The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to do the Track Attack, but I was informed as the 2nd owner (first owner only had it for a couple of months and 700 miles), I am not eligible. :-[ I wish there was a way to go, I would sign up today! Travel and hotel would be more than worth the experience!

Well, interestingly, i contacted the dealership that originally sold my Boss, and asked if they would contact the original buyer and ask him to call me. This after I read that the Track Attack "participant" could send another in their place, and I was hoping the guy would call and I could ask about it.

Well, Ken (the original buyer) called me today! He's a great guy, just had too many toys, and another one on the way so he got rid of the Boss. He is more than willing to help me out with anything related to the car (Boss Owners Package, Track Attack, etc).

Contacted Miller Motorsports to ask what Ken needs to do so I can go in his place, but apparently there are all kinds of requirements. Have to be some kind of family member (cousin, twice removed is ok, even a same sex domestic partner). Somehow, I guess it is just not meant to be for me, unless I fork out the cash. Too bad, it sounded like a helluva program.

Jeff Quinn said:
I have only had my Boss for a couple of weeks. How do I get signed up for the track school?
Also, do you fellows recommend any time of year over another? I've never driven on a track before.

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
I went on November 17. It was chilly outside, but very confortable in the car (with heat on). Wear gloves. I would think it would be uncomfortably hot in the cars in the summer, but don't know for sure. This was the first time I had driven on a road course, and I loved it!

Track Attack is a great, great experience. I recommend that you take advantage of it if at all possible.
-- Jim

Does anyone know if you are a 2012 Boss 302 owner will you be able to attend the Track Attack with the 2013 Boss 302 owners during the 2013 season? Just don't know if I schedule for the 2012 Track Attack.

MsBoss302 said:
Does anyone know if you are a 2012 Boss 302 owner will you be able to attend the Track Attack with the 2013 Boss 302 owners during the 2013 season? Just don't know if I schedule for the 2012 Track Attack.

I am attending in July of 2012 and I own an early 2012 Boss. I don't think there are many dates left in 2012. The question will be can a 2012 Boss owner attend Track Attack in 2013?

I have heard that the Track Attack for the 2013 Boss 302 is being held in Las Vegas in 2013. Did you mean July 2012?

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
I would think it would be uncomfortably hot in the cars in the summer, but don't know for sure.
I was there on August 31st and the car was reading 99 degrees outside. It was very warm but not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. It was a dry heat. ;)

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...

MsBoss302 said:

There are few dates left for 2012, so be mindful of that. (message me if you need to get in...) The launch was delayed by Ford long enough to severely impact all early Boss owners, so we didn't hold to the rule regarding doing BTA within one year of the delivery date. At some juncture it would be foolish to think we can avoid this rule...and now would be a good time to play within all the rules. Much like the rule above of no second owners Ford will expect strict adherence...waiting until later is dicey IMO.

Boss Bry @ MMP

boss1334 said:
I have heard that the Track Attack for the 2013 Boss 302 is being held in Las Vegas in 2013. Did you mean July 2012?

I'm pretty sure the origin of the rumor began with a crack pipe...just sayin'. BTA is an MMP thing.

Boss Bry @ MMP

5 DOT 0 said:
YellowJacketBoss302 said:
I would think it would be uncomfortably hot in the cars in the summer, but don't know for sure.
I was there on August 31st and the car was reading 99 degrees outside. It was very warm but not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. It was a dry heat. ;)

For all the jokes about dry heat still being heat it's remarkable how different 99 in Utah is vs 89 somewhere humid...I'll take our dry heat over that anytime! That said, drink up...hydration is everything.

GA

Boss Bry @ MMP said:
boss1334 said:

I'm pretty sure the origin of the rumor began with a crack pipe...just sayin'. BTA is an MMP thing.

;D I made that joke since the 2013 Boss looks like a Leguna Shelby (Shelby is in Vegas, near Las Vegas Speedway). I didn't expect it to turn into a rumor... LOL

PJWANNABE said:
5 DOT 0 said:
It's been confirmed that TK is available for the 2013 Boss. I haven't heard about Track Attack yet.

I heard that Track Attack for 2013 Boss owners will take place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and for an additional charge you can upgrade to a Super Snake. :p

Dumb question......when filling out registration for Track Attack it asks for redemption code....and its astericked for a must input......where and how do I get this redemption code?..... My guess is it's sent to Boss owners with an official invite for Track Attack.....am I correct?......and if so, is two months after purchase long enough for the invite?......Should I be making some phone calls?

Boss Bry @ MMP

Just call me...801.836.0123...I'll get you wrapped up. Just a few slots remain...feel free to call on the weekend. I'm in Long Beach for the International Motorcycle Show pimpin' our other school, the Yamaha Champions Riding School, but I'm able to handle it from here.

Did you receive your 1 day BTA Grad Pack when you finished at MMP? What is in the Pack?
Anyone go for the 2 day and get the 2 day Grad Pack? What's in that one???
I am scheduled for2 day session in Sept 2012. Can't wait. Taking wife along.
DickD

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss

DICKD03 said:
Did you receive your 1 day BTA Grad Pack when you finished at MMP? What is in the Pack?
Anyone go for the 2 day and get the 2 day Grad Pack? What's in that one???
I am scheduled for2 day session in Sept 2012. Can't wait. Taking wife along.
DickD

Dick,

I am also Sept 5/6/7. Doing 2 days and Pony Express in Baja Buggy :)

Peter

MsBoss302 said:

I FINALLY signed up for the last day offered in 2013 for the Boss Track Attack, and I own a 2012 model. Since it is something that's offered for free, I couldn't pass it up. However, I had to delay signing up because of vacation from work....Bryan assured me if it couldn't work out there would be no penalty.

With that being said, for those who have attended what do you recommend on the insurance options offered?

Looks like I was a few days too late for 2012. If any one has to cancel let me know. I will call and see if they have a waiting list.

Just got off the phone with Bryan. No dates available. He said they're trying to get more cars from Ford in order to make it work.

Kind of disappointing that Ford would offer this, yet not bother to do the math on accomodating the promise they made. People shouldn't have to wait a year, or worse, not even be able to book any date.

TMO Supporting Vendors