The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Wheel Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
FWIW I have gotten a ton of compliments on the factory wheels already. I've had a few enthusiasts ask me if I had already changed the wheels, they were surprised factory wheels would look so good.
I like the stock wheels just fine but I'm thinking a wheel with more polished aluminum might be a better match with the white decals. Plus I wouldn't mine being a bit different than all the other KB Boss 302's running around. ;) Another thought is to paint my stock wheels KB. I painted the spokes the same color on my second Porsche and it looked very nice. I'd leave the lip polished.

5 DOT 0 said:
I like the stock wheels just fine but I'm thinking a wheel with more polished aluminum might be a better match with the white decals. Plus I wouldn't mine being a bit different than all the other KB Boss 302's running around. ;)
I'll take some pics with my silver track wheels, but with my black stripes/roof it might not help you much. I'm not even sure how they'll look since all the accents on my car are black, but will be interesting.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
FWIW I have gotten a ton of compliments on the factory wheels already. I've had a few enthusiasts ask me if I had already changed the wheels, they were surprised factory wheels would look so good.
I like the stock wheels just fine but I'm thinking a wheel with more polished aluminum might be a better match with the white decals. Plus I wouldn't mine being a bit different than all the other KB Boss 302's running around. ;) Another thought is to paint my stock wheels KB. I painted the spokes the same color on my second Porsche and it looked very nice. I'd leave the lip polished.

You hit one of the biggest issues I have with the car color choices on the head with that. The black rims look a bit off to me against that blue and the white. Lightening them a bit would be nice.

ufnavy06 said:
You hit one of the biggest issues I have with the car color choices on the head with that. The black rims look a bit off to me against that blue and the white. Lightening them a bit would be nice.
The black wheels look great on the cars with the black stripes and the whole look is fantastic. The TWS wheels have a gunmetal background and the 302S wheels have black. I change my mind daily but if I do replace the wheels it will most likely be one of those two.

I'm just messing around posting the other wheels. Cloud9 said he liked the SVTPP wheels so I did those. My PS skills are pretty limited but if anyone else wants to see a specific wheel post a link to the photo you want me to use and I'll give it a shot. One thing is I'm only good as straight on shots and it's best if the wheels are on a car so the brakes and background are captured. Otherwise the PS just won't look right.

These are Shelby CS40's and one of my favorites. Again I'm mostly looking at polished/brushed aluminum with black background. But these only come in 20's and I'm sticking with 19's only.

Boss-302-Sidewheelscs40blackchop.png

5 DOT 0 said:
These are Shelby CS40's and one of my favorites. Again I'm mostly looking at polished/brushed aluminum with black background. But these only come in 20's and I'm sticking with 19's only.

Boss-302-Sidewheelscs40blackchop.png
There you go! I see what you mean about the polished/brushed aluminum look. I think you should add silver to the mix as well. Yep, I think that looks great with the white stripes.

5 DOT 0 said:
Here's a photo of the wheels on a dark colored GT500. Too bad they are only available in 20's.

cs40DSC_0124.jpg
Are you wanting to stay away from 20s? They do fill the wheel wells very nicely. But, they probably degrade the ride and performance I suppose.

5 DOT 0 said:
Here's a couple of more. First up are the SVTPP wheels in gunmetal. Not sure if this chop represents how they will look on a car, they might be darker. The SVTPP wheels weigh about 28 lbs each. The second is the TSW wheels in gunmetal.

2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-SideTSWblackchop.png

I like these best. I so over having to clean break dust off my polished rims every 100 miles.

It seems the white spoiler fits and flows with the rest of the white accents. I still like the black wheels the best.

I had my Enkeis painted black and just ordered a set of Laguna Seca wheels in black/machined face. I'll post pics when I get them. I should have my Enkeis tomorrow but might not get them on the car until Saturday. The LS wheels are coming next week, but will probably just ride in the truck as spares for the track event since I'm planning to get the car track ready this weekend.

5 DOT 0 said:
What do you think?

Well, I didn't think this would happen, but I actually like the white wheels. They obviously tie-in to the color scheme better and they are period correct. If you search around the Internets, you will find photos of vintage Boss Mustang's with white wheels. I like them enough that I would consider getting white track wheels. For the street, I still like the black too much to change them, even if they aren't as integrated into the color scheme as some of the other cars.

Your p-chops did give me an idea, though. I think a nice scheme would be white car, blue stripes, blue wheels.

Jimmy

White with blue stripes would look great. I like that look on the GT500.

If someone wants to try a white spoiler and white mirror shells it can be done for just over $200. If you don't like it put the original ones back on. I think either of the options would look fine. I'm pretty stuck on the carbon fiber GT500 rear spoiler with Gurney flap, carbon fiber mirror shells, and the SVT PP wheels. The wheels have a similar color hue to the carbon fiber so I think it could look pretty good. I still have plenty of time to change mind unfortunately.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel