The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mike
Maybe we can meet up for dinner one night.
I am doing the 2 day Boss driving on Tuesday/Wednesday
My girlfriend will be driving the Boss on Tuesday and the Raptor Assault on Thursday.
We are staying at a B&B in Sandy,

Hi Bob-- dinner would be great. We have the intro dinner Tuesday night as the only thing scheduled so far. Maybe Thursday as a celebration in SLC? I have heard in the past, drivers getting together at the Hyatt in SLC for some beverages and such... ;)

Mike

Mike

That's what I have for my Go Pro, but haven't used the camera or the card yet. What is the solution...a smaller card, different brand, etc? I have the exact 64 card listed on Go Pro's sight!

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

jlwdvm said:
That's what I have for my Go Pro, but haven't used the camera or the card yet. What is the solution...a smaller card, different brand, etc? I have the exact 64 card listed on Go Pro's sight!

GoPro just put out a firmware fix for this

MA

i have heard about the "fix" unfortunately my issue happened before that. If it was me I wouldn't trust it. The company that is attempting to recover it says to use 32gb max. just google "sd error" or "no sd" with 64gb in a go pro. Its a situation where sandisk says its gopros fault and gopro says its sandisks fault. If my once in a lifetime footage is recoverable I'll be on the hook for $325. not worth the risk. just buy 2 32gb cards IMO.

If you are just filming your track sessions at track attack, a 32gb card should be fine. I had plenty of space left. Had mine set to 1080p.. Granted its only the white edition (5mp) but it was fine.

I got the Black and it seems like it doesn't like my 64gb card...the very one that GoPro recommends! I put in a 16gb card and it seems to be working. I have 10 days to get it figured out before I head to Autobahn. I hate computers! Do you use the waterproof case for filming at the track?

jlwdvm said:
I got the Black and it seems like it doesn't like my 64gb card...the very one that GoPro recommends! I put in a 16gb card and it seems to be working. I have 10 days to get it figured out before I head to Autobahn. I hate computers! Do you use the waterproof case for filming at the track?

Not if its mounted inside the car. If its mounted outside than the waterproof case is fine.

jlwdvm said:

Did you download the update?

I tried to download with the 64gb card in, but I think the card is trash! My computer says the card can't be formatted when I bring up my external devices menu in "my computer". I had a 16gb card in another camera that seems to work, but I'm a computer idiot and can't seem to be able to figure out how to get the update loaded. "Unzip this"..."copy that"...I'd rather rebuild a carb! My updates "failed" each time I tried. I also think my computer isn't good enuff to view video with out it being choppy during play back. I used a friends new laptop and my test movie worked great. I'm gonna take the 64gb card back and get a couple 32gb cards I think. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

I just did the update 2 days ago. You follow the directions on the screen and there is no formatting, copying, unzipping or anything like that. It was a step by step process, but easy to follow along.

Brewmaster Mike
Dinner on Thursday sounds Great. Not sure if my Girlfriend will be able to move after doing the Raptor Assault, but we will be there, BTW - Isnt the Welcome dinner on Monday Night with driving on Tuesday?

Brewmaster Mike
Dinner on Thursday sounds Great. Not sure if my Girlfriend will be able to move after doing the Raptor Assault, but we will be there, BTW - Isnt the Welcome dinner on Monday Night with driving on Tuesday?

My dinner at TA is Tuesday night and driving on Wednesday and Thursday. Is yours different? BTW, there isn't much for dinner here at the Hyatt, but nearby there are lots of choices.

Guys,

My wife's coming along as a non driving guest. She would like to know if there are seats that she can kick back in and catch some ray's. Anyone know otherwise I've been told to buy her a recliner :(

big red one said:
Guys,

My wife's coming along as a non driving guest. She would like to know if there are seats that she can kick back in and catch some ray's. Anyone know otherwise I've been told to buy her a recliner :(

The non driving guests get to attend all the classroom stuff and when the drivers are on the track,they can either watch from the tower or trackside or they can stay inside in the a/c. ALSO MMP personnel will ferry them around in a van to wherever the next session is. Several of the guests just disappeared for the day and came back for lunch and then for their hot laps at the end of the day.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

batman48195 said:
Did you guys bring your own helmet?

Brian

Yes. But if you don't want to (for whatever reason) MMP will have one ready for you.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I took mine as a carry-on to prevent it from getting all banged-around in the luggage labyrinths below the airports.

I've got July 15-18th. 2nd tour. Enjoyed it so much the first time, I had to buy a second one. Anyone else going then?

TMO Supporting Vendors