The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuckP said:
Anyone going next week? I'll be on track 9/27 and 9/28 (paid for 2nd day). Actually flying out on Saturday since there is a Porsche Club race at Miller this weekend. I also have a Porsche and run timing and scoring for PCA races. I'm going to check out the track ahead of time and hang out with some friends.

Hi Chuck, I'll be in that class. Leaving tomorrow am and will be in SLC by 1030am.

Let's touch base. I'll PM you my cell number.

Rich

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...

MNG_BOSS302 said:
For Bryan or anyone that has already been to the Track Attack.

Did they let you hang at the track for a little before the reception and watch the class that was going on? I will be getting there mid afternoon, so would like to go to the track (over hanging around Tooele or Salt Lake).

Come as early as you like...take in the museum (free), watch whatever is on track (free) or do some karting (cheap enough for anyone). If I am around (call me to arrange, I work from home a lot and travel to many events) I'll gladly give a tour of the place.

GA

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
MNG_BOSS302 said:
For Bryan or anyone that has already been to the Track Attack.

Did they let you hang at the track for a little before the reception and watch the class that was going on? I will be getting there mid afternoon, so would like to go to the track (over hanging around Tooele or Salt Lake).

Come as early as you like...take in the museum (free), watch whatever is on track (free) or do some karting (cheap enough for anyone). If I am around (call me to arrange, I work from home a lot and travel to many events) I'll gladly give a tour of the place.

Even though I am not going to get the opportunity to take advantage of Track Attack, I still plan to do a 2 or 3 day MMP school sometime. It looks like a "must do" for me.

Boss Bry @ MMP said:

Awesome Bryan thanks, sounds like we will do some spectating and karting!!

Track Attack intro dinner was great, got to meet Chuck from this board as well as several other Boss owners.

This includes a guy from Canada that has a yellow boss that mistakenly got white stripes, a "one of one" car.

Can't wait till the actual class tomorrow.

Rich

GA

69LM1 said:
Track Attack intro dinner was great, got to meet Chuck from this board as well as several other Boss owners.

This includes a guy from Canada that has a yellow boss that mistakenly got white stripes, a "one of one" car.

Rich

Hmmmm...I wonder how that looks. Have a blast tomorrow- I am totally jealous!

Todd told us at the Mustang Roundup that the order banks incorrectly allowed for YB with white. This one order got through and produced before Ford caught it and closed it down. If I were him I'd be in contact with BJ and auction it off and buy a street Boss fo a DD and a 302S for track days. ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
69LM1 said:

Rich
Have him post photos here please. Did he order the white stripes by mistake or are you kidding?

The story is a guy in Canada ordered Kona Blue and white and later changed his order to Blaze Yellow. Evidentally the factory screwed up and changed the paint color but not the striping. The guy later cancelled the order completely and the present owner bought it from the dealer. It looks GREAT in the pics he brought. I agree, I would NOT be driving the car. I would have put it in a trailer and hauled it to Barrett-Jackson! As Rich said, so far it's a great event...people are super...museum is fantastic...top notch facility...but today we drive!!!

GA

ChuckP said:
5 DOT 0 said:
69LM1 said:

Rich
Have him post photos here please. Did he order the white stripes by mistake or are you kidding?

The story is a guy in Canada ordered Kona Blue and white and later changed his order to Blaze Yellow. Evidentally the factory screwed up and changed the paint color but not the striping. The guy later cancelled the order completely and the present owner bought it from the dealer. It looks GREAT in the pics he brought. I agree, I would NOT be driving the car. I would have put it in a trailer and hauled it to Barrett-Jackson! As Rich said, so far it's a great event...people are super...museum is fantastic...top notch facility...but today we drive!!!

I was planning on doing black accents, but since I have the white stripes on the seats white body stripes and a white spoiler could look cool. I would have to see the pictures.

Track Attack was a blast! I lucked out and scored a silver LS for my ride. Have many pics and GoPro in car I'll need to sort through and post later. But here's a pic you'll all enjoy.
100_4178.png

GA

ChuckP said:
I took pics of his pics:
100_4163.png

Nice! I might have to think about doing white stripes. I wonder if a white decklid panel and white spoiler would work too? Since I was thinking about a Shaker intake, the black spoiler and panel would probably tie in better. The Shaker would really stand out in the middle of a white hood stripe.

GA

ChuckP said:
Track Attack was a blast! I lucked out and scored a silver LS for my ride. Have many pics and GoPro in car I'll need to sort through and post later. But here's a pic you'll all enjoy.
100_4178.png

Awesome! I will be getting my "Track Key" on Thursday- my FRPP power pack with calibration and SVT mufflers is in.

GA

suprmn said:
PJWANNABE

What do you mean by your last post "getting your Trackey on Thursday?"

Am I missing something?

It was joke. I am getting the Ford Racing Power Pack installed tomorrow. It consists of a performance calibration that will give me an extra 16 hp/7 ft-lbs torque, a K&N high flow air filter, high performance oil filters, and GT500 mufflers.

Here is what they sound like, which is similar to what my stock '08 Bullitt sounded like:

http://youtu.be/MyW42XP4t5w

You Boss owners should look into these. I might end up getting them too down the road:
http://youtu.be/lE1RnZxlZ-k

ChuckP said:
Track Attack was a blast! I lucked out and scored a silver LS for my ride. Have many pics and GoPro in car I'll need to sort through and post later.

Don't let Chuck fool you...... He was a machine. On the second day he was on my tail the whole way and passed me. :)

It was a blast, and the instructors were great as well. Very professional all the way, and Ford really made the Boss owners feel special.

I am also wiped..... and will post pics soon.

If you have'nt gone, do so. It will be something you will never forget.

Here's one pic:

bosstrophy.jpg

Each Boss owner got one. Real Boss Piston.

:)

Rich

Youtube vid from the course that I uploaded from Miller Motor Sports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMQ445mN-Wg

[youtube]pMQ445mN-Wg[/youtube]

Rich

98RedGT

2012 #552

bosstrackattack.com still only shows dates for 2011 (and all full of course), 2012 dates being worked on and coming soon. is there somewhere else to sign up for 2012 dates?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel