The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 DOT 0 said:
That was Byron driving, I was waaaaay slower than him.

Charlie was faster then me but maybe a second or two. (1) Dont worry it will get better with time :)

(1) That is a second or two for every 15 feet of track not the whole lap :eek:

Whoo Hooo!

Just got a call from Bryan, there was a cancellation for the Sep 27 class. I am in the slot for the 27th and based on what you guys were saying here, opted forth 28th in the FR500S.

Anyone else from the forum going to the Sep 27 or 28 class?

Bryan seems like a genuine car guy and can't wait to meet the staff at Miller Motorsports.

Rich

69LM1 said:
Bryan seems like a genuine car guy and can't wait to meet the staff at Miller Motorsports.

Rich
I can confirm he is. He has an amazing knowledge of Ford's and road racing. Enjoy your Track Attack experience.

I knew I wouldn't know what I learned until I left. Ok, now that I've thoroughly confused you, let me explain. Bryan asked me if I learned a lot at Track Attack and the second day in the FR500S after I mentioned that I've been to other schools in the past. I told him I wasn't sure yet, but that after my next track weekend I would realize what I took away from the school. I have a few track days under my belt, so not really a novice any more. I went into the two days with an open mind knowing you can always learn new things and get faster.

Well this weekend at BIR, I kept hearing Joe Foster in my head talking about being a weight manager and finding those little pieces of camber on the track to get the car to turn. The van arounds (while boring at the time :D) really helped me identify spots at the apex or in the corners where I could use the camber built into the track. Now I already did this intuitively, but having it explained in a different way than I'd heard before gave me something to work on. I finally ran my R6s at BIR and while they certainly helped some, I did drop 2 seconds off my best lap time and part of it was utilizing these techniques. There's a spot heading into Turn 1 at 150 mph where the car bounces once, twice, then BANG! sets and you can turn in with some confidence. Same thing in Turn 2 where your entry is 140 with no banking :eek: I used those spots in the track to considerably improve my speed through those turns. The ride along with Gunnar Jeanette really helped take the blackboard to the seat for me. I could really feel him shifting the weight to the tires that needed to bite.

It's well worth your time to go to Track Attack. They've lined up world class instructors that can not only drive, they can teach.

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...

Guys...it sounds so much better to hear you brag on us than when we sales guys attempt to...I feel I need to don a plaid suit and a bad tie sometimes when I talk about the school.

:p

Indeed, these guys know their stuff. The second day may not be for everybody, but if you can justify it there is a ton to learn there. BTW...I got a sad call this morning...a Boss owner who was to come to Track Attack soon had his car possibly totaled on a open track day. Needless to say this puts a dampner on things. Experienced guys know this, but for newbies to track driving PLEASE do yourself a favor and get some proper instruction before you push too hard. You will make mistakes...we all do...but you will make less after you have done a real school. Play on track without it if you choose to but understand the limits of your skill set.

For those interested in second day your cost is 55% off the typical 2-day program and for your guest it's 19% off. You won't go to school for less, and you'll save enough on wear and tear to cover the costs.

(stepping off the soapbox now...)

;)

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
(stepping off the soapbox now...)

;)

You don't have to but it looks like everyone who attended is doing a good job for you. I posted this yesterday in another section. Tell Charlie and everyone there a big thanks from me, I took a lot of time off at my first track day since school. Just wish I had done the second day. You can also tell him that he is still riding shotgun ;D

2012YellowBoss said:
When I first started the club put me in a car with an instructor that was mainly talking about the last turn. At the time I had no idea what I was doing out there and honestly I just wanted to drive the Boss fast (without wrecking it) anyway. Miller was a totally different story, I wanted them in the car every minute. The instructors are first class drivers but also first class instructors, I am not sure everyone can be both. I am sure my willingness to learn was a big part. I did watch my vids from Miller over and over and while on the track I listened to the ghost driver in the passenger seat.

Thanks for the info on the brakes!

Boss Bry @ MMP

2012YellowBoss said:
I took a lot of time off at my first track day since school. Just wish I had done the second day.

We are hearing this a lot after guys talk with others who do the second day...there is a lot more track time once the drills and learning from day one are over. As you stated you WANT these guys in your car...these aren't local track day guys who are marginally better than you, they are gifted. Anyone with an open mind will leave BTA significantly safer, faster and more confident. Great to hear the impressions of the participants!

Boss Bry @ MMP

orng302 said:
Any news on when the dates will be scheduled for 2012 Bryan?

Nope...but I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for when it does. Anyone who has need of coming but has not contacted a sales person should PM me and I'll insure you get word as soon as we can release it.

Thanks Bryan. Shorty should have my info as I had already spoke to him but just in case I also sent it to you. I hope you received it.

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
orng302 said:
Any news on when the dates will be scheduled for 2012 Bryan?

Nope...but I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for when it does. Anyone who has need of coming but has not contacted a sales person should PM me and I'll insure you get word as soon as we can release it.

Sent you a PM

Boss Bry @ MMP

orng302 said:
Thanks Bryan. Shorty should have my info as I had already spoke to him but just in case I also sent it to you. I hope you received it.

I'll leave this for Shorty then...anything else and things get worse, not better. I'll assist anyone that hasn't been in touch with anyone else at MMP, but there isn't a way to put two Boss drivers into the system with two different sales guys.

For Bryan or anyone that has already been to the Track Attack.

Did they let you hang at the track for a little before the reception and watch the class that was going on? I will be getting there mid afternoon, so would like to go to the track (over hanging around Tooele or Salt Lake).

Anyone going next week? I'll be on track 9/27 and 9/28 (paid for 2nd day). Actually flying out on Saturday since there is a Porsche Club race at Miller this weekend. I also have a Porsche and run timing and scoring for PCA races. I'm going to check out the track ahead of time and hang out with some friends.

MNG_BOSS302 said:
For Bryan or anyone that has already been to the Track Attack.

Did they let you hang at the track for a little before the reception and watch the class that was going on? I will be getting there mid afternoon, so would like to go to the track (over hanging around Tooele or Salt Lake).

Yes. We got there early, parked, and made our way out to the track. We then climbed the tower and watched the action!

Fat Boss said:
Yes. We got there early, parked, and made our way out to the track. We then climbed the tower and watched the action!

Thanks Fat Boss - that sounds exactly like what we want to do. Will be there Oct 9-10.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel