The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed...something that has to be adjusted for is ones perception of value. What may surprise many is our instructors also pay for instruction. Problem is once you reach their level this instruction doesn't come cheap...thousands of dollars for a single day and they drive their own car. I sold a guy who races int the NASCAR West K&N Series a 4-day licensing school. With some coaching added his bill was $13,500...his response was "How do you do it so cheap?"

What we perceive will affect how we see value. I will not pretend this is inexpensive for the typical BTA attendee...even with Ford paying for 60% of the Boss owner's share of a two day program it's real money. Renting a $110mm facility and thrashing track cars won't ever be inexpensive.

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
Indeed...something that has to be adjusted for is ones perception of value. What may surprise many is our instructors also pay for instruction. Problem is once you reach their level this instruction doesn't come cheap...thousands of dollars for a single day and they drive their own car. I sold a guy who races int the NASCAR West K&N Series a 4-day licensing school. With some coaching added his bill was $13,500...his response was "How do you do it so cheap?"

What we perceive will affect how we see value. I will not pretend this is inexpensive for the typical BTA attendee...even with Ford paying for 60% of the Boss owner's share of a two day program it's real money. Renting a $110mm facility and thrashing track cars won't ever be inexpensive.
[/quote]
How true that is. Believe it or not guys even my brother thought my new Boss was way over priced. He thought I as crazy to spend that kind of money on a car. What may be worth something to some people is not worth it to others. I personally believe the Boss to be worth what I paid and if I can beat up MMP cars for what I paid for my 2 days, that is well worth it too.

Boss Bry @ MMP

I live in the real world with most of you, but I see the other side from time to time. The Carrera GT I drove to California and back recently has a windshield that costs $6000 and a clutch that runs $19,000...some drivers swear you can only get 5k miles out of one. (This car has 11k on it and the clutch is fine, so that's bunk, but still...)

I've come to realize there are few things that are truly overpriced...but there are many I simply can't afford.

Scheduled for June 18th, anyone else. Thanks Byran for all the help getting scheduled for my fun day at the track, really looking forward to it. Thanks again, Don Allen or 1BadBoss.

I have only had my Boss for a couple of weeks. How do I get signed up for the track school?
Also, do you fellows recommend any time of year over another? I've never driven on a track before.

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com

Jeff Quinn said:
I have only had my Boss for a couple of weeks. How do I get signed up for the track school?
Also, do you fellows recommend any time of year over another? I've never driven on a track before.

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
Check the beginning of this thread for info. You should get on this immediately as 2012 was filling up fast.

If you have never been on a track before, you're in for a real treat. Running on an open track is about as much fun as you can have. Sign up quick.

5 DOT 0 said:
Jeff Quinn said:

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
Check the beginning of this thread for info. You should get on this immediately as 2012 was filling up fast.

Crap we forgot about changing that. I updated post two with the new dates as I know them.

Bryan, if you let 5 DOT 0, Cloud9 or myself know of any new dates, changes or full days let us know and we will update them at the beginning of this thread.

Boss Bry @ MMP

Jeff Quinn said:

You can always call me @ 801.836.0123 or email me @ [email protected] to sign up for BTA. Email is more accurate, as when I send you a form to fill out the spelling of names and other data are more likely to be accurate. As of right now all May and June dates are spoken for, as are April 10 & 16 and July 16. This is ever changing of course, so always put more than one date in order to insure you get on the calendar.

As for when to come there are many variables to consider...the beginning and end of the season is cool with the possibility of showers, the center is hot and almost always dry. That said I've driven with all 4 of these conditions and loved them all...any day on track beats most any other day!

;)

Hey Bryan any chance you could get a pic showing the air to oil coolers put on the TA cars? In particular would like to see a shot from the front of the car showing location relative to the grille opening.

Boss Bry @ MMP

cloud9 said:
Hey Bryan any chance you could get a pic showing the air to oil coolers put on the TA cars? In particular would like to see a shot from the front of the car showing location relative to the grille opening.

Sorry...been busy with month end and wrapping up BTA for y'all. I work from home almost always, so it may behoove us to get someone who is going there to get some pics. If I remember next time I'm on site I can get back to the garage and shoot some...the last time I was there they were all on track...

;D

Jeff Quinn said:

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com

At the end of Aug when several of us forum members were there, the outside temp gauge read 99*. I think I'd shoot for cooler weather given the chance.

Boss Bry @ MMP

Fat Boss said:
Jeff Quinn said:

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com

At the end of Aug when several of us forum members were there, the outside temp gauge read 99*. I think I'd shoot for cooler weather given the chance.

Beggers can't be choosers at this juncture...here's the proof we've been busy...

April
9, 10, 11
16, 17, 18

May
2, 3, 4
14, 15, 16

June
4, 5, 6
18, 19, 20

July
17, 18
23, 24, 25

August
13, 14, 15
27, 28, 29

September
5, 6, 7
26, 27, 28

October
10, 11, 12

17, 18, 19

As always the black indicates an open day...there are few that remain. Call me!

:)

Bryan

GA

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
Fat Boss said:
Jeff Quinn said:

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com

Beggers can't be choosers at this juncture...here's the proof we've been busy...

April
9, 10, 11
16, 17, 18

May
2, 3, 4
14, 15, 16

June
4, 5, 6
18, 19, 20

July
17, 18
23, 24, 25

August
13, 14, 15
27, 28, 29

September
5, 6, 7
26, 27, 28

October
10, 11, 12

17, 18, 19

As always the black indicates an open day...there are few that remain. Call me!

:)

Bryan

That's cruel- my Birthday is still open. :'( Does a Boss owner out there want to adopt me? I draw the line at being someone's life parter. ;)

Ok, I finally got around to doing something with my Track Attack video (no fancy edits). Go Pro HD Hero, suction cup windshield mount. This is my first time using a Go Pro and this day is the first time for me having the Boss on a track. October 10. This my last open session of the day. Highlights for me are the catch and passes at 7:50 and 23:30 (and then wait for the wave by on the front straight as requested). After the checked flag at 30:00 I pull into the pits and the last 2 laps are with an instructor driving. After the instructor laps you realize you could have gone harder, but I didn't want to be the knucklehead that went off the track, I was focused on staying smooth and hitting the points along the track. It is 30 minutes long, so don't expect anyone to watch it, but it is out there.

I had a great day, awesome facility and job by all the instructors. Lots of smiles per gallon! Go if you have a Boss!

http://youtu.be/vrsrdHMRID8

Well I am all registered for July 23 and 24. Dan over at MMS was awesome in getting things all lined up. After reading all the reviews I can't wait to go. Is there anyone else registered for these same dates?

Bryan i never received an email or the packet of info you mentioned I would get about my Track Attack day. Could you please check all is good and email me so I can make sure i have the dates correct and can get my plane tickets. Also I needed the go cart info for my son.

Thanks

Andy
[email protected]

Boss Bry @ MMP

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

;)

If there are any stragglers with BTA I suggest getting off the fence...everything through July and most of September is taken leaving some of August and October...BTA 2012 is nearly sold out. Message me if you still need to get in line.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel