The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there Thu. evening 10/11 for the reception and Fri. all day (10/12) for my track day.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

Cjmclean31 said:
Is anybody going to be there on 19th this month?

I think my parents are going then. I might be wrong, as they might be going at the end of this week. Either way, my dad is driving both days. Very much looking forward to it.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ

Just returned from the Boss Track Attack in Utah and wanted to reiterate that everyone really "NEEDS" to attend!

The museum has everything from original Cobras, GT350s, GT40s and even an original Thunder Bolt!

There is no chance of realizing the full potential of our cars on the street without the opportunity that Ford has provided us at this event.

The program is operated with military precision in every aspect.

The facility and tracks are first rate along with all the instructors.

At the end of the day you ride along in a Boss with an instructor that is a current driver in one of the professional sanctioned race organizations and this is where you will NOT believe what these Boss's are capable of doing in the right hands!

I opted to pay for the second day and the opportunity to drive the full on race FR500 mustang that was a very limited production run of approximately 75 cars.

That morning it was raining and I was more than a bit apprehensive with the track conditions and driving the FR500 but the dry tires were removed in the garage and the cars were fitted with the brand new B.F. Goodrich Comp II rain tires.

Following a warm up lap the tires worked flawlessly in the wet conditions throughout the entire day. I guess I can't blame the rain or the tires for a full on gravel spitting spin out entering turn five on the West track at the end of the day!! (Or can I) ;D

The second day is far from inexpensive but the absolute best decision I've made in a while.

If I had any recommendations it would be to find the extra dollars and schedule the second day without hesitation, one day is definitely not enough especially to have the chance to drive the full on boogie mustang.

Canadians cannot go to Track Attack as Ford Canada does NOT contribute to this program. Thanks alot Ford Canada!!!!
I never saw once in advertisements that this program was not available to Canadians so I just assumed that I could go. I believe that Ford Canada should pay our fees there or set up a similar program in Canada; perhaps in Winnipeg as it is central. We paid alot more to buy this car in Canada than if we had gone South and bought the car in USA so Ford Canada should answer to us. Canadians--write, e-mail and phone Ford Canada. Let them know that you are angry.

BOSSAZ said:
If I had any recommendations it would be to find the extra dollars and schedule the second day without hesitation, one day is definitely not enough especially to have the chance to drive the full on boogie mustang.

I agree!! I was out last October for a 3 day High Performance Driving School and driving the FR500S for 2 of the 3 days was awesome. I already signed up for the 4 day race weekend in April 2013 to secure my NASA provisional racing license. My BTA session will follow right after that! :)

Boss Bry @ MMP

It's not a Boss but you gotta love it...

Hello everyone...BTA (among the many other MMP programs) consumed my life last year so it has been a long time since I've been on the site. I thought I should update the offerings as there are considerable revisions this year.

First, we have a new registration system that allows for more efficient processing (yea!). The only downside is last year we could do 50% down with balance 30 days from your event...the new system can't allow this. Please plan for payment in full when you sign up. BTA dates have increased, so you will be able to have greater variety of when to be here.

Second, we have launched Raptor Assault. Think Boss Track Attack for off-road, only it's a customer pay program anyone can do. (Show proof of ownership of a 2013 Raptor and save $400 on the full-day program...) Select dates align with BTA in both full-day and 3-hour classes. Contact me for details, you can get some idea here: www.raptorassault.com.

To make it simpler we have aligned one-day people, two-day and BTA/Raptor groups together. It's even possible on a few dates to get the NASA race license that Scott mentioned while you are here. Hopefully this makes a much better experience for all...got questions? Hit me up at 801.836.0123.

Thanks!

Bryan

Bryan, can you confirm if a certain historic GT40 that was up for auction in Monterey last August is now at the MMP museum?

Boss Bry @ MMP

Do the words "Gulf blue Mirage bodywork hangs on the wall" mean anything to you?...

;)

How about "spare sets of 6-spoke BRM wheels painted orange"?

Ummm...yeah...the value of the museum just went up by 20%.

I sent a message last week and called yesterday and left a message. No word yet. I think they are still ironing out some details. Will post up when I manage to make contact.

Boss Bry @ MMP

We are still ironing out some details as we transition to the new sales system for Boss, but we have begun making sales again. Frankly, I don't mind if any of my Boss owners called me as a result of seeing this rather than wait until I call them. Enthusiasts should be at the front of the line...you're the lifeblood as to why Ford did this to begin with. I've given every one of mine an opportunity to go, many are not responding quickly. I realize it takes a while for many to arrange vacation, etc.

I've emailed all I know I'm responsible to, anyone who still needs someone to sign up with can drop me a line at 801.836.0123 or email me at [email protected]. There are hundreds to take care of, so this will take months. If you have a pressing issue inquire with your sales guy and if it's appropriate he'll get you handled sooner than later. If there are any in a group you really need to get on this fast...I just signed up 9 guys who've been waiting months for a combination of BTA/Raptor. There are few opportunities for groups so make sure we have a chance to do these while its early.

I'm jealous...wish I could attend myself.

Some of us have been on waitlist for a long time, and Ford said you have 1 year to sign up or lose it. That is my concern. Thanks for posting, so we know you you guys are working on it ;D

Hello everyone,

Talk about excited, I wil be picking up my BOSS next month (Nov) at Crown Ford in Fayetteville NC. I have a couple of questions, just wondering if anyone can help. I am stationed overseas and I purchased my vehicle through military car sales, so, first question:
It seems that military car sales does not know of the track attack program, is there a way for me to get the info to them, or to register on my own? I would really hate to miss out on this oportunity.
Also how soon after I take delivery can I register for the track attack?
And finally, have the dates for 2013 been posted yet? I will be returning to the states next summer and would like to be able to go do the track attack as soon as possible upon my return and settling in!

Thanks, v/r
Francisco

Vehicles:
Heavily modded 1993 GT (Keeper, even brought it with me to Japan)
Soon to pick up my 2013 SBY BOSS

Just got a call from "Shorty" at MMP... registered for the two day program, May 5-7, 2013. Dang it's gonna be a long wait for May to get here!

He said they have emailed and are contacting about 200 2012 Boss owners who missed out on this year's dates, and about 400 others (presumably 2013 owners) who have signed up online to receive email notification of 2013 dates.

Based on the registration numbers so far, he said about 13-15% of Boss 302 owners are signing up for Track Attack (apparently Ford anticipated about 5% of owners would sign up), and of those about 50% are opting for the two day program. Whatever Ford budgeted for Boss Track Attack, sounds like it's being busted big time.

TMO Supporting Vendors