The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013boss302 said:
Ready to go!!!!!!!
Booked the 2nd day
10-31 and 11-01

Looks like nice weather.

Paul

My wife and I will be joining for the day on the 31st...Can't wait!

Wayne

Paul:

My wife and I will be there for the one day class on the 31st....Can't wait!

Wayne

Senderofan

Hey y'all.....just got back yesterday from my experience at MMP on 10/31. I had a diversion...that was two days long before I got home. Anyway.....I cannot recommend enough that you attend this school. I received much more instruction from this one day course...than I did from my local track. One major experience for me....was the dinner the day before. You are eating in the MMP Shelby museum. I don't believe you'll find more Shelby/Ford racing history in one building!!! I almost could not eat....it's that significant.....I sat within an arms reach of Dan Gurney's Cougar.

I'd also ask that y'all pray and donate to the relief efforts for the hurricane Sandy disaster. We had a member and his wife at my Track Attack day.....they left before the storm hit....and they didn't know the extent of damage to their place until our day at the track. In any event......these folks need our help!

Wayne

I couldn't pull the trigger on the Raptor day, just running the 2 day is going to hurt my pocket. But my friend is doing a bike/car day at Sears Point/Sonoma soon and he says he is going to unhook his bike trailer and run the Raptor for a few sessions :eek: I may tag along just to ride shotgun, since I will still probably be bikeless at that point.

Anyone who does Raptor school let us know how it goes, I may sign up for it if my pocket recovers and they still have space.

CaliMR said:
I couldn't pull the trigger on the Raptor day, just running the 2 day is going to hurt my pocket. But my friend is doing a bike/car day at Sears Point/Sonoma soon and he says he is going to unhook his bike trailer and run the Raptor for a few sessions :eek: I may tag along just to ride shotgun, since I will still probably be bikeless at that point.

Anyone who does Raptor school let us know how it goes, I may sign up for it if my pocket recovers and they still have space.

I hear ya. I had to opt between the 2nd mustang day and the raptor day. I know I will miss the 2nd mustang track day, but I wanted to try something different. Its a nice bonus that it will make all my truck buddies insanely jealous. :)

Anyone have recommendations on affordable hotels? My bro has been there a few times for Bike schools and he said the recommended hotel is pretty pricey.

I stayed at their host hotel at that time (Hyatt place in Aug.) for $89 and it included a hot breakfast. It was close to the airport but about a 20 min drive (no traffic) to MMP.

Georgia

CABOSS302 said:
I stayed at their host hotel at that time (Hyatt place in Aug.) for $89 and it included a hot breakfast. It was close to the airport but about a 20 min drive (no traffic) to MMP.

I stayed at the Springhill Suites near the airport on points. Also included hot breakfast. Just about all the major hotels are at this exit near the airport. Very easy drive to MMP and only 7 minutes to downtown SLC and a variety of restaurants.

Has anyone spoken to Bill lately. I called him with my CC info to reserve my dates in May but he has yet to charge me or respond to my emails. So I have no idea if I'm locked in or not.

Senderofan

Zoldier said:
Has anyone spoken to Bill lately. I called him with my CC info to reserve my dates in May but he has yet to charge me or respond to my emails. So I have no idea if I'm locked in or not.

I met Bill at our pre- Track Attack dinner meeting on Oct. 30th. He said he was going to have a hip replacement "Soon"....at that time. Might be the case that he's recovering from his surgery at this time.

Wayne

Senderofan said:
Zoldier said:

I met Bill at our pre- Track Attack dinner meeting on Oct. 30th. He said he was going to have a hip replacement "Soon"....at that time. Might be the case that he's recovering from his surgery at this time.

Wayne

I got an out of office reply from him initially saying he was attending SEMA but would be back the following week. I suppose I'll try to call next week.

Senderofan

Zoldier said:
Senderofan said:
Zoldier said:

Wayne

I got an out of office reply from him initially saying he was attending SEMA but would be back the following week. I suppose I'll try to call next week.

Yeah.....give him a ring this next week....he also mentioned the SEMA thing as I recall. Sure hope you get through to him.....he's an amazing asset to MMP and Track Attack!

Wayne

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750

After trying to set up my 3 city tour. Kind of my mini vacation.I finally got set up for April 24-25.What a pain in the butt,syncing SLC, Vegas and LA then back home. But its all good now. Really looking forward to it.

fbbob96 said:
After trying to set up my 3 city tour. Kind of my mini vacation.I finally got set up for April 24-25.What a pain in the butt,syncing SLC, Vegas and LA then back home. But its all good now. Really looking forward to it.

By SLC I assume you're Army. Where's your school at? I'm trying to do the same thing with my WOAC. I have to fly to fly from Orlando to MMP and then on to Ft. Jackson. I feel like my own travel agent. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors