The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My date is coming up on Sept 5 and was wondering for those of you who have already attended BTA what would be the the best car rental company to use in regards to cost. And the location at the airport. Thanks

We went advantage rental for the cheapest one they had, it was $154 for a week. Through Hilton honors. I got a Hyundai, totally sucked. Way under powered for the hills out there. It got us from A to B.

I called Enterprise today and for 3 days it came to $101.36 for a Fusion. I tried Priceline and it came to $64.23 for the offer price of $10 day. Not sure how accurate that would be considering I didn't complete the process.

I assume they are in walking distance off the airport.

I just bought my 2013 boss and signed up for the track attack list
it has been over a month and still havent recieved an e-mail back about it Any Help

I would call or email again to confirm. I know their swamped. Do the second day if feasible!!

Only one month until Track Attack, going with 3 other Boss owners from KY, I have started a bet, who will have the fastest lap, for those that have been do you have any suggestions for driving the course? Not that I am cheating but researching ;D No one has driven on a track, all newbies.

Watch you tube videos, no matter how fast you are the Instructors will be 10X faster!!. If you are taking go pro cameras make sure you have a roll bar mount as they wont let you use suction cups on the inside any more. but will on the outside.
You will feel rushed in the AM and there wont be time to mount it unless you are very fast. I mounted mine after lunch. (I ate then immediately asked one of the instructors to take me over to the garage to mount it, he then brought me back.
They do not time your laps. BUT you can get iphone/android apps to do this. ASK instructors first about mounting your phone on the vents with a vent mount (since you cant use suctions mounts).

jec246

Fordman9870 said:
Watch you tube videos, no matter how fast you are the Instructors will be 10X faster!!. If you are taking go pro cameras make sure you have a roll bar mount as they wont let you use suction cups on the inside any more. but will on the outside.
You will feel rushed in the AM and there wont be time to mount it unless you are very fast. I mounted mine after lunch. (I ate then immediately asked one of the instructors to take me over to the garage to mount it, he then brought me back.
They do not time your laps. BUT you can get iphone/android apps to do this. ASK instructors first about mounting your phone on the vents with a vent mount (since you cant use suctions mounts).

When I went on July 18th they told us no cameras at all inside the vehicle. Only external mounts were allowed. When did you go? Maybe they have updated their policy. :)

Joe BOSS said:
Fordman9870 said:

When I went on July 18th they told us no cameras at all inside the vehicle. Only external mounts were allowed. When did you go? Maybe they have updated their policy. :)

July 25th, told the same thing. They don't want a camera sliding around on the floor by your feet and the pedals. Apparently it happened, so no more inside the car. Outside, no problem. They will help you place it for the best angles, etc.

They, told me roll bar mount was ok since it was bolted. There were 3 of us that did it. I wasn't mounting mine on outside, I'm too chicken, the day before I had it mounted on roof of my rental as I drove through canyon lands park and it came off and bounced down the road a bit. Thank god it wasn't hurt. Video is kinda cool.

My little bro had a go-pro on his motorcycle when he highsided and got thrown off, then the bike popped back up and went straight (sans rider) until the next turn on the track and drove right off. But the goober forgot to turn it on that one session.

Leaving Monday 8/20 for Track Attack, my track day is Wed. 22. Got all my drivin' gear in the truck already. This is makin' me crazy.....the waitin'. Any one who has done it, do they have camera mounts in the cars, a friend is comming so he will be doing video from the outside. This is so cool, my Shelby buddies are green with envy.

Heading to BTA Mon. I was wondering is the BTA gloves certificate in the Boss Owners Package is required for redemption or are the gloves given out at BTA? Thanks for any reply (I didn't want to sort thru 30+ pages of replies).

CABOSS302 said:
Heading to BTA Mon. I was wondering is the BTA gloves certificate in the Boss Owners Package is required for redemption or are the gloves given out at BTA? Thanks for any reply (I didn't want to sort thru 30+ pages of replies).

No certificate needed for redemption.

I did TA on the 23rd, it was fantastic! Getting some track time in someone else's Boss was great fun.

If you have any prior track experience, the classroom stuff will be a bit redundant. However once you put the helmet on and get out on track the fun really begins.

You'll only use half the track, but since the school is geared for novices, you'll have more than enough speed.

jec246

For anyone that's going I would highly recommend that you watch videos on Heel Toe shifting and find a place to practice if you have never done it before. You do get some instruction and practice, but some will have difficulties getting the technique down. You can either use your heel and toe or you can use the side of your foot instead of your heel. Find which is easiest for you. It's well worth a few minutes to figure out the basics and then you can really put it into practice on the track.

I had never raced before and I did this maybe 10-20 times before I went and had no issues on the track. In fact the instructors were really surprised after my first attempt. It wasn't perfect but they were a little impressed. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors