The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Wheel Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How about this.

white-sblackwheels.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
With white mirrors. The mirrors didn't come out perfect but you'll get the idea. Similar scheme to the LS with with the grill and hood graphics switched. I'll chop the SVT PP wheels on this evening.

03915748-boss-302-wheel-color-change-white-mirrors.jpg
The wheels will make it look great

I promised some pics of the Enkei track wheels after painting them gloss black. They are 18 x 10.5 and 18 x 9.5 with Nitto 555RII 305/35/18 and 285/35/18 tires. Massive amount of rubber under the car ;D I have a stagger of 1.26" between the front and rears. In my experience with the Boss I've found a staggered setup 1-1.5" wider in the rear works better than a square setup. The square setup tends to oversteer. The reason I went with the 555RIIs is due to the height. It was the only combination I could find in an 18 that got anywhere close to the stock height and the stagger I wanted. On top of that they'll hold up way better than Hoosiers even though they won't be as fast.

I just ordered a backup set of Laguna Seca wheels in black with machined face in 19 x 10 and 19 x 9 with Hoosier R6 295/30/19 and 265/35/19 tires. They'll be in the pickup as a backup set for next weekend at MPH in Hastings, NE so I'm not sure when I'll get pics of those. Let me know what you think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks guys. They are painted not powder coated. Not sure how they 'll hold up but if I was buying new Enkeis I would order in black if they're shipping yet.

cloud9 said:
I just ordered a backup set of Laguna Seca wheels in black with machined face in 19 x 10 and 19 x 9 with Hoosier R6 295/30/19 and 265/35/19 tires. They'll be in the pickup as a backup set for next weekend at MPH in Hastings, NE so I'm not sure when I'll get pics of those. Let me know what you think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They look awesome,,,Looks like I'll make a trip to Hastings and pick up some LS wheels when someone is on the track--> ;D

I like the black rims, not crazy about the way the rear tires stick out of the rear quarters.

If there one thing I'm not crazy about on our cars, it's the tire size Ford went with. There are no reasonable priced R compound tires in our 27" diameter size. I guess I'm going to have to get use to the large wheel gap. :(

BossJockey said:
There are no reasonable priced R compound tires in our 27" diameter size.
It is limited. I hope these Nittos work well as they are pretty cheap. $1000 shipped and heat cycled. We shall see. The Hoosiers on the LS wheels are worse at a full inch shorter than factory.

As ar as the rears go they give it a great stance on the track and do not rub.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Rick,
The KB looks much better with just the white spoiler. The rims will only add to it.

Gary,
The black Enkeis look amazing. Almost makes me want to get them too.

TMO Supporting Vendors