterham Seven Superlight R500 (cold)
$1,200,000 1:18.3 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
$660,000 1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F
$770,000 1:18.9 - Maserati MC12
$455,000 1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce
$670,000 1:19.0 - Enzo Ferrari
$225,000 1:19.1 - Ferrari 458 Italia
$205,000 1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
$191,700 1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2
$50,000 1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300
$69,850 1:19.7 - Nissan GT-R
$300,000 1:19.7 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia

So where is the BOSS 302 and Laguna Seca fit in to the track times?

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
BossJockey said:
Boss Bry @ MMP said:
Or Fat Boss' TSA dude is a gearhead who thinks carrying pistons in luggage is perfectly normal...

:p

Is there a UPS store near by?

Sure...drop into Tooele and you'll be able to ship it home. Heavy as it is it makes for an uncomfortable carry on I'm guessing...

Cool. I'll be there Tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait. ;D

69LM1 said:
Cool Vids chuck....... I think I saw you passing me in one :)

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm pretty happy with the GoPro on the suction cup mount. Does a decent job. I used the GoPro again at my local track (Summit Point) but could not use the suction cup because it was a Porsche Club event and they don't allow anything to be suction cup attached in the car. So it put a sticky mount next to the rear view mirror mount on the windshield. Got all kinds of camera vibration...very annoying. Not sure if it was the camera mount or the fact I lost a front wheel weight (discovered that when I changed brake pads this weekend). I should have known better and taped over the weights with metal tape as I usually do.

Anyway, I plan to put together a 10 or 15 minute vid that covers the whole Track Attack experience from the museum tour to graduation and the optional 2nd day. I'll include several stills from the thumb drive we got. Gives me an excuse to play with my video editing software.

-Chuck

ChuckP said:
Here's a couple of videos from MMP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNzKC1NutTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqpvc2V-yw

Good video Chuck. I saved it to my Ipod to watch on the plane ride out there. I hoping it will help me become familiarize with the track.

I watched a few vids of track day on youetube do you think they will allow passing like ive raced all my life and if I get on that track there is no telling me going all out I am sure they may even decide to kick me out of there I am very very competitive. Do they let you race eachother?

jeepinocala said:
I watched a few vids of track day on youetube do you think they will allow passing like ive raced all my life and if I get on that track there is no telling me going all out I am sure they may even decide to kick me out of there I am very very competitive. Do they let you race eachother?

If you have not control over your own behavior this school is not for you.

No I have control just would rather it be more competitive type of day so what your telling me is you can go out there but you dont get to run these cars wide open? just want to clear all this up before wasting money on a trip to drive around whithout being able to see the absolute full potential of these cars so far from the videos I have not see any of them hit a rev limiter so I figure maybe they are restricted? Maybe someone that has gone can answer this for me.

jeepinocala said:
No I have control just would rather it be more competitive type of day so what your telling me is you can go out there but you dont get to run these cars wide open? just want to clear all this up before wasting money on a trip to drive around whithout being able to see the absolute full potential of these cars so far from the videos I have not see any of them hit a rev limiter so I figure maybe they are restricted? Maybe someone that has gone can answer this for me.
It's not a competition. The last two sessions of the day are open track time and I bounced off the rev limiter several times. The MMP cars are setup like a LS and have TracKey installed along with PFC brake pads and Michelin PS2 tires. You are allowed to pass but only on the front straigtaway after a point by. I suspect guys driving flat out like you will be bored. ;)

On the second day they allow more passing, and while not out of control, is a little more liberal. I got the impression that the instructors are evaluating the class and will adjust accordingly (starters, placement etc).

Rich

jeepinocala said:

OK you should be fine. If you've gone to more than one true driving school day you might not want to go. If you are just a very competitive street driver then you'll learn a lot and yes, oh yes you get to drive them as fast as you want.

GA

Fat Boss said:
jeepinocala said:

OK you should be fine. If you've gone to more than one true driving school day you might not want to go. If you are just a very competitive street driver then you'll learn a lot and yes, oh yes you get to drive them as fast as you want.

You can wreck 'em too. Just make sure you bring your check book. ;)

I have Comp O w/Torsen/Recaro/Mats/Cover. I had a 2 '11 5.0s a 3.55 and 3.73 both 6m. This pony sure is a horse of a different color! ;D I'll get off my lazy A and get some pics up one day but so many have done it for me already! ;)

@ArizonaGT I have some friends in Tuscon and Pearce. I'm thinking about road tripping the Boss they would love to see it. Maybe I can get the May 15 class. I'm from Jacksonville FL. We'll see what happens.

Augie

TMO Supporting Vendors